Pier Casting A Fat Bonefish & A RARE Golden Trevally!

Scuba Chris

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • May 17, 2016
    Kapolei, HI
    Name
    Christopher Takahashi
    Boat
    Christina Ann
    All Day & Night For 3 Strikes & Nothing To Show:(

This cold & wet December weather has seen a decline in nearshore species. Also with the heavy rains the fresh water intrusion has also lowered the water temperature along with the shorter days. I've been asking around & even the stores have less fresh fish. Getting harder to find some near shore action.

I spent 2 days & 1 night trying to make this. It was my pleasure to meet Nick Kalen & his friends at 5am?! I was almost out of water, food & bait. I had to change action cameras as i only use roughly 10% of my video segments. I have to bring so much gear that i'm forced to use a utility wagon. But at the end of the day when i put everything together, i smile and realize it's all worth it.

I was there helping out these guys but they had it under control. I'm very happy for Nick. He was a great angler & a nice guy. This video i'm dedicating to Nick. I hope when you look back at this that you realize you have my respect. The Bonefish "O'io" was a fattie! And the Golden Trevally "Pa'oPa'o" is indeed a delicious treasure! I hope your wife will enjoy the meal you caught for her.

Cover copy.PNG

Upvote 0

grander007

May 10, 2007
    Honolulu
    Name
    zzzz
    Boat
    46, Bertram, Deep Blue
    happy new year and look out for ciguatera! if you know someone who got it, it is not viewed as 'worth the risk' in most cases.....................
    the golden mentioned here is a prime risk

Ulua / GT are also very risky, as are barracuda

tight lines,

Reactions: Scuba Chris
    Upvote 0

Scuba Chris

• May 17, 2016
    Kapolei, HI
    Name
    Christopher Takahashi
    Boat
    Christina Ann
    I had it BAD back in the 80's from a large Omilu off Barber's Pt. Had temperature reversal & every joint was aching.

Upvote 0