tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
PENN 7-day trip aboard the Shogun, December 4-11, 2020.
26 passengers, $2695 [plus required additional Visa, Mexican permit].
Lots of prizes, including a PENN 2-speed for the jackpot winner.
Passport required.
Contact Shogun office for deposit and reservation information.
https://www.shogunsportfishing.com/

Please "Like" and "Follow" our "PENN Fishing University" Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pennfishinguniversity/

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatPack and jerryl
Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
A typical yellowfin tuna from the 2019 trip.

Karl 15LD2.JPG

Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Only 5 spots left!

Upvote 0

Tedward2020

Autistic fisherman
Apr 5, 2020
Greensboro North Carolina
Name
Ted Allegranza
Boat
None
is it worth it to buy a water sealed luggage bag for the longe range trips if it’s going to be a yearly or bi yearly trip? Looking at the yeti panga 100 any thoughts?

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2019
La Jolla
Name
Pinhead
Boat
Sporties
is it worth it to buy a water sealed luggage bag for the longe range trips if it’s going to be a yearly or bi yearly trip? Looking at the yeti panga 100 any thoughts?
well your clothes are going to be in your room downstairs... no reason a small duffel bag wouldn;t work. It's all I'd ever use

Upvote 0

fujirose

Jan 17, 2009
Roseville, CA
Name
Jim Fujitani
Boat
21' Seaswirl
Check the "shogunsportfishing.com" website. Click "Trips" at the top of the page. There will be a drop down menu, select "Recommended Tackle". The next screen offers selections, click "Four to eight days" "More Information". It should include rods, reels, tackle, clothing, toiletries and incidentals.

All of the major landings and LR boats used to have a link to such a page. Some of the new-look websites don't have a way of supplying this info unless you search around. They all used to recommend soft duffle bags and no hard cases (except tackle box, if you use that instead of a soft tackle bag).

When you board the Shogun, just tell them that this is your first LR trip. You will soon realize that there are different people that have different duties (besides what may be covered during the "Safety Meeting"). All crew are there to help you have the best fishing trip you have ever experienced. And that you will want to comeback next year, with some of your friends from home.

Upvote 0

Eastcapedon

Almost A Member
Jul 1, 2008
San Jose California
Name
Donald
Boat
Independence
A waterproof duffle is nice as it sometimes drizzles/rains on boarding day, the bottom of the loading carts are wet or the deck is wet before you get your duffle into your stateroom.

Enjoy your trip!

Don

Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Ya any good cheap ones instead of yeti panga 100?

The "red shirts" who load the dock carts and the crew of the Shogun do a pretty good job, but it is true that a bit of drizzle can happen in December, and the boat's deck can also be wet.
The new rules to deal with Covid-19 "might" include passengers bringing their own bedding and pillow, that is the one thing I would want to protect completely from moisture.

Upvote 0

Tedward2020

Autistic fisherman
Apr 5, 2020
Name
Ted Allegranza
Boat
None
Anybody going on this trip know if it’s going to be 2 to a room? Load capacity? I’m single passenger so an update on load capacity for LR trip wud be helpful... thanks

Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Anybody going on this trip know if it’s going to be 2 to a room? Load capacity? I’m single passenger so an update on load capacity for LR trip wud be helpful... thanks

The Covid rules are likely to evolve substantially over the next several months.
Jen in the Shogun office will have the most up to date info regarding staterooms and other Covid-related rules, though for the next several weeks she will no doubt be scrambling to get things properly aligned for the summer trips that are now allowed to run.
Once a few of the longer trips [including our upcoming 8-day aboard Shogun leaving June 19] have worked the inevitable kinks out, give her a call.

Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Wud I need to bring some 80lb mono berkly triline line for this trip? I have a 3500yard spool... possibles topshots? Extra for people to use?

Wow, that's one of the "5 pound" bulk spools, those are huge.
No need to bring it, I will have some extra line, and the boat carries plenty.

Upvote 0

tom fowlks

tommy tuna
Apr 11, 2018
Los Angeles
tomfowlks.com
Name
tom fowlks
Boat
Shogun
and I took that last spot . . .
went on this trip last year, had an incredible time
the fishing was great, and a bit challenging for sure.
looking forward to repeating! seeing some familiar faces and enjoying some time on the water!

Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
and I took that last spot . . .
went on this trip last year, had an incredible time
the fishing was great, and a bit challenging for sure.
looking forward to repeating! seeing some familiar faces and enjoying some time on the water!

Great! See you there.

Reactions: tom fowlks
Upvote 0

tom fowlks

tommy tuna
Apr 11, 2018
Los Angeles
tomfowlks.com
Name
tom fowlks
Boat
Shogun
I’m sure I will !!!!! I don’t snore so if anybody wants to bunk up lol quiet sleep room...
Ted - assuming you're still on this trip and haven't swapped out for a 16 day-er
I am also a party of 1, so more than happy to be roommates
I will warn you that I snore, but have a gizmo for muffling that and you'll likely be so tired from fishing most of the time, you'll never even notice.

I usually take stateroom 9, right by the shower and a smooth ride, although sometimes a bit warm in there. hopefully they have adjusted the A/C in that one

if you've already got the roommate thing sorted, then I'll just look forward to fishing with you in about 2months!!
cheers
tom

Reactions: jer dog
Upvote 0

Tedward2020

Autistic fisherman
Apr 5, 2020
Name
Ted Allegranza
Boat
None
Ted - assuming you're still on this trip and haven't swapped out for a 16 day-er
I am also a party of 1, so more than happy to be roommates
I will warn you that I snore, but have a gizmo for muffling that and you'll likely be so tired from fishing most of the time, you'll never even notice.
Unfortunately im not gonna be on that trip have back issues right now !! Sucks I know not going till next summer or winter.... wish u all the best of luck and catch some giant!!! Hopefully going on rr3 next thanksgiving...
I usually take stateroom 9, right by the shower and a smooth ride, although sometimes a bit warm in there. hopefully they have adjusted the A/C in that one

if you've already got the roommate thing sorted, then I'll just look forward to fishing with you in about 2months!!
cheers
tom

Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
A couple of spots on this trip just opened up.
Give Jen in the Shogun office a call if you want to go!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.