People were out fishing Saturday and yesterday? Seriously?

Odin7

Doug Fir
Apr 19, 2008
Beverly Hills
Name
Elizabeth Warning
Boat
Space Shuttle
O.K., this didn't copy and paste well, but if you are used to looking at these, you will understand the numbers.

Were there really people fishing the last two days?

The numbers in red are fish caught. I find it hard to believe anyone was out there. On Saturday, I was looking at swells and pretty big wind waves as I drove over the Narrows. Yesterday, I was in the bunker eating dried cheese and reading back issues of MAD Magazine by the light of generator power while branches and trees came down around me.

Maybe the clay banks were quiet on the leeward side. I don't know. But the Narrows sure as hell weren't.

Were any of you out there?

Last 15 Days of Preliminary Creel Reports

February 18, 2018
Ramp/Site Catch
Area
# Interviews
(Boat or Shore)
Anglers Chinook
(per angler)
Coho Chum Pink Sockeye Lingcod Halibut
Narrows Park (aka Narrows Properties Park) 13 3 3 0 (0.00) 2 0 0 0 0 0
Point Defiance Boathouse 11 3 3 2 (0.67) 0 0 0 0 0 0
February 17, 2018
Ramp/Site Catch
Area
# Interviews
(Boat or Shore)
Anglers Chinook
(per angler)
Coho Chum Pink Sockeye Lingcod Halibut
Armeni Ramp 10 1 2 2 (1.00) 0 0 0 0 0 0
Point Defiance Boathouse 11 2 2 0 (0.00) 0 0 0 0 0 0
Port of Friday Harbor Marina, San Juan Is 7 1 2 0 (0.00) 0 0 0 0 0 0
Port Townsend Boat Haven Ramp 9 2 4 3 (0.75) 0 0 0 0 0 0

Waterdog~

Just one more
Sep 1, 2009
Hollywood
Name
Brian
Boat
Tiderunner
I keep my boat at narrows marina and the only thing that was going on down there was 0.0...........

WaveDancer

Fishing The Pacific Ocean & Puget Sound Since 1969
Aug 26, 2008
Kitsap/Westport, WA
Name
Ken
Boat
Prowling for a Cat
Come on now, we all know it's from from non-returned CRC's that they have to assign some kind of number to, I think they called it FUZZY math many years ago! :frehya2:

But really, the weather where I was at even chased 50+ foot crab boats back to the beach so I have no idea what ANYONE would be doing out in a 20 foot or so boat trying to fish much less do anything else.

WD.

Reactions: Odin7

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
Narrows park is a shore fly fisherman access site. People fish there everyday and catch immature coho.
You ever try swinging a fly in 20-30 mph winds?

Odin7

Doug Fir
Apr 19, 2008
Beverly Hills
Name
Elizabeth Warning
Boat
Space Shuttle
Narrows park is a shore fly fisherman access site. People fish there everyday and catch immature coho.
I have fished it myself and caught plenty of silvers there in the fall. If anyone was fishing it on Sunday, they must have been electrical linemen because they weren't fixing wires until the evening because it was too dangerous during the day. I looked at it from the Narrows on Saturday and saw swells and high wind waves pushing through. And I am supposed to believe fly fishermen were out there catching/keeping silvers?

Also, take a look at February 16. Does anyone believe a legal chinook was caught from the beach in MA13 that day?

Go through the tables and tell me if anything else jumps out at you.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/creel/puget/

Last edited:

Brosiedon

2525 kingfisher offshore
Aug 25, 2013
Oak Harbor, W.A.
Name
Cory
Boat
Brynliana.
I was out of Cornet and it was really cold and Nasty out. Fished Thatcher pass to hide from the wind as best we could. Ended up being a day for a boat cruise and not much luck fishing. Worst weather I have been in a boat outside of a ship. Couldn't be happier with how my boat handled it in the chop and wind waves. Small craft advisory and she went right through it. I was warm in the cabin and the guys I took out fishing were giving it hell but couldn't get nothing to hit.

FishPimpII

Shopping for a boat...
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Name
Jeff Nelson
Boat
Deckhand of "JuiceboxII" And soon to be captain of fishpimpiii
Well one guy did die in MA 5 over the weekend in a 15' boat.
That’s terrible.
Best as I can tell nothing is open fishing wise in area 5? Any further info on why someone was out in that mess in a 15 foot boat?

TonyG

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
Nope. Did go out Friday for the opener and we get 2 keeper BM. Skipped the breeze on Sat/Sun.

sgwill122

Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
That’s terrible.
Best as I can tell nothing is open fishing wise in area 5? Any further info on why someone was out in that mess in a 15 foot boat?
It was a guy and his girlfriend in a paddle boat which does not sound like a fishing expedition. The guy was wearing waders and neither had life jackets. I would guess the weather was not nasty when they set out. Either way very sad.

http://komonews.com/news/local/1-dead-one-in-critical-condition-after-paddle-boat-capsizes-in-burien

gfakkema

Certified D.I.N.K. (Dual Income No Kids)
Sep 25, 2014
Auburn, Wa
Name
Gregg
Boat
22' Arima Sea Legend
It was a guy and his girlfriend in a paddle boat which does not sound like a fishing expedition. The guy was wearing waders and neither had life jackets. I would guess the weather was not nasty when they set out. Either way very sad.

http://komonews.com/news/local/1-dead-one-in-critical-condition-after-paddle-boat-capsizes-in-burien
That one is from back on January 28th. This is an article that references the one in MA5. Both very sad indeed....

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/n...izes-near-deep-creek-woman-makes-it-to-shore/

BugeaterInWa

Fear the Corn
Aug 10, 2008
Kitsap WA
Name
Matt
Boat
Boulton

Shitass, this is a totally different story with almost same result. In the story I'm referring to the male had hip waders on and the girlfriend did not. She was able to make it to shore, he was not. She had minor cold issues and was treated on scene.

sgwill122

Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
Shitass, this is a totally different story with almost same result. In the story I'm referring to the male had hip waders on and the girlfriend did not. She was able to make it to shore, he was not. She had minor cold issues and was treated on scene.
That is crazy...