hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
Aug 6, 2012
Valencia, CA
Name
Anthony Hicks
Boat
Good Deal
Caught this as we were throwing in the towel for the day cleaning our fish...
Not sure what it weighed. Really don't care, just glad we got one.

C-Bass.jpg

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
Good for u!

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
Feb 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Name
mike
Boat
'99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
Nice fish Tony...........I want one

Upvote 0

striper30

Nov 23, 2011
Brea, ca
Name
Jim
Boat
Precision 28
Very nice fish, congrats. Want to give a general location and some more detail and actually make this a helpful report or is this just a "look what I can do" post?
Ha- ha. Between Izor's and the North shoe -roughly (I was driving). We were drifting in about 12 fathoms and the water temp was about 65.8. It was caught on 30lb test on a dropper loop with double pinned live squid on a fancy hook. I had to leave early (kid got sick) and it was weighing on my mind. So, we stopped to clean our bass, sculpin, etc . I dumped the box of frozen squid out and we put out two rigs while we were busy cleaning fish and tidying up. Tony came up to help and the rod went off- he grabbed it and set the hook and it was game on. I reckon it's between 45 to 50 lbs. It was about 12pm-1pm I think. I am pretty sure all the bait I dumped in the water didn't hurt.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
Aug 6, 2012
Valencia, CA
Name
Anthony Hicks
Boat
Good Deal
Caught it on the way in from fishing izors reef. We literally weren't by any known fishing spots. Just sort of drifting a few miles outside of LB harbor. We had fished Izors all night but didnt get bit till we left that area lol. Caught him on a live squid dropper loop rig with 30lb floro.

Upvote 0

hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
Aug 6, 2012
Valencia, CA
Name
Anthony Hicks
Boat
Good Deal
Very nice fish, congrats. Want to give a general location and some more detail and actually make this a helpful report or is this just a "look what I can do" post?
After reading some of your posts, i dont think you really need any more help catching fish. You seem to be a pretty fishy guy.

Upvote 0