PB Barn Door....about time !!

bazzturd

I fish in the ocean, not the internet
Aug 7, 2008
Westminster, CA
Name
Brian
Boat
2005 Grady White Seafarer 228 (no name yet)
To the guys slumming DFG: None of us like limits or closures, but the truth is they do improve our fish stocks. You really don’t think the return of tanker WSB is just a happy coincidence, do you? Of course, the real problem is commercial overfishing, but that’s another conversation entirely...
Take a look at the commercial industry. That's what puts the hurt on the fishery. Regulating commercial fishing is mostly why we have a rebounding WSB population. Obviously along with recreational regs. The real damage was done by commercial just like halibut as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: ol' salt
Upvote 0

Cheeseburger Killer

Beloved Son
Mar 27, 2018
So Very Cal
Name
Kent
Boat
Selling It...
Of course, the commercial fishing industry needs to exist to feed the growing number of hungry mouths in the world. Just seems to me that often times the regulation occurs too late after a species has been severely decimated by the commercial take. Then we must deal with the knee-jerk overreaction required to try to fix the annihilation...

Upvote 0
Feb 28, 2016
sb
Name
Jose Caballero
Boat
"Reveille" 17' arima sea chaser
Hey Paul! Sorry I missed this report but BRAVO! Nicely done, and happy to see the new rig paying off. Stay on em, buddy, I’ll see you after summer!

Reactions: Carpfisher
Upvote 0

Carpfisher

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Jul 3, 2012
Carpinteria
Name
Paul
Boat
226 Cabo Cuddycon, 16' Bayrunner
Well, better lucky than good. Been out 4 times since then, twice to the same area for NADA. BB and the drift. Thats gonna change this weekend though. aaand, with bug time coming up, I may try hooping off the Cabo AND the skiff this year. Time for an avatar upgrade !!

Upvote 0