Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Copy paste.

Action Needed: JOIN THE PETITION

Governor Newsom: Save Sportfishing Boats!
Regulations Mark the End of Family-Oriented Sportfishing

Cost-prohibitive regulations will put many family-owned sportfishing and whale watching boats out of business within 3-6 years

Will substantially increase the price of passenger tickets, limiting access to saltwater fishing

Threatens jobs dependent on outdoor recreation
When the State mandates new air quality or fuel standards for automobiles, regulations apply to future production and often, many years into the future. However, in the case of harbor crafts, the California Air Resources Board is requiring boat owners to replace or significantly modified existing engines as soon as January 1, 2023, long before the lifespan of existing engines has expired. Not only is this unreasonable, it is impossible.

Join the petition here: http://www.savefishing.com/petition/

Upvote 0

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    You can sign any petition you want but you are not changing shit under the current administration.The construction industry with all their lobby money hasnt been able to change anything CARB does and have been dealing with this for years.There is actually a guy here whose wife runs a business dealing with just this,she helped me get a variance for my f450 that carb told me i had to remove from the state because it had a 7.3,same motor in a f250/f350 is fine but not in an f450,go figure.

Reactions: Reel hip
    Upvote 0

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
    Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    Last edited:
    Upvote 0

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    %100 and if someone is blind enough to sign something without knowing what the proposition or bill is then it's nothing but a marketing ploy. Of which there is some really smart ones out there that I applaud and respect for being so sneaky. But I want to read what I'm petitioning and will go full blast with it across all channels to help promote but we need facts!
    I figured it was safe, or BD would not let them post there link,, or the Adm. would have flagged it.

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Yes
    Why is it that people only get excited when it is their ox that is being gored, or development in their back yard. The real lesson here is to oppose excessive regulation where ever your find it. Too bad we can't elect representatives to make it their full time job to address these issues as members of the legislative and executive branches they way their constituents would. That system depends upon an informed electorate who vote as a matter of principle, not just convenience and only when their direct personal interests are attacked. California is becoming a terrible place to live and raise a family not because we have a stupid governor and radical legislators, etc., but because we have citizens only care if they are directly impacted.

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    didnt the boats have to change out their motors to cleaner versions about 20 years ago?
    there was a federal assistance program for the those who kept detailed service and fuel records.
    It was called the Carl Moyer program and i think it gave boat owners a free tier 3/4 engine but they still had to pay for removal/install of old and new engines.

Reactions: Reel hip and wils
    Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
    Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    didnt the boats have to change out their motors to cleaner versions about 20 years ago?
    there was a federal assistance program for the those who kept detailed service and fuel records.

It was called the Carl Moyer program and i think it gave boat owners a free tier 3/4 engine but they still had to pay for removal/install of old and new engines.
    Yup. This is nothing new!
    Still a lot of money for these older motor replacements. All marine operation industries are eligible for public funds. And many other industries.
    I have handled many contracts

I'm not sure why they (SAC) is going this route?
    CARB has been around for a long time.

Oh and GAWD help us if we need to ask Newsome for help.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
    Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Why is it that people only get excited when it is their ox that is being gored, or development in their back yard. The real lesson here is to oppose excessive regulation where ever your find it. Too bad we can't elect representatives to make it their full time job to address these issues as members of the legislative and executive branches they way their constituents would. That system depends upon an informed electorate who vote as a matter of principle, not just convenience and only when their direct personal interests are attacked. California is becoming a terrible place to live and raise a family not because we have a stupid governor and radical legislators, etc., but because we have citizens only care if they are directly impacted.
    And then vote in a gas tax that doesn't fix roads but go into the general fund that they (politicians) see fit to spend where they want.
    (ie) housing and schooling the immigrants and giving themselves a raise!

Reactions: MYNomad and wils
    Upvote 0