Fincutter

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 3, 2016
Bartlett, IL
Name
Greg
Boat
Independence
I can't be the only one who gets annoyed about the gummy residue from jig price stickers. What do y'all use to remove it? The best thing I've found is a product called "goof off." That's fine for when I come home from Fred Hall with a dozen new jigs (I line them up on my work bench and soak them with goof off for a couple of hours). But that's not a solution for the ones I pick up last minute at the landing. Anyone have a great idea for this?

Phat Boat

Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Its a pain in the ass to remove. I usually give up and have some sticky gunk left that gets dirty. Ill try WD40.

Reactions: Cubeye

AWilliams

May 18, 2009
Ramona, Ca.
Name
Alin Williams
Boat
none
I used to be OCD like that but then realized after using real stinky cleaners like goof off or acetone that I wasn't getting bit very much or as often. Don't forget that fish can smell a thousand times better than a human so they'll follow that jig for 100 feet and not bite it sometimes because it has an odor

screamingreel

Long Range Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
Hayward CA
longrangesportfishingsandiego.com
Name
Jeff Burroughs
Boat
Long Range and Private
FYI: Lighter fluid (naptha) takes the residue off instantly and is very inexpensive. You only need to use a very small amount. Wipe it off with a cotton swab or rag. Easy-peasy!

- Jeff Burroughs

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
wd40....easy peaszy.....or just fish it with the sticker the fish don't care as long as it swims....

K.W.

Apr 23, 2005
L.A.
Name
KW
Boat
S.S. Minnow
Soak in hot water for a few minutes.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I used to be OCD like that but then realized after using real stinky cleaners like goof off or acetone that I wasn't getting bit very much or as often. Don't forget that fish can smell a thousand times better than a human so they'll follow that jig for 100 feet and not bite it sometimes because it has an odor
Acetone leaves no odor on a jig.

Scott McPherson

Throw a couple of Wilson’s here
Aug 17, 2017
Califonia
Name
Scott
Boat
Shogun
I can't be the only one who gets annoyed about the gummy residue from jig price stickers. What do y'all use to remove it? The best thing I've found is a product called "goof off." That's fine for when I come home from Fred Hall with a dozen new jigs (I line them up on my work bench and soak them with goof off for a couple of hours). But that's not a solution for the ones I pick up last minute at the landing. Anyone have a great idea for this?
That’s so funny. I thought I was the only guy that was struggling to get that stuff off. I saw a jig with a sticker on it killing fish on my recent trip. Lol
Regards
Scott

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Allot of solutions mentioned

Irons don't come in sealed boxes with skus on the box. So the super adhesive price tags are used so thiefs do not switch the price tags

Reactions: Cubeye

ssrmr2

Mar 15, 2006
OC
Name
Steve
Boat
17' montauk "Anger Management"
denatured alcohol. or white latern fuel