Upvote 0

jsquez

master backlasher
  • Jun 8, 2015
    Name
    jesse
    Boat
    Seacraft 20
    What's the story with this roller? Is it welded or bolted?
    Neither... they have a washer and like a safety pin deal on them.. not sure what the hell happened it was locked down but some how decided to slide forward anyway. after the holidays I will be in the market to replace it.. I hate this trailer

Upvote 0

Unassailable

Professional Amateur
    Aug 26, 2009
    San Diego
    Name
    John B
    Boat
    BW
    Neither... they have a washer and like a safety pin deal on them.. not sure what the hell happened it was locked down but some how decided to slide forward anyway. after the holidays I will be in the market to replace it.. I hate this trailer

The reason I ask is because some jackass is stealing bolts off trailers at that parking lot. As far as I know, no one knows why. Might be some nut job trying to cause damage to boats. Removing a cotter pin is easier than taking a bolt off. Check your trailer for anything else missing just in case.

Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
    May 11, 2007
    You're mined!
    www.csicop.org
    Name
    Alan
    Boat
    1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
    Trailerboaters crashing, due to sabotage, just for some psychos entertainment is hard to fathom, but not too hard to imagine these days, unfortunately.

Upvote 0

jsquez

master backlasher
  • Jun 8, 2015
    Name
    jesse
    Boat
    Seacraft 20
    The reason I ask is because some jackass is stealing bolts off trailers at that parking lot. As far as I know, no one knows why. Might be some nut job trying to cause damage to boats. Removing a cotter pin is easier than taking a bolt off. Check your trailer for anything else missing just in case.
    I completely believe that because As fucked up as that sounds I always do a walk around before we grab the boat I’m always expecting my spare tire to be missing but luckily it hasn’t happened yet

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Yes
    I am not superstitious and instead tend to figure out the underlying causes of bad luck to avoid a repeat. In your situation, I am wondering whether the root problem was insufficient maintenance. Impellers fail if they aren't changed regularly and fenders don't fall off by themselves.

Reactions: One_Leg
    Upvote 0

Unassailable

Professional Amateur
    Aug 26, 2009
    San Diego
    Name
    John B
    Boat
    BW
    This is from the other thread. It seems this has been going on for some time:

Upvote 0

Oldtimer2

Jul 29, 2020
    Iowa City Iowa
    Name
    Rob Malone
    Boat
    don't got no boat
    Well let’s start out by saying my grandfather had told me years ago when he was stationed in Hawaii they wouldn’t let him on the fishing boat with chicken as those guys believed it to be bad luck... so as it goes
    JSQ--
    Great post. Funnier than heck. (Yeah, I feel for ya, but it was still funny.) I hope everything is all fixed up now.

You are probably too young, but your post reminded me of an Al Capp cartoon character called "Joe Btfspik". The guy always had bad luck.
    1606260430433.png

I'd heard of bananas giving bad luck, but chicken was a new one. I think you might wanna rename your boat, no más pollo. ;)

No chicken.jpg

Upvote 0