bosco

Older Timer
Oct 21, 2005
Santa Barbara
Name
Ken Ross
Boat
Someone else's
Fished with 11 others on Cass Tours Pesca Panama 2019 trip. Fished for YFT the first full day between Punta Hermosa (Coiba Island) and the Hannibal Bank. Fished under the bird schools and landed tuna from 60 lb. to 230 lb. Tuna were biting everything (poppers, live bait, chunk, surface iron). Left them biting and went inshore for roosters, cubera, sierra, pompano, african pompano, jacks, blue jacks and others). Lot's of rain next couple of days and the tuna did not bite the same area so we fished inshore for more of the inshore species. No reports of bill fish on the Hannibal so we did not fish it. Final full day went back to the tuna grounds. Metered fish everywhere deep but they did not come up. Tons of bait (bolito) were everywhere. Tuna we caught first day were plugged with the bolito. Fished around Montosa, caught bonito, and the panamanian albacore. Went back to tuna grounds; metered fish again but would not come up (that's fishing). Called it a trip and headed to the barge at Bosa Chica. Another great trip, captains, crew, food, all awesome. bosco

TsTime

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 9, 2006
IB
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Alblemarle SF Ex
thanks for the timely report

mma

May 12, 2011
santa rosa/ca/usa
Name
gary furness
Boat
na
Fished with 11 others on Cass Tours Pesca Panama 2019 trip. Fished for YFT the first full day between Punta Hermosa (Coiba Island) and the Hannibal Bank. Fished under the bird schools and landed tuna from 60 lb. to 230 lb. Tuna were biting everything (poppers, live bait, chunk, surface iron). Left them biting and went inshore for roosters, cubera, sierra, pompano, african pompano, jacks, blue jacks and others). Lot's of rain next couple of days and the tuna did not bite the same area so we fished inshore for more of the inshore species. No reports of bill fish on the Hannibal so we did not fish it. Final full day went back to the tuna grounds. Metered fish everywhere deep but they did not come up. Tons of bait (bolito) were everywhere. Tuna we caught first day were plugged with the bolito. Fished around Montosa, caught bonito, and the panamanian albacore. Went back to tuna grounds; metered fish again but would not come up (that's fishing). Called it a trip and headed to the barge at Bosa Chica. Another great trip, captains, crew, food, all awesome. bosco

Jay Warner

Oct 18, 2007
SC
Name
Jay
Boat
24 Triton LTS
Good times, stinks the fish dropped out like that but thats ok. Hope they have fattened up some by May.