CatalinaYT

Apr 12, 2020
Marina del Rey
Name
Dawson Garland
Boat
Reel Deal
Hi,
This is gonna sound real stupid but I just got my first tuna setup and I got a deckhand rod and a penn fathom 25. The reel clamp looks like it will work so I do not need to get an aftermarket one. The only problem is that I do not know how to setup the provided reel clamp, I attached this picture to show what was included but I just have no idea what order things go in.
Thank you

IMG_0003 (1).jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Upvote 0

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Screws go thru the bottom of the reel under the spool. The nuts the go on the outside of the reel to snug the screws to the reel. Then the bigger long nuts to hold on the clamp onton the rod

Upvote 0

mutu0069

CEO of my own Domain
  • Oct 7, 2006
    los alamitos
    Name
    brian
    Boat
    whatever floats
    do you use grease or anti seize? and how hard do you tighten down.
    No need for grease or anti seize. Just make them snug. Don’t over tighten the clamp onto the rod. You don’t want to risk crushing the blank. Put a piece of heat shrink or electrical tape where you’re going to mount the reel to build up that area of pressure.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

CatalinaYT

Apr 12, 2020
    Marina del Rey
    Name
    Dawson Garland
    Boat
    Reel Deal
    No need for grease or anti seize. Just make them snug. Don’t over tighten the clamp onto the rod. You don’t want to risk crushing the blank. Put a piece of heat shrink or electrical tape where you’re going to mount the reel to build up that area of pressure.
    Big help, thank god for this site

Upvote 0