skiff

jsquez

master backlasher
Jun 8, 2015
Name
jesse
Boat
Yes
What's the story with this roller? Is it welded or bolted?
Neither... they have a washer and like a safety pin deal on them.. not sure what the hell happened it was locked down but some how decided to slide forward anyway. after the holidays I will be in the market to replace it.. I hate this trailer

Unassailable

Professional Amateur
Aug 26, 2009
San Diego
Name
John B
Boat
BW
Neither... they have a washer and like a safety pin deal on them.. not sure what the hell happened it was locked down but some how decided to slide forward anyway. after the holidays I will be in the market to replace it.. I hate this trailer
The reason I ask is because some jackass is stealing bolts off trailers at that parking lot. As far as I know, no one knows why. Might be some nut job trying to cause damage to boats. Removing a cotter pin is easier than taking a bolt off. Check your trailer for anything else missing just in case.

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Trailerboaters crashing, due to sabotage, just for some psychos entertainment is hard to fathom, but not too hard to imagine these days, unfortunately.

jsquez

master backlasher
Jun 8, 2015
Name
jesse
Boat
Yes
The reason I ask is because some jackass is stealing bolts off trailers at that parking lot. As far as I know, no one knows why. Might be some nut job trying to cause damage to boats. Removing a cotter pin is easier than taking a bolt off. Check your trailer for anything else missing just in case.
I completely believe that because As fucked up as that sounds I always do a walk around before we grab the boat I’m always expecting my spare tire to be missing but luckily it hasn’t happened yet

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
I am not superstitious and instead tend to figure out the underlying causes of bad luck to avoid a repeat. In your situation, I am wondering whether the root problem was insufficient maintenance. Impellers fail if they aren't changed regularly and fenders don't fall off by themselves.

Reactions: One_Leg

Unassailable

Professional Amateur
Aug 26, 2009
San Diego
Name
John B
Boat
BW
This is from the other thread. It seems this has been going on for some time:

Oldtimer2

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 29, 2020
Iowa City Iowa
Name
Rob Malone
Boat
don't got no boat
Well let’s start out by saying my grandfather had told me years ago when he was stationed in Hawaii they wouldn’t let him on the fishing boat with chicken as those guys believed it to be bad luck... so as it goes
JSQ--
Great post. Funnier than heck. (Yeah, I feel for ya, but it was still funny.) I hope everything is all fixed up now.

You are probably too young, but your post reminded me of an Al Capp cartoon character called "Joe Btfspik". The guy always had bad luck.
1606260430433.png

I'd heard of bananas giving bad luck, but chicken was a new one. I think you might wanna rename your boat, no más pollo. ;)

No chicken.jpg