Limited to 25 passengers
$460 includes Food and Mexican Permits
California Fishing License "May" be required
Bring your own pillow, bedding, and face mask
Drawing for a PENN 2-speed reel and other prizes
PENN 2-speed "demo" rigs available
For reservations: Contact Point Loma Sportfishing
https://www.pointlomasportfishing.com/schedules.php?page=5&boat_filter[]=181

Also, please follow the link to our PENN Fishing University Facebook page, then give it a "Like" and "Follow":

(4) PENN Fishing University | Facebook

Upvote 0

MannyOjai

Almost A Member
May 28, 2019
Oakview
Name
Manny Molina
Boat
SandWish
im in .. 3 spots left have not fished that boat since early 2000's in the days of the Albacore runs . My first tuna on that boat remember eating the heart

Reactions: Tugboat64
Upvote 0

tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
One spot left!

Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
This trip is now FULL; see you there!

Upvote 0

MannyOjai

Almost A Member
May 28, 2019
Oakview
Name
Manny Molina
Boat
SandWish
I’m guessing your list of five rods to bring on a 1.5 day from the past still applies? Tons of time to gear up.

Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
I’m guessing your list of five rods to bring on a 1.5 day from the past still applies? Tons of time to gear up.

Ha-Ha, well, it will be awhile before Oct. 27, but if the bigger [200-plus pound] tuna show up with regularity again this year, the 5-rig set should be perfect.
If they revert back to where a 100-pounder is considered big, and the absolute biggest of the year is maybe 150 pounds, you can do without the 16VISX with 80/100.
In that case, it would just be 4-rig "must have" set.

Upvote 0

MannyOjai

Almost A Member
May 28, 2019
Oakview
Name
Manny Molina
Boat
SandWish
any chance you will have any of the new Carnage heavy rail rods to try out?? i wanted to match one to my penn fathom 60 with 80 lb top shot Which model would be a good fit for that? thanks Manny

Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
any chance you will have any of the new Carnage heavy rail rods to try out?? i wanted to match one to my penn fathom 60 with 80 lb top shot Which model would be a good fit for that? thanks Manny

Due to the well-known challenges of getting fishing tackle this year, I still have only my field-test models [one of each], but I will definitely be bringing them.
I normally have the 60-100 model set up as a loaner with a TRQ60LD2 on it.
Shoot me a PM about a week before the trip; with luck I will have a couple more, but you would be welcome to put your own reel on it if you want to.

Upvote 0

MannyOjai

Almost A Member
May 28, 2019
Oakview
Name
Manny Molina
Boat
SandWish
supply is tight for sure, its like that everywhere, no worries i had fathom 60 blue printed at Cals and had the Tiburon power handle put on . wanted to try it as my 80 set on the rod you mentioned i will ping as we get closer.. if it works out great, if not no worries

Upvote 0

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
The boat may be old and slow, But you would never guess it's age along with being low to the water and the boat is a fish magnet with GREAT CAPTAINS. The food is Outstanding with a reasonable price.
WORD!!

Fished the NLA over 40 years. It may not have all the latest comfort amenities we've seen on some of others over the last decade or so but wide and low make it a great fishing platform.
Markus and his crew have proven themselves to be top drawer fish catchers and carry on the NLA legacy well.

Upvote 0

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    WORD!!

Fished the NLA over 40 years. It may not have all the latest comfort amenities we've seen on some of others over the last decade or so but wide and low make it a great fishing platform.
    Markus and his crew have proven themselves to be top drawer fish catchers and carry on the NLA legacy well.
    Marcus really turned that operation around when he purchased the boat, The boat is always spotless including the bunk room. There always keeping the deck/boat works, galley and heads extremely clean throughout the day when your fishing (Just like the long range boats do). Their food is also above and beyond other boats in it's class. I normally don't fish 1.5 day trips, but when some friends want to go for a quick run, The New Lo-An is the boat of choice if none of the Long Range Boats have a 1.5 day trip available. I love that boat for it being wide and low to the water and with Marcus as the owner. But I still miss the Q 105.

Upvote 0

sickcat

Silverback
    Aug 5, 2003
    LA
    Name
    Kerry
    Boat
    Yellow spot
    Marcus really turned that operation around when he purchased the boat, The boat is always spotless including the bunk room. There always keeping the deck/boat works, galley and heads extremely clean throughout the day when your fishing (Just like the long range boats do). Their food is also above and beyond other boats in it's class. I normally don't fish 1.5 day trips, but when some friends want to go for a quick run, The New Lo-An is the boat of choice if none of the Long Range Boats have a 1.5 day trip available. I love that boat for it being wide and low to the water and with Marcus as the owner. But I still miss the Q 105.
    In my comment that the NLA didn't have the amenities some boats do I in no way meant that it isn't a very clean and comfortable ride. It absolutely is. It was more a comment about the current level available for 1-2 day trips. I don't ever recall so many long range boats fishing "locally".

Again Markus and crew run a great operation in every way. As you say food is great and the boat is spotless.

I have been on a couple of the long range boats and certainly they are great. No doubt a lot of people miss the Q-105 - you hear it a lot. For the overnight to the 1 3/4 day stuff 1st choice for me is the NLA. Partially because it is a great platform that I have ridden a long time sure. What really seals the deal is the determination and style that they have with hunting down the fish and putting them on the boat. They get it done.

Reactions: kevina
    Upvote 0