Pedasi 7/25-7/30

Discussion in 'Central America Fishing Reports' started by offshore6, Aug 5, 2019.

1. offshore6

offshore6 Where's the tuna?

Name:
    Eric
    Boat:
    Boat Ho
    Just got back from six days fishing out of Pedasi, Panama with the lodge www.panafishing.com. This is a strictly jigging and popping operation. No trolling, no live bait. 2-3 fishermen per boat. The lodge is very comfortable, the meals were excellent, They do your laundry every day.
    Trip down from Orlando on Copa, one fisherman flew Business class and had no issues nor cost with rod tube with all of our rods in it.
    This is the wet season and we had light rain almost every day. The roosterfish were scarce - a couple caught on the three boats in our group. 15-25 lb. yellowfin were plentiful and great fun on poppers. I got the only wahoo, on a popper. Couple of jacks also on the popper.
    Jigging in 100 feet of water was more productive. The speed jig would get corvina and sierra mackerel. The slow jig (flat fall) would get small grouper and snapper. On our last day, I got an estimated 25 kilo Cubera on the slow jig and an estimated 40 kilo Goliath grouper also on the slow jjig - a great end to the trip.
    The operation there is first rate and, if you work at it, you will catch fish. Catching on artificials is very rewarding for me. DSC_0584.jpg DSC_0603.jpg

2. MinnesotaPhats

MinnesotaPhats Lover

Name:
    J. David LeCompte
    Boat:
    20' Triton
    Sounds like an awesome trip, congrats! I've been there twice (early Feb in '18, and late March this year), and can't wait to get back -- might aim for this time of year in 2020. Pierre and co. run an amazing operation there! Saludos!