JTrelikes

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 3, 2006
    Lakeside, CA
    Name
    Jim Trelikes
    Boat
    Bubba Jean 28
    One of my rare posts of a freshwater rod. This is a Phenix Ultra MBX-700MH baitcaster. Features Fuji Alconite guides, and an Alps trigger seat. EVA grips with some simple inlay work........something else I haven't done much of in the past. Four color fade work on all the guides, that was getting kinda tricky with my numb old fingers as I got closer to the tip! LMAO!!
    IMG_6153.JPG
    IMG_6154.JPG
    IMG_6155.JPG
    IMG_6157.JPG
    IMG_6158.JPG

IMG_6159.JPG
    IMG_6162.JPG
    IMG_6164.JPG
    IMG_6166.JPG

IMG_6148.JPG
    IMG_6151.JPG

Upvote 0

ready2roll

Jan 3, 2016
    Florida
    Name
    chris
    Boat
    Native
    Great looking rod! I agree, doing anything fancy on micro guides or smaller guides in general gets pretty tricky. Either way you killed it!

Upvote 0

cmepen

• Jun 16, 2009
    Chula Vista
    Name
    Einar Lohner
    Boat
    Cabo Marine 226
    Love the overall look to the rod! Fade work looks killer! Colors are reminiscent or the 70's era. Awesome!

Upvote 0

JTrelikes

• Oct 3, 2006
    Lakeside, CA
    Name
    Jim Trelikes
    Boat
    Bubba Jean 28
    Good job on the mini wraps, wait til your fingers are as old as mine.... or worse, as old as Doc's LOL

Yeah.........especially poor Doc's hands after his new fish pond project. Hope he's doing better. After finishing this little bass rod, I think the next time I do a build like this I'll be breaking out the old hand wrapper instead of trying to do it in the lathe.

Thanks to everyone for the comments! :)

Upvote 0

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
    Jun 1, 2006
    Lakeside
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    sold! / cattle boat
    Nice build Trelikes, really digging the alps reel seat with the extremed knurled barrel nut, never seen that before...

Reactions: JTrelikes
    Upvote 0

JTrelikes

• Oct 3, 2006
    Lakeside, CA
    Name
    Jim Trelikes
    Boat
    Bubba Jean 28
    Nice build Trelikes, really digging the alps reel seat with the extremed knurled barrel nut, never seen that before...
    Yeah Rob, these seats are pretty damn sweet. Shape and design when they close down on the feet of the reel. I don't do many freshwater sticks these days, but I'll definitely be recommending this Alps when those come along.

Upvote 0