Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
18' Crestliner Superhawk, 14' Tracker "Fish Git' RRR"
I asked my son where he wanted to go fishing last weekend and he said Comins for pike. OK, it's a long drive, but if that's what he wants... Left the house at 4am and was on the water and fishing by 8. For the first few hours the pike were not cooperating and the best I could muster were a few follows. It was time to see if the trout wanted to play. After trolling trout spinners for 20 minutes we had a strike, low and behold,,, the pike did want to play. My son got 2 of these "hammer handle" size pike and then it slowed down for several hours.

I tried all the pike stuff in my tackle box and started back on the bucktails around 3 in the afternoon. From 3 until sundown it was constant follows on the bucktails with 3 pike making it into the boat and 1 quick release right at boat side. Here's the best one of the day, not a monster, but better than getting skunked.

All in all a good day spent on the water with my son.

Marcus

"Oddjob"
May 21, 2004
Carlsbad
Name
Marcus
Boat
Tuna Jihad toilet cleaner/Intrepid
Very cool. Looks like a great day out on the water with your son!

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
Nice job on the Pike with the little guy.

Very cool.

Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
18' Crestliner Superhawk, 14' Tracker "Fish Git' RRR"
Thanks,

Thanks,

and Ha HA Ha! My camera phobia is only for BIG stripers, other fish don't count... It was the pike's fault I didn't catch a big one,,,, had nothing to do with my fishing skills or choice of lures :D

ECMFab

A Salt Weapon
Mar 24, 2008
Oceanside/CA/USA
Name
Ethan
Boat
Sold her :(
Those look so cool.. I wanna catch one someday. Great job gettin the little guy on fish.