longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
Left shelter island at 530 this morning with a great scoop of bait. Only one boat ahead of me at the bait line which was a nice change. Cleared the point and was met with amazing sea conditions. Pointed the boat towards the 425 in hopes of finding some dorado inside the temp break around that area.
20191003_064943.jpg
Water temps slowly began to rise a few miles shy of the 425 and I found about 10 small kelp that were all dry. I passed the 425 and started working SW, water temp was 69.5 in the area.

At 12/23 i saw 2 little splashes so i slowed to check it out. I grabbed the stick bait and threw it out and was instantly blown up on. Got the fish to the boat and threw 2 dippers of bait and the ocean erupted. It was wide open of a bite I've had this year. I ended up with a limit of quality fish by 830 and released 6. I called out the numbers and the first boat to show put a few on board before the other 15 boats showed up.
20191003_133116.jpg
20191003_133149.jpg

I split shortly after and stopped on a few more empty kelp before heading in. Beautiful morning and was back to the dock by 1130. They are still around and biting, good luck!

Last edited:

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
Awesome report thanks for sharing

Deckman

May 29, 2013
Bonita ca. USA
Name
Todd Deckman
Boat
21' CC Parker
Left shelter island at 530 this morning with a great scoop of bait. Only one boat ahead of me at the bait line which was a nice change. Cleared the point and was met with amazing sea conditions. Pointed the boat towards the 425 in hopes of finding some dorado inside the temp break around that area.View attachment 1075009 Water temps slowly began to rise a few miles shy of the 425 and I found about 10 small kelp that were all dry. I passed the 425 and started working SW, water temp was 69.5 in the area.

At 12/23 i saw 2 little splashes so i slowed to check it out. I grabbed the stick bait and threw it out and was instantly blown up on. Got the fish to the boat and threw 2 dippers of bait and the ocean erupted. It was wide open of a bite I've had this year. I ended up with a limit of quality fish by 830 and released 6. I called out the numbers and the first boat to show put a few on board before the other 15 boats showed up. View attachment 1075010 View attachment 1075011

I split shortly after and stopped on a few more empty kelp before heading in. Beautiful morning and was back to the dock by 1130. They are still around and biting good luck!
Awsome buddy, wish Icould do mid week!!! Good size also!

Reactions: longboard85

robert vega

Bluefin
Jul 3, 2016
orange
Name
balls out fisherman
Boat
saint
Great report! Nothing like having a wide open bite all by yourself! No tangles!!! No other boats to run over your fish and shut the bite down! Dream day!:lux:

Reactions: longboard85

sumcatch

Inspire
Oct 20, 2018
San Diego, CA
Name
Sean
Boat
Sum Catch - 305 Boston Whaler Conquest
You made my day yesterday! Was up at the 302 with the Fleet and heard you call out. Water was about 2 degrees colder at 302. By the time I reached 12/23 counted 11 boats with no one bent. I decided not to join the party! Broke out the trollers and headed to 9/23 and hit a Skip. Chummed like crazy while my buddy reeled it in. It was wide open for an hour. 7 yellows and 6 skip on board with about another 5 break offs. I heard everyone being respectful to you over the radio asking where you wanted them to pull up to join. Unfortunately, I had someone do 2 circles around us at like 7 knots watching us bent. Was waiving him in but he just kept motoring around in his Cruiser. Still an epic time! I ended up calling in the numbers shortly after as those boats were still on your numbers. Hopefully everyone down there got into those schools! Cheers!