Not open for further replies.

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
This thread is keeping me entertained while I stand in mile long line at the DMV. Im hoping for exLurker to post his 7th thread

Upvote 0

TunaHore

World Champion Boat Ho
Jun 5, 2012
Island
Name
Tuck
Boat
Carolina Dory
Didn't mind the dark meat...tastes great IMO.

All I'm saying is the illicit killing of whales can ultimately effect the biodiversity of the ocean.

Period.

you are as big of a fucking asshat as the Sea Shepard douchebags. Your evidence is shit. you haven't provided any evidence that the current whaling fleet is causing the decrease of biodiversity. You've also not addressed how Sea Shepards acts of piracy are more effective than a legal battle within the International courts. you also haven't addressed how your reaction to someone throwing acid at you while catching trevally. I almost want to believe you are taking and keeping your stance just to instigate responses like mine. If you are just a provocateur, good job I applaud your effort. If you really believe that Sea Shepard is doing the right thing, I find it a shame that you are influencing the lives of children. As previously said, the ends do not justify the means.

on a side note, I'd like to extend a big fucking thank you to Matt. Seems to often it goes unsaid, that VOLUNTEERS like you make this world a safer place for the rest of us. I appreciate all of the men and women in uniform that provide us our safety and security.

Upvote 0

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
The Japanese are taking whales for "research" purposes not for their subsistence. Research in this case equals commercial gain.

I see no difference between the Japanese, an island nation surrounded by, uhhum,, an ocean, and Native harvests.

I am pretty sure the Japanese have been harvesting whales for a very long time. And the Native's can also go to a grocery store if they are so inclined, so take that argument home with you.

Funny that we lose sight of any other cultures history and tradition as long as it doesn't fit our "views".

Whatever, I got a :shithappens: to go take a picture of for Blackfish and Saluki :rofl:

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
BloodyDecks has been inflitrated by enviro-nazi's........

:shake:

what has the world come to?

:rofl:

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
There is nothing wrong with being passionate about the preservation of our ocean's resources. How would you feel if this was going on right off OUR coast? I've always believed that poeple who find themselves in dangerous situations are there for premeditated reasons. In this case, it was stepping foot on the Sea Shepherd to fight whaling. Extreme or not, nobody else is out there in the harsh elements standing up for those whales. Just sayin...
:hali_olutta:

You're an idiot. If the Japs want to eat whales let them. Wait until some homo tells you that you can't eat bacon.

Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
I believe the Japanese have a fundamental right to whale. As long as the resource is properly managed, human beings should be allowed to harvest whales, dolphins, cats, dogs or whatever.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
I'm surprised at the hostility of the comments towards the Sea Shepherd. These people are risking the lifes for the PRESERVATION of a very important player in the eco system of OUR world. the Japanese have found a loop hole where they can rape, plunder, and destroy thousands of whales and you call them pirates. Remember, elimination of one animal (namely, whales) in the predatory cycle of life has exponentiation and catastrophic effects in the ocean. The Japanese whalers or "researchers" as they have put it, have shown very little respect toward the subsistence of life in the ocean.

I always hear "catch and release" philosophies to ensure the reproductive growth and sustainability of our oceans. So,why the hostility toward the organization of people who are actually doing something and not just flapping their gums.

Other campaigns of the so mentioned "pirates" involve the fight against the eradication and exccesive take of the pelagic bluefin tuna in the Mediterranean Sea. Is that piracy as well? How would you like to see the extinction of them? So ask yourself this. How have I helped the Earth today?

How about helping yourself to a cup of homo?

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
We got purse seiners wrapping everything in Mexico right under our noses. I don't see the need to be half way around the World to find a cause.

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
You guys are making my time at DMV a enjoyable experience. Carry on.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
I believe the Japanese have a fundamental right to whale. As long as the resource is properly managed, human beings should be allowed to harvest whales, dolphins, cats, dogs or whatever.
Could I interest you in some Coyote jerky? :rofl:

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
They're fucking pirates. I've spent 11 years at sea. AT SEA. Not fishing. Not boating. Not joy riding watching sunsets. I've been to the Southern Ocean and it is not a place to have your ship disabled! The Sea Shepherd bozos need to be keel hauled!

You want to fight whaling in 2013? Fight it in the courts like a civilized nation should. There is no human atrocity in this fight. The methods used by those idiots are also employed by Somali and Western Pacific pirates. I've spent MONTHS on end at sea with my ass on the line dealing with pirates and it pisses me off to no fucking end see these idiots and their actions glamorized.

Fuck them.

Matt for President!!
Ali and Jason give this Man a raise.

Upvote 0

Smudge

Moderate
Mar 11, 2005
Hollywood, FL
www.sandiego-sportfishing.com
Name
Matt
Boat
I'm just a deckhand...
la vida said:
Ali and Jason give this Man a raise.

Yeah! TWO t-shirts AND a hat! lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prater

Almost A Member
Oct 16, 2007
lake havasu city, AZ
Name
michael
Boat
luhrs 30 open, "Arms Wide Open"
Remember, this was the 9th Circuit Court, probably one of the most liberal leaning courts in our country, and they didn't like what was happening. That really says something.

Upvote 0

drseiler

Super-Model
Mar 19, 2006
Camp North-Star
Name
Hal Danish or Harry Tators
Boat
19' Mako
Bottom line is these clowns are using harmfull tactics and they need to put in prison.

Upvote 0

Trayscool

Captain
Sep 26, 2008
Long Beach
www.skipjackmafia.com
Name
Travis
Boat
NO BOATS
I'm surprised at the hostility of the comments towards the Sea Shepherd. These people are risking the lifes for the PRESERVATION of a very important player in the eco system of OUR world. the Japanese have found a loop hole where they can rape, plunder, and destroy thousands of whales and you call them pirates. Remember, elimination of one animal (namely, whales) in the predatory cycle of life has exponentiation and catastrophic effects in the ocean. The Japanese whalers or "researchers" as they have put it, have shown very little respect toward the subsistence of life in the ocean.

I always hear "catch and release" philosophies to ensure the reproductive growth and sustainability of our oceans. So,why the hostility toward the organization of people who are actually doing something and not just flapping their gums.

Other campaigns of the so mentioned "pirates" involve the fight against the eradication and exccesive take of the pelagic bluefin tuna in the Mediterranean Sea. Is that piracy as well? How would you like to see the extinction of them? So ask yourself this. How have I helped the Earth today?

dodger fans, nuff said

Upvote 0

Aggro

Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
I just pissed in the backyard. You are welcome mother earth. Or, at least my crab grass liked it.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Ive always said people like this are the most dangerous.Theyll even tell you straight out that they would put thier own lives at stake to save these animals...wacko!

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Im kind of surprised at some of these comments.Yea screw the whales and whatever international laws there are to protect them.Lets just let Japan go ahead and take whatever they want from any ocean they want.You guys know damn well if that shit was going on in your back yard you would be against it.I like the fact that somebody is willing to fight for some sort of preservation of our oceans.Comparing them to pirates ? come on now.Why is it Japan cant hunt whales in their own backyard ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.