Upvote 0

Rabid Fish

Jun 27, 2004
    Southern California
    Name
    Alex
    Boat
    26'
    Walking that fish back from the bow to the cockpit if he went over with that belt on .Not much time to unhook. Put it in free spool.your going to die.Best to hand rod off then get back in the game.
    I totally understand the club thing, it's like a fraternity, it's part of the brotherhood to follow the same rules and I guess (unfortunately, IMO) IGFA rules are the flag-bearing standard in the fishing world, so it makes sense clubs would use them.

I am sure as heck not in that brotherhood myself though. It actually kind of pisses me off that a bunch of Florida crap gets any recognition here. These are the rules of an organization that has always had major east-coast bias and which has basically ignored west coast fishing completely. I call it the IDGAF, not the IGFA. Their rules are completely insane, and at times dangerous as you pointed out. You can back a boat down on a marlin while a guy in a chair cranks, but you can't use the rail? It's basically how some guy and his buddies like to fish, that's what's legal, and what we do isn't.

I think the west coast traditional stuff like linin lines and whatnot are cool because they are part of OUR fishing tradition. But this is totally JMO

Upvote 0

ninj

ninj
    Jan 18, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    John White
    Boat
    20' glasstron CC '77 sea fury
    I totally understand the club thing, it's like a fraternity, it's part of the brotherhood to follow the same rules and I guess (unfortunately, IMO) IGFA rules are the flag-bearing standard in the fishing world, so it makes sense clubs would use them.

I am sure as heck not in that brotherhood myself though. It actually kind of pisses me off that a bunch of Florida crap gets any recognition here. These are the rules of an organization that has always had major east-coast bias and which has basically ignored west coast fishing completely. I call it the IDGAF, not the IGFA. Their rules are completely insane, and at times dangerous as you pointed out. You can back a boat down on a marlin while a guy in a chair cranks, but you can't use the rail? It's basically how some guy and his buddies like to fish, that's what's legal, and what we do isn't.

I think the west coast traditional stuff like linin lines and whatnot are cool because they are part of OUR fishing tradition. But this is totally JMO

The IGFA rules were adapted directly from the Tuna Club of Avalon. They're west coast rules.

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    Hell ya! What a catch. Thanks for sharing. Loved the video too!

Upvote 0

Latest posts