Penn Low Profile Fathom 400 (Baitcaster) Power Handles?

EuroDriver

Jul 29, 2020
San Diego, CA
Name
Nathan Aguilar
Boat
Charters
I bought this on a whim as my fist baitcaster reel. All I know about them is that I bought it Monday and on Tuesday I landed a 20lb YT on it on a day trip using a coltsniper and now I love this thing.

Only issue with it is the handle. I got the FTH400LP which comes with a double-knobbed handle. The FTH400LPHS (the high-speed model) comes with a "power handle" which appears to be the same, except it has a single knob.

Question is, is it the same dimensions or is it lager?

I'd also like your thoughts on the best power handle for it. I have read that several handles for the Abu reels will fit but since I know nothing else about baitcasters, can you give some more specific info on what I should be looking for?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

jonrx7

I like girls, boos and fishing. Simple life.
  • Apr 21, 2008
    Torrance and Garden Grove
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    Not yet
    Hope this helps. CW handle is the top, bottom is the power handle with a after market knob for better balance..

IMG_7045.JPG

IMG_7039.JPG

Upvote 0

jowo

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 9, 2004
    Woodland Hills
    Name
    Johnny
    Boat
    Sold
    The shaft size on those makes it difficult. Almost all other reels have a 5x8mm shaft, that one is 8x8mm. The Abu Revo Toro Beasts have the same shaft, if you can find any handles for those. I think they're made in the same place in Korea.

Reactions: EuroDriver
    Upvote 0

jonrx7

I like girls, boos and fishing. Simple life.
  • Apr 21, 2008
    Torrance and Garden Grove
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    Not yet
    CW means counter weight handle. I was asked to make 5 of these power handles for for the Jigging guys in Australia. they also wanted to see the crank length differential and mounting. It just so happens you had the same issue.

JT

Last edited:
    Reactions: EuroDriver
    Upvote 0