Pierpoint landing 1/2 day

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by Eli Miro, Jan 7, 2017.

1. rexor_rn

rexor_rn Mangingisda

Name:
    Mananagat
    Boat:
    "CATTLE BOAT"
    Chinese deckhand kid started fishing and caught perch before arriving the spot??? Was the Chinese deckhand Trolling for perch then???

Its so Funny & Full of Baloney.....First He is Kevin a Cambodian NOT a Chinese. (The Helpful Middle Age Guy in the Galley, Errol is the Chinese!). No matter what your perception on the Deckhand, his ethnicity is irrelevant unless you have some issue with the Chinese.

I can understand your Frustration for Not Catching the Ideal Fish you Want....but its Fishing! You could have just Followed what They did or How they Fish, rather than Whinning.

Southern Cal have been my Go To 1/2 Day Party Boat when I Started Fishing Most of the Weekends from June to December last year, so I know these guys and observed how they behave & interact with Paying Customers with No Issues.......Yes they Do Cast there Rig from Time to Time BUT Only After the Boat has Stop & Settled Down & Everybody are Fishing YET They are Quick to Assist if you Called Them or They Happen to See you Need some Assistance.

Jigslinger likes this.
  2. Eli Miro

Eli Miro Newbie

Name:
    Eli
    Boat:
    The Halibutt

My point exactly. Ive gotten skunked and still
    Had better days fishing. it's not about catching fish I caught a decent days worth of fish my point being that deckhands should act like they actually are there to do there job and not just fish , I had no problem with the quantity or quality of fish I caught I just don't believe it's fair to the paying customers when there's constant tangles and the deckhands are too busy fishing to do their job.

Cubeye likes this.
  3. Eli Miro

Eli Miro Newbie

Name:
    Eli
    Boat:
    The Halibutt

You must fish there a lot I hear regulars get special treatment, second of all I have no problems with Chinese I love all races. I don't care about race really... it's 2017 lol. I just hate people who think they are so much Better than everyone else because of their gear . And lastly how can I follow how they fish when I don't have none of the gear they had, they recommend tackle to the customers but they were using something completely different than what they told us to use so I didn't have the option to fish how they did. I mean I'm just here to let people know about my experience it doesn't mean everyone's gonna have the same experience.

4. Eli Miro

Eli Miro Newbie

Name:
    Eli
    Boat:
    The Halibutt
    I've also read similar reviews on yelp , and I have no problem with the captain or his operation. I just don't find it professional for him to let his crew put their own fun and enjoyment over those of the customers. Like you said I came back with fish so it's not all bad but the point is they could use some work on their customer service.

5. Eli Miro

Eli Miro Newbie

Name:
    Eli
    Boat:
    The Halibutt
    First of all I've read most the reviews and I seen a lot of reviews similar to mine , maybe you should read a little more carefully instead of assuming , I never said I didn't catch enough fish I could care less about the quantity of fish I caught. 2nd I never made any derogatory comments, I just stated someone's race , I didn't say anything bad about Chinese... and yes they had 4 deckhands and a cook I seen them with my own eyes so I don't know how far fetched that is?

6. drumford

drumford gotta go babe!

Name:
    Dondo
    Boat:
    Cory's Rig
    Maybe you should post a report instead of wtb/wts...

7. Kareem Korn

Kareem Korn Muffin Monster

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    Longboard, 15' Calibogie ("Bogart")
    I don't think deckhands should be fishing at all, unless it's hook and handoff. Or giving instruction to a passanger.

eli672 likes this.
  8. Jigslinger

Jigslinger Fishing is an incurable disease

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
    I think the issue here is your assumption that he's Chinese because he's Asian. Then bringing that up when it's completely irrelevant to your fishing experience. It's like when some people assume all hispanics are Mexican. Just as inappropriate.

rexor_rn and nito like this.
  9. the SLIDER

the SLIDER https://multimediabylj.com

Name:
    L J
    Boat:
    the SLIDER
    The OPS are very selective in what they remove on the website. I made a passing comment about someone being able to catch nice halibut while the rest of the country was cold using the term, G..... W......, and the post was edited for "political". Seeing that the post got off track, it was a good move.

This guy was attempting to describe one deckhand in particular, didn't use a racial slur and gets hammered.

OPS could have edited this one to keep it on fishing instead of "political correctness".

10. Scott Edwards

Scott Edwards Member

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    26 Osprey
    Anyone that uses Groupon and takes a blue perch home and said they had a great dinner shouldn't even be Fishing or complaining. They should stick to the jettys

One_Leg, rexor_rn and fishboy93 like this.
  11. King Halibut

King Halibut BigBoy

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    none
    I don't blame you I'd be pissed off too. The deckhands are there to work not fish, if paying passengers are having to unhook their own fish and untangle lines the deckhands are not doing their jobs.
    Kudos to the cook for actually pitching in and helping.
    Ultimately it's the captains fault for running a half assed operation, the customers needs always come first, period.
    Your displeasure should have been reflected in the lack of a tip!
    You have other option, I'd take one!
    No need to put up with poor service regardless of what it cost.

Tom Jr., Cubeye and eli672 like this.
  12. Eli Miro

Eli Miro Newbie

Name:
    Eli
    Boat:
    The Halibutt

My point exactly thank you

13. Eli Miro

Eli Miro Newbie

Name:
    Eli
    Boat:
    The Halibutt
    Btw I could care less how many fish I caught I'm not pissed because of the amount of fish I caught im more disappointed that the captain lets his crew act unprofessional and does nothing to correct the situation when I've read so many similar reviews about deckhands fishing instead of attending the paying customers.
    So next time don't try to make unnecessary comments until you read carefully

14. PUDDLER

PUDDLER John

Name:
    JOHN
    Boat:
    235 Triumph "High Spot"
    It's a groupon boat. Get what you pay for. Deal with it!

rexor_rn likes this.
  15. Eli Miro

Eli Miro Newbie

Name:
    Eli
    Boat:
    The Halibutt

That's no excuse for bad customer service. Not everyone uses Groupon what about those people on that same boat. They received the same shitty customer service as I did and they still paid full price .

16. titan05

titan05 Pelagic Terminator

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    Chelsea Rae
    reports are not always rosy...just don't make em personal
    Thank God the deckhands weren't Martian.....could have started a interstellar war

you always have other options

eli672 and rexor_rn like this.
  17. Eli Miro

Eli Miro Newbie

Name:
    Eli
    Boat:
    The Halibutt

Lol yeah definitely want to avoid starting an intergalactic conflict

rexor_rn likes this.
  18. rexor_rn

rexor_rn Mangingisda

Name:
    Mananagat
    Boat:
    "CATTLE BOAT"
    Naming the Deckhand by its Race is not a Racial Slur but Inappropriate & Uncalled for....it is just hte same as saying as Black Deckhand, Mexican Deckhand.....etc which has no Place in 2017....its not even an issue of Political Correctness either....

fishin_kid likes this.
  19. rexor_rn

rexor_rn Mangingisda

Name:
    Mananagat
    Boat:
    "CATTLE BOAT"
    Just arrived from my First of the Year 1/2 Day Southern Cal this Morning, JANUARY 15, Sunday, with MITCH as the Captain......Sadly your Whinning that you went with Them Last JANUARY 6, is a LIE.....I talk with the Deckhand KEVIN which you called CHINESE KID and even his Little Brother JAYDEN.....just to get a Confirmation about an Event last JANUARY 6, Friday and They All DENY that they were on the Boat on that Day and are Not even Sure if it Went Out as it was a RAINY DAY......I should have Ask the Office then or Next Weekend.......A Quick Check from Pierpoint Sportfishing Report on Southern Cal Have NO REPORT for JANUARY 6.....

20. Eli Miro

Eli Miro Newbie

Name:
    Eli
    Boat:
    The Halibutt

First of all I don't know any of the deckhands names so how else can I identify them , I never made any offensive comments so your argument is invalid. If I would've said black guy nobody would've be offended . Just stating race.

Second of all you're wrong :) I have my ticket stub and my tickets still . So as to your accusation of me lying you're the only real liar.
    They're not sure if they went on a boat when I was there ? Ok lol that's why this landding receives so many shitty reviews as they're running a shitty half ass operations. Of course they're gonna deny any wrong doings. By the way they tend to lie/ exaggerate on reports lmao, I've read so many yelp reviews claiming falsified fish reports.

Really was it raining on Friday ? Because I remember the rain on the following day which was a Saturday. Even had a game warden on board checking the sculpins and bass so I'm sure you're wrong I don't know if you're lying about asking them or if they're lying to you but either way youre wrong on all levels

Cubeye likes this.