DennisV

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 4, 2017
Paloma, CA
Name
Dennis Vagt
Boat
Just a NuCanoe Frontier now.
As an experiment, I used nothing but pink fluoro all last year. This year I switched back to clear fluoro and my gut instinct tells me I'm getting bit better on clear for fussy bluefin. I have no real data to back that up.

What do you guys think?

45king

Jig slinger/arrow flinger
May 29, 2005
Sd/Oc
Name
danny
Boat
Hall pass
Good question. So I’ve been using pink forever and have had great success. One day I was listening to let’s talk hookup with a seaguar rep on and he kept saying that fluoro carbon does not come in pink. I was kinda pissed to be honest. He straight up said pink fluoro does not exist and that true fluoro material comes clear. He had me fucking thinking. All of a sudden a few months later they come out with the pink label. What the fuck?

I rock pink fc every chance I get. And if u fish cbass, then u know what I’m talking about.

Upvote 0

BluefinCurly

Skipper
Aug 15, 2004
Central Texas
Name
Carl
Boat
Vagabond, The Last Minute
I have read many times that pink is near invisible at deeper water, be it mono or fc.
Red is the first color to "disappear" in the water column at about 30ft of depth.

That being said, I use pink on heavy leaders for FF and such, but prefer clear usually.
I have done well with the Gold, but primarily due to smaller diameter I believe.

Upvote 0

Omarkayak

I've posted enough I should know better...
Jul 26, 2007
Northridge, CA
Name
Donald W. Clarke III
Boat
11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
Pink line and leader are my favorite. I have no idea why. :gay:

Good fishin'!
BDC OK

Upvote 0

DennisV

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 4, 2017
Paloma, CA
Name
Dennis Vagt
Boat
Just a NuCanoe Frontier now.
so here is when you use Pink YoZuri with better than usual success:
- in the daytime with bright sunlight in fussy to pick bites..

all other times clear is the way to go.
Yep, that's what it says in the brochure. As the pink line is supposed to absorb some light that would reflect off of a clear line.

But we all know, (or should know) that red doesn't disappear at depth but turns to a gray tint. That's probably why so many rock fish species are red in color.

With a belly hooked bait that's swimming deep, or a sinker rig, that pink may be a disadvantage.

Upvote 0

Crowman

Almost A Member
Mar 3, 2017
Northern California
Name
Crowman
Boat
YES
As an experiment, I used nothing but pink fluoro all last year. This year I switched back to clear fluoro and my gut instinct tells me I'm getting bit better on clear for fussy bluefin. I have no real data to back that up.

What do you guys think?
I remember reading an article on why they color line. Clear line or floro will what they call light piping transmit light down the center for a distance that fish can see. By putting color in the line the light won't transmit as far making it more invisible.

Upvote 0

Crowman

Almost A Member
Mar 3, 2017
Northern California
Name
Crowman
Boat
YES
Yep, that's what it says in the brochure. As the pink line is supposed to absorb some light that would reflect off of a clear line.

But we all know, (or should know) that red doesn't disappear at depth but turns to a gray tint. That's probably why so many rock fish species are red in color.

With a belly hooked bait that's swimming deep, or a sinker rig, that pink may be a disadvantage.
Red is the first color to disappear in the light spectrum at 10 plus feet it will look black.

Upvote 0

CaptainLeo

Dec 12, 2006
Wyoming
Name
Leo
Boat
Snowshoes
I don't fish fc too much, but have been fishing pink Ande since the early 90's and have noticed that it gets bit a lot more than most other monos, or some fishing fc. I even have some 2, 4, 6, and 8 pound for fishing here in Wyoming now, works in freshwater, too.

Upvote 0

Blind Luck

Feb 14, 2015
Temecula
Name
Mike Grieco
Boat
MALAKAS
I'm kind of partial towards pink 200lb on deep drops for bluefin...🤣🤣🤣🤣

20210627_085726.jpg

20210714_151647.jpg

Upvote 0