Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
My buddy grew a variety of hot peppers and brought a jar of PJ in to work for me. I made the mistake of sharing it with the crew. 20 mins later it was gone and we were asking how to get more.

I pulled some strings and for a sixer of Rebel Rouser it was game on. He brought over two grocery sacks full of that homegrown goodness and I contributed about a pound each of jalepenos and serranos. I also bought 2 cases of pint jars and two cases of 4oz jars. He brought one case of pint jars as well.

This is what we had
image.jpeg

Stems cut and off to the blender cutting it with vinegar until it became this

image.jpeg

Boil it down before adding pectin and sugar. Fill the jars and quickly can. We ran them with lids on venting to atmosphere (no rattler) for 10mins. This is a little over 1/2 the bounty.

image.jpeg

Dee-lectible!!!!

I can think of other uses besides with cream cheese and crackers like: generously spooned over seared TUNA, adding to BBQ sauce, etc. Chef Patrick could have a ball with this stuff!!!

Since he shared the recipe I will too. I'm sure there are others doing this but it's well worth the time. Obviously we exceeded the amounts shown below...
:cheers:

Low Sugar Hot Pepper Jelly

makes about 16 half pints

• 2-1/2 lbs. hot peppers, stemmed
• 16 cloves garlic, peeled
• 6 cups apple cider vinegar, divided
•6 cups white sugar
• 10 tbsp. BallTM brand low or no sugar needed pectin
• 16 half pint jars with lids and bands
• food coloring, as desired

Puree peppers, garlic, and 1⁄2 to 1 cup of vinegar in a blender (in batches if necessary, depending on blender capacity). The goal here is to add enough vinegar to create a pourable puree. Bring puree and remaining vinegar to a simmer in a large soup pot. Simmer for 30- 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, in a dry bowl, mix pectin with 1 cup sugar. After puree has simmered for 30-40 minutes and reduced slightly, add pectin/sugar mixture from bowl and thoroughly stir to dissolve. Increase heat and bring to a rapid boil that can’t be stirred down. Add remaining sugar to jelly mixture and return to a rapid boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove jelly from heat and skim off any foam (if desired). Stir food coloring into jelly if desired.

Quickly pour jelly into sterilized jars, leaving 1⁄4” of head space. Wipe the rim of the jars with a clean paper towel moistened with vinegar. Place lids onto jars and finger tighten bands to seal. Place jars in canner ensuring that
the lids are completely covered with water. Bring canner to a boil and process jars for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and allow canner cool for 15-20 minutes before removing jars from water. Allow jars to completely cool on a towel covered countertop (or at least until the lids seal).

Barracuda1

Master of None
Jul 7, 2011
All over this bitch!
Name
Fred
Boat
Defiance 220 EX (BARRACUDA II)
My wife is from Maryland and her family has a very similar recipe. I love this stuff! it has a multitude of uses. Thanks for sharing

Nick Rudnick

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 20, 2014
Edmonds
www.rudnickmfg.com
Name
Nick R
Boat
17' Aluminum Skiff
Make sure you wash your hands very well with diesel fuel or turpentine before fiddlin with the Mrs. I assure you this is not a mistake I ever want to repeat !! :shake:
You and I must know a common person or I know someone else that happened to.... I heard about that on a fishing trip.

Siv

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
I made some hot pepper brine for some pickled green beans last summer and that shit was like tear gas. I ended up finishing the cooking process on the deck. Even the dog was crying.

Did you wear a respirator for the boiling phase?

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Name
Steve
Boat
"Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
Love that stuff.
Of course it's great on crackers with cream cheese but try smoking that cream cheese first... Fucking amazing.

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Love that stuff.
Of course it's great on crackers with cream cheese but try smoking that cream cheese first... Fucking amazing.
Well sh&t, now I gotta makeshift a cold box off of the treager to accomplish that one!!!!!
JB had a thread on it. More to come.

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
May 21, 2006
Frazier Park
Name
Mikee
Boat
12' Klamath Aluminium, 14' Valco
This is on my "to Make" list and so is that ^^^^^^^^^^ OMG look delicious!

TY Gentleman!

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
Apparently winter has arrived up there.....

Reactions: nefarious235