tunanorth

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
OK, the 40N is a larger reel than the 30, and has more drag also.
You should be fine for fish up to the 150 pound grade with that reel; though you should still wait to hear the skipper's instructions regarding topshot configuration.
The Shogun and AA are heading out this week on 8-dayers, and I am sure he will be closely watching how the fish react.

heatmiser

Gear Whore
Oct 1, 2007
San Diego
Name
Jeff
Boat
23' Chris Craft Sea Hawk
Hi everyone. I just booked the last two spots for this trip. It will be myself and my 13 year old son Derek. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and having a great time on the water. As for gear, here is what I am thinking about bringing so let me know if I am on the right track:

• 20/25lb live bait
  • 30lb live bait
  • 40lb live bait
  • 50lb live bait
  • 80lb live bait (and dropper loop)
  • 40lb surface iron
  • 40lb yoyo iron

Does this sound like I have all my bases covered for this trip? Time to stock up on some fresh flourocarbon and start packing!

See you in a week! - Jeff

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Hi everyone. I just booked the last two spots for this trip. It will be myself and my 13 year old son Derek. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and having a great time on the water. As for gear, here is what I am thinking about bringing so let me know if I am on the right track:

• 20/25lb live bait
  • 30lb live bait
  • 40lb live bait
  • 50lb live bait
  • 80lb live bait (and dropper loop)
  • 40lb surface iron
  • 40lb yoyo iron

Does this sound like I have all my bases covered for this trip? Time to stock up on some fresh flourocarbon and start packing!

See you in a week! - Jeff

Looks like an excellent lineup.
If your gear can handle it, in some cases you may prefer having 50-pound on the yo-yo iron combo, but 40 is really just fine.
BTW, each angler will get a 25-yard spool of 40-pound Berkley Pro-Spec Fluorocarbon in their "goody bag".

heatmiser

Gear Whore
Oct 1, 2007
San Diego
Name
Jeff
Boat
23' Chris Craft Sea Hawk
Great trip!!! Derek and I had a blast. Thanks Steve for bringing all the great Penn gear. You have sold both Derek and I on the Torque's for sure. Great reels!!!

NavyBoi

MARSMISSION
Jul 20, 2005
South Bay
Name
Lawrence
Boat
MOO BOATS!!
Hey Steve awesome trip great fishing with you Jeff and your son Derek...boomer trip! Can't wait till next year guys

Jalos11

Sep 5, 2011
West Covina, California
Name
Javier
Boat
Shogun
Yes Steve, thanx a lot was a great trip with all your loaner equipment and all the great prizes, im sure we all had a great time making new friends and having an epic fishing trip on the Shogun, tnxs to aron, bryan, tyler, Jordan, Charlie and the rest of the crew for an exceptional trip.....

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Excellent trip!
It was great being out on the water with all of you, and hope you can make next year's excursion aboard the Shogun!

NavyBoi

MARSMISSION
Jul 20, 2005
South Bay
Name
Lawrence
Boat
MOO BOATS!!
Hey Steve is there a site where we can see the pics u took of the trip?

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Congratulations to Jackpot winner Craig Drummond, who took home a new Penn International 12VSX reel and a nice tuna plaque for his already full trophy room.

JP Steve.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Tinamac

Jun 27, 2013
Napa Ca
Name
Tina Crow
Boat
NONE
Great meeting you Steve you truly are a wealth of knowledge and greatly appreciated all the time and enthusiasm you gave on the trip !!!

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Great meeting you Steve you truly are a wealth of knowledge and greatly appreciated all the time and enthusiasm you gave on the trip !!!

It was great fishing with you aboard the Shogun, and please check out your photo down in the "San Diego Long Range" forum. You are definitely a member of "Bloody Decks" now!

inshore

Sep 3, 2009
Orange County, Ca, USA
Name
Jim
Boat
Sold it
This had to be one of the best trips I have ever been on. I am going to try to make next years Penn trip. Thank you Steve for the great prizes and a chance to use the Penn gear.

Jalos11

Sep 5, 2011
West Covina, California
Name
Javier
Boat
Shogun
Steve I have a few friends who are surprised of all the tuna I brought back from this trip and now they are willing to join me on the Penn june charter of 2014

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Stay tuned for information about the 2014 Penn excursion aboard the Shogun!

flamekeeper

1-SOZO
May 5, 2007
Oldham Co, Ky
Name
Kenneth Price
Boat
CatCaller 15'6" TideCraft.
I wanna go I wanna go, :hali_parkutuli: Man that would be a dream of a lifetime coming true. If I ever get a chance in the near future I will take you guys up on one of these trips.. Busted up back Last feb and cannot even sit long enough to wrap a rod,,and only the wifes income cuts me out of everything.. May the Lord be with you all as you go killem...maybe next year or 2 .. SORRY about posting this so late,,,But the feeling are still the same..

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
I wanna go I wanna go, :hali_parkutuli: Man that would be a dream of a lifetime coming true. If I ever get a chance in the near future I will take you guys up on one of these trips.. Busted up back Last feb and cannot even sit long enough to wrap a rod,,and only the wifes income cuts me out of everything.. May the Lord be with you all as you go killem...maybe next year or 2 .. SORRY about posting this so late,,,But the feeling are still the same..

It would be great to have you; and the extended time frame takes the "hurry" out of each day's fishing. You can do it at your own pace [be careful though, the food is easy to eat way too much of!]