titos334

VIP Elite Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hell
Name
Kevin
Boat
Rainbow Surprise
Tired of long boring days offshore so decided to something fun for a change. Decided to hit up Cat with a friend for a day of bassin today 6/23. Left Dana at 5:20am for rough crossing, took about 2 1/2 hours to get to the zone and start fishing. Worked the whole east end backside in the skinny water. Right away my buddy hooked into 2 big bass, and then I got one and we kelp picking away at fish down the whole line. It was nice to see some kelp growing back in places that were barren a few months ago.

Once we got down to the Palisades, which hasn't produced in the shallows very well for me we saw some birds and ran up to them. I threw out a luckycraft 190 and started trolling, got hooked up right away. The Fury pulled up just in time to watch me farm it. Kept trolling for a little for nothing and back to bassin.

We kept picking away at the bass and landed some more nice fish. In total we landed 4 "nice ones" and a couple smaller but decent ones and the rest were pretty small. The Daiwa SP Minnow was today's champion. My trusty iron did not get much love for a change. We left the island around 2pm and had a nicer downhill drive back home.

My best for the day:

TitWd5f.jpg

My buddy showing me up:

OwJXz3Y.jpg

880Fers.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Toads. Im thinking of getting a selfy pole for holding up my catch while I get my picture taken.

Great job guys!

Upvote 0

Juny

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 15, 2010
San Diego
Name
Jorge Bee
Boat
15' Gregor
Sweet. Love the title.

Reactions: titos334
Upvote 0

socalwhiteboy

Almost A Member
Apr 29, 2008
Northridge
Name
James
Boat
16' lund
Right on bro. Been a toss up if I want to patch monkey it up or be a offshore pro this weekend. Time to break out the plastics. Good mix up from the offshore frustration.

Upvote 0

junkyardEd

Special Baiter Wizard
Nov 27, 2008
San Diego
Name
Ed
Boat
SOLD
Thanks for the report and great pics of the fish. How come no pics of the patches ? :confused:

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Is that chumlee?LOL
Whats up in the third pic...guys ass is hangin in the wind.

Upvote 0

titos334

VIP Elite Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hell
Name
Kevin
Boat
Rainbow Surprise
Thanks for the report and great pics of the fish. How come no pics of the patches ? :confused:

I haven't earned my first patch yet. My friend has a patch or two I think so does that count?

Is that chumlee?LOL
Whats up in the third pic...guys ass is hangin in the wind.

Yeah you found me, took a break from Vegas it was getting a little too much to handle. I told my friend you were into man ass so he obliged and decided to show a little skin for you :gay:

Upvote 0