Addicted2fishin

where's da fish
Jun 16, 2006
Hawaii
Name
RJ
Boat
19 Glasspro, 17 Ali'i Kai
Garrett.. you are lucky since you can get Moana Kali at will since Kimi is a wiz at nailing those. I wanna try hot peanut oil over a steamed one...mmmmmm.

aj1976

Apr 14, 2008
kaneohe
Name
aj
Boat
23 Seacraft
I looked thru the archives but couldn't find anything just yet. I gotto agree that MK steamed is a winnah! Another way I like to cook it is to deep fry it whole, pour a chinese brown gravy w/ green onions, ginger, and parsley over it. Tastes just like steamed fish but the skin is Krispy. hmmmm.

Attachments

Surfdoc

The finger in the Dyke!
Mar 7, 2003
Bahia Asucion BCS
www.momentoffame.com
Name
Stan
Boat
Mx Panga, MOJAC
I'm just stoked I understand everything after leaving the islands many years ago...

Lee.............keep it up Bro, your making us look damn good!!!

CaptnJD

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 23, 2003
O'Side
Name
James
Boat
Skipjack 25, "BREAKAWAY" & CABO 35 "REEL AQUASITION"
You guys may not be rich. But you eat like KINGS. Like surfdoc said. Its a good thing that I remember the Pidgeon from a trip or two over. Most of the guys here are kinda wondering what the hell you guys are talkin about most of the time?

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
17' Seaswirl Striper CC, Krystana C.
Russ, I concur - The best way to prepare aku, ahi, ono, mahi, small marlin is to eat it raw! I like your pics of the aku, I dream about these all the time!

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
17' Seaswirl Striper CC, Krystana C.
Russ, I forgot to compliment your spicy tuna poke recipe, I did not have all the ingredients, just used the basics: mayo, shriacha(?) sauce, togarashi, and some sesame oil. Total broke da mouth!

tsutomu

Mar 7, 2009
Aiea, hi
www.tsutomulures.com
Name
garrett
Boat
Anne's Revenge
Garrett.. you are lucky since you can get Moana Kali at will since Kimi is a wiz at nailing those. I wanna try hot peanut oil over a steamed one...mmmmmm.
lucky in deed!! no need catch, no need clean, no need cook, just crack the beers and EAT!!

I looked thru the archives but couldn't find anything just yet. I gotto agree that MK steamed is a winnah! Another way I like to cook it is to deep fry it whole, pour a chinese brown gravy w/ green onions, ginger, and parsley over it. Tastes just like steamed fish but the skin is Krispy. hmmmm.
Aj going try that style next time it sound good.

Russ's spicy tuna looks really good and the smoke marlin picture as well!!