Pictures how we eat.

dausualinc

Nov 25, 2008
Honolulu
Name
Kekoa
Boat
30' Knife
After many hours of cutting, brining, soaking, and smoking here is the finished product. Not sure how big the marlin was but we ended up with 130lbs of finished smoked meat. Now i just have to figure out how to get the smoke smell out of my clothes and hair

Attachments

HwnCatcherman

Aug 5, 2011
Honolulu/HI/USA
Name
kimo
Boat
minnow
Ahi shoyu poke, spicy Ahi poke, Ahi sashimi, blackend Ahi / secret sauces, Ahi katsu rolls, maki sushi style. All made by one fat chef, Hwncatcherman Quote of the day, "fishing is for guys that don't catch" that's why I go catching!

Attachments

shinchan

Making other fishermen look good....
Jul 10, 2008
Kaimuki
Name
Randy
Boat
13' Whaler "Shinchan"
Looks like som' ono kine grinds right there!!!!

AhhhPau!

Oct 27, 2011
Moku Nui
Name
MD
Boat
Free and Clear
If you don't mind sharing...how you guys get the marlin to look so nice? My friend was experimenting and the meat turned out looking like he dipped it pancake mix and it hardened. :) Tasted good, just not so aesthetically pleasing. :)

gpaul1961

Oct 3, 2011
shingle springs
Name
Glenn
Boat
LEFT HOOK
Man O man. Ono grinds. I used to go to Pearl City with my Dad and eat Saimins from the Pake carts. Brings back memories. Im a local boy, stuck in mainland. Is Ok. Moke watching the Haole Ladies!

Ducttape

May 28, 2009
Olympia/Wa/US
Name
Steve
Boat
"La Paloma" 24ft Skipjack
great thread, really enjoyed this one. keep it going guys. i have got to figure out that seared process. these dishes look amazing.

Jul 26, 2012
LA
Name
Tim
Boat
N/A
i was going to be severely disappointed if no one had any poke but luckily the last page came through. looks great guys.

manu-o-ku

Jul 13, 2012
Honolulu, hawaii
Name
luke
Boat
170 Montauk
Tahitian Poisson Cru
Mix fresh eat right away, don't marinate
1/2 lb super fresh Ahi
4-5 tbls coconut cream
1/2 fresh lime, juice