I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Hi All,
Looking forward to seeing BD'ers aboard our 8-day PENN Fishing University trip aboard the American Angler, running October 14-22, 2015.
Possible targets will cover the fall variety spectrum, including yellowfin tuna, yellowtail, dorado, wahoo, and more; with the potential for heading out to Alijos.
I'll be aboard and giving out lots of prizes, including a PENN 2-speed for the jackpot winner.
Price $2600; 24 anglers- this trip sells out fast!
Passport Required.
Call Lori at the American Angler office [619-223-5414] to reserve a spot.
Link to American Angler website:
http://www.americananglersportfishing.com/

Last edited:

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Hi All,
Looking forward to seeing BD'ers aboard our 8-day PENN Fishing University trip aboard the American Angler, running October 14-22, 2015.
Possible targets will cover the fall variety spectrum, including yellowfin tuna, yellowtail, dorado, wahoo, and more; with the potential for heading out to Alijos.
I'll be aboard and giving out lots of prizes, including a PENN 2-speed for the jackpot winner.
Passport Required.
hay Steve check your date's looks like you want to leave A day early'
on the AA web site it show's you don't leave till the 15th' have A great trip I'm looking forward to your report's.

Reactions: middleofnowhere

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
hay Steve check your date's looks like you want to leave A day early'
on the AA web site it show's you don't leave till the 15th' have A great trip I'm looking forward to your report's.

This is for the "2015" trip, a year from now.
Technically, Lori won't take deposits on the 2015 trip until the 2014 trip returns, and the returnees are given a chance to re-up.

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Wow!
Only a couple of spots remain for this trip leaving in October of next year.
Call Lori in the AA office right away if you want to go.

Alaska4me

Sep 11, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Name
Rob Olson
Boat
16 Lund
hi ya Steve.
Ken and I are signed up for next year! I also reserved 2 additional sports, trying to get a couple of others from Bass Pro Shop here in Tacoma to come along.
Was the Fathom reel I was using a 20 size? I think it was and it was a great reel. I am going to get 2 of them for our next trip.
if you have never done a Penn trip with Steve you really should go.
See you next Oct. Doubt if I will make it to the Fred Hall show

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
hi ya Steve.
Ken and I are signed up for next year! I also reserved 2 additional sports, trying to get a couple of others from Bass Pro Shop here in Tacoma to come along.
Was the Fathom reel I was using a 20 size? I think it was and it was a great reel. I am going to get 2 of them for our next trip.
if you have never done a Penn trip with Steve you really should go.
See you next Oct. Doubt if I will make it to the Fred Hall show

Great that you and Ken will be out there again.
Were you using a combo set up with a 30 pound topshot, or a 40 pound topshot?
The ones with 30 were the FTH15LD2, and the ones with 40 were the FTH25NLD2.

Alaska4me

Sep 11, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Name
Rob Olson
Boat
16 Lund
Great that you and Ken will be out there again.
Were you using a combo set up with a 30 pound topshot, or a 40 pound topshot?
The ones with 30 were the FTH15LD2, and the ones with 40 were the FTH25NLD2.
Steve I am now the owner of 2 FTH25NLD2 reels. Can't wait to use them on our trip. Charkbait did me good on these, loaded with 50 pound braid for free, I love those guys there, and love the reels.
I am also the pround new owner of a 20 foot offshore Thunderjet, got all the whistles and beels I could find. More about it whe I see you

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Steve I am now the owner of 2 FTH25NLD2 reels. Can't wait to use them on our trip. Charkbait did me good on these, loaded with 50 pound braid for free, I love those guys there, and love the reels.
I am also the pround new owner of a 20 foot offshore Thunderjet, got all the whistles and beels I could find. More about it whe I see you

Great to hear it.
Of course you are going to have all of the albacore up there again this year, so those reels will be well broken-in by the time October rolls around.

Martini Time

Jan 16, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca. USA
Name
Bob Perkins
Boat
Not Decided Yet
Steve, Not going to be on the trip this year, moved up to the 14er on the AA in Dec.
Hove ever, a topic on gloves is up on the San Diego Long Range fishing site. As you are a glove guy, thought you could pass on what you use, gloves and where you can get them. I don't remember what you told me. Have been looking and nothing came to mind on what you were using.
Would love to fish the Penn trip again, one of the best sponsored trips I have been on, Thanks,
BoBP, Martini Time. Oh, been selling a lot of the Penn, When we can get them. I do love the Fathoms.

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Steve, Not going to be on the trip this year, moved up to the 14er on the AA in Dec.
Hove ever, a topic on gloves is up on the San Diego Long Range fishing site. As you are a glove guy, thought you could pass on what you use, gloves and where you can get them. I don't remember what you told me. Have been looking and nothing came to mind on what you were using.
Would love to fish the Penn trip again, one of the best sponsored trips I have been on, Thanks,
BoBP, Martini Time. Oh, been selling a lot of the Penn, When we can get them. I do love the Fathoms.

Best of luck on your December trip, will look forward to having you on a future excursion!
I chimed in a bit on that glove thread, and yes, the Fathoms have been an overwhelming success, I know they are getting the orders filled as fast as they can.

Alaska4me

Sep 11, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Name
Rob Olson
Boat
16 Lund
Steve, I am going crazy here in anticapation of our trip. Working full time here at Bass Pro Shops in Tacoma in the fishing department does nothing but get me pumped up about fishing.
Selling a lot of squall reels as well as Fathom reels for halibut season which opens up next month. Going to be a short season unfortunately.
Also read sardines are not an issue this year which is good news indeed.
Bought 2 new carnage rods to go with the fathom reels, definately will be my go to outfits on our trips.

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Just had a couple of spots open up for this trip.
Call Lori ASAP if you want to go, they will fill fast!

Bill Thomas

Jun 30, 2014
Name
Bill Thomas
Boat
Royal Polaris
Hi All,
Passport Required.
I will be there

Martini Time

Jan 16, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca. USA
Name
Bob Perkins
Boat
Not Decided Yet
Hi Steve, getting ready for my 14er and am adding a couple rod reel combos. Would like to know what rods you match up to the Fathoms. Would make a handy list for the customers at the shop also.
The Heavy stuff is covered, ( 80# and up) but who knows where the boat will be going in Dec. Or where the Fish will be at that time. This Season has been very different and great the for the industry.
Thanks.
BoBP

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Just talked to Lori 5 minutes ago, and a cancellation just popped up.
This trip usually sells out 10 or more months in advance, so call Lori right away if you want to go!

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Just talked to Lori 5 minutes ago, and a cancellation just popped up.
This trip usually sells out 10 or more months in advance, so call Lori right away if you want to go!
Well, if you put this opportunity together with the following words from Tim Ekstrom, you have to ask yourself, "What am I waiting for?"

9/13/15 Not that we didn't or couldn't see it before, all the harbingers of a real deal “El Nino” were present long before this voyage, but what is happening now represents the 2015 event in full swing. Wahoo and beautiful grade dorado on kelps across a very broad zone – say around three or four hundred miles – are certainly the most obvious representatives, but many other tropical varieties such as whale sharks and manta rays, way north of their traditional haunts, are making the obvious that much more so. And the way it appears things right now are just really getting rolling. If I were an angler on upcoming voyages, and that goes for voyages all the way through October, November, and December, I'd be feeling pretty good about it. Anything from an abbreviated run through a longer trip has real deal long range potential, as good as any I have ever seen.

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Spot still open!

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Full!

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Jeff wahoo 1 2015.JPG
Great trip as usual!
The 2016 version is very close to full, and I am waiting to hear from Lori to confirm it.
Congrats to Jeff Ingram of Oceanside on this very nice wahoo!

Reactions: TEAMFISH