PENN

farhangs

Aug 29, 2005
Aliso Viejo, CA
Name
bent deck-hose
Boat
Fresh One
Fished Friday for Saturday with 10 guys. Got good dines from Mike at Pedro. Love that guy, always pleasant. Boat has killer bait tanks and tons of fishing room.

Lots of show, managed 6 yellows for the boat but looked the whole time like it would break wide open. Fish rolling on top the whole time, just wouldn’t bite. I have a feeling squid would have been the ticket but hindsight. Apparently the Eldorado got 30 hook ups on mackerel. All fish came on 20# test, fish were surprisingly line shy. Jackpot was 30 on the the spring scale, second place 28, the rest 18-20. Nice grade of fish.

Dom, Brian, Chris, and a new second Steve were great. Good food, cold beer, and unbelievable weather.

Osborne on the way back was dry, saw a foamer of yellowfin off the West end of Cat that stayed up until the second our jigs and bait landed on them. Oil well, we tried. Tough schedule for an overnight but shows they are willing to go the extra mile.

On a sad note one guy’s car was stolen from overnight parking, apparently no cameras or security, so watch out. Felt awful for the guy. I bet the thief waited until the twilight boat got in and those anglers left, then knew the remaining cars were from overnight where they would have plenty of time to get out of town unnoticed.

Tight lines guys

Upvote 0

dctalk523

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 28, 2007
OC
Name
ChoeMan
Boat
Never
There needs to be better security at 22nd landing parking. The lot is huge and lots of transient and tweaker lurk that area.

Upvote 0

dctalk523

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 28, 2007
OC
Name
ChoeMan
Boat
Never
There is always homeless in the parking lot
Across the street.

Port Police and hell even Harbor (LAPD) needs to step up patrol in that area. Tons of tweakers and transient lurk that area.

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
I'd expect a bigger grade of fish there now, but they're likely still at SBI, Yellowtail that is. What was the cost of the trip? Any cod fishing done? It's a wonder them thieves haven't been found in a chum bucket by now, and I hate those fucking tweekers!! Thank You for your report!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

farhangs

Aug 29, 2005
Aliso Viejo, CA
Name
bent deck-hose
Boat
Fresh One
I'd expect a bigger grade of fish there now, but they're likely still at SBI, Yellowtail that is. What was the cost of the trip? Any cod fishing done? It's a wonder them thieves haven't been found in a chum bucket by now, and I hate those fucking tweekers!! Thank You for your report!

The volume of fish busting up our chum was ridiculous and you could tell they were big ones. They just wouldn’t touch hooked baits or surface iron or coltsnipers.

The trip was a charter and $300 per person. We opted swing for the fences at the Osborne and try for tuna vs stay and catch cod, but that was a passenger choice. They asked.

Reactions: Cbaldwin and Cheech
Upvote 0