GoldChops

Fish fetchin' dog
May 8, 2014
San Pedro
Name
Chops
Boat
Yes
Here is my gripe of pinheads "deadheads" when they ride for free and the special says light load of 25. and off you go now realize its now 29 fisherman. WTF you paid x amount to ride for a lighter load
Oh I give my JP and ask for fish cleaning and still tip on top of that
Makes sense on smaller boats with limited loads. Most of the time they fish the bow out of respect.

Upvote 0

AZTunaBaron

Aug 11, 2010
Phx,AZ for the time being
Name
Baron was my dog
Boat
Someday
Salvatore, yes that was me. Hope to fish with you again someday.

Good luck on the rest of you trips.

I hope to get out again soon, looking for a 2.5 in the next 2 weeks as it may be my last trip this season.

Upvote 0

Vic Lagina

King of all Fish
Jul 23, 2014
North County
Name
Vic Lagina
Boat
Valco
I'm going to try one of these all day boats as I got scared in my 15' Valco the other day when I went way out. Is it rue that I have to give all my jackpot money to the crew if I win? Where I used to live you could keep it or tip the crew with part of it. And what is a pinhead?

Upvote 0

BigfishDM

Aug 3, 2011
TunaTown
Name
Josh
Boat
Jawsh's
I'm going to try one of these all day boats as I got scared in my 15' Valco the other day when I went way out. Is it rue that I have to give all my jackpot money to the crew if I win? Where I used to live you could keep it or tip the crew with part of it. And what is a pinhead?

Yes its a unwritten rule that JP goes back to the boat, good karma!

Upvote 0

C-4 Fishing

Feb 4, 2014
Name
Dave
Boat
Kayak
I always get in the jp to pay for cleaning and galley if I win and the rest goes to the crew. But it drives me crazy how serious people get into it. People let it ruin their trip even if it was an epic limit style, leave em biting trip. I'm not just talking customers here, I've seen crews get bent out of shape about it as well.
I know some boats that have gotten rid of it because it is just too much drama. Maybe others should follow suit.

Upvote 0

salvatoretocco1

Almost A Member
Aug 7, 2008
san diego ca united states
Name
salvatore tocco`
Boat
none
I appreciate the compliment, but its just about making sure people have fun...life is too short...Oh and let me know what trip your going on? i will try to make it as well and we can slay them together......You absolutely do not have to give the jackpot back to the crew and the people on the chief do not make you feel that way either! i have seen them get 10 bucks off the top of the jackpot shake the guys hand and say thank you very much. Its just about what you think it fair and right. I just happen to always give it to them, or any boat i go on.

P.S got limits of yellowfin yesterday on my buddys triumph 24' , literally wide open....get off your computers and go get some fish.!!!

Upvote 0

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
All i know is if the kid did all the work they say he did, and coached and helped, and still had time to land the jp fish then someone should be buying the kid a beerski. ;)

Upvote 0

stonefly

Apr 21, 2007
sacramento, ca.
Name
randy welsh
Boat
16' mirrocraft
i'm not primarily a tuna fisherman. in fact my sept. trip on the searcher will be my second tuna trip. (i gave a third place pot to the crew on the first trip)
iv'e moved over the hill from multiple mothership & panga trips plus any type of fishing i could do in the last 45 years or so.
here's my take on jackpot's and iv'e won a few.
to "compete" in fishing is the surest way i know to put the stink on my fishing WAH. i pay the entry for no other reason than the chance to give up the pot to the crew, which grows my WAH.
i enjoy the acknowledgement if i win but stay clear away from anything remotely like bragging. (also not WAH conducive)

beware the man with only one rifle.

Upvote 0

clintonstick

Mar 18, 2014
Name
mike
Boat
g3
Do not really want to spark controversy here but i happen to be the "semi Pro" pinhead that won the jackpot. To answer al questions and retorts and put this to rest, i paid to go on this trip. Now the reason i help so much during these trips on the chiefs is because, I fish this boat often and happen to be have be friended some of the crew because of that frequency. I am also very blessed to be financially stable and have the time to be able to fish these trips relatively often. For me catching a fish is awesome. But whats even more rewarding is putting someone who has never caught a tuna on their first bluefin. It is a cool feeling.

I help cut and gaf to make the lives of these deck hands easier during this hectic season, that consists of turnaround multi-day trips on a almost everyday basis. I payed to be in the jackpot, which out of the 6 times i have fished this boat this year including rockfish, was the only time i came out victorious. The jackpot was donated in whole to the crew which they deserved.

JP FISH

View attachment 531529
i dont even know what a pinhead is, but that pic looks like a badass with a badass fish,props to you man i am jealous lol.If some guy on a boat can outfish and take your coat off more power to him, one time i signed and paid the jackpot,looked down and the guys name before me was lucky,what chance did i have lol,lucky was a young bad ass too and he caught a bunch of fish.I would like to photoshop my head on that pic, is that possible,please help thanks

Upvote 0