Paul Ward

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 17, 2007
Costa Mesa
Name
wooddog
Boat
Boaty
Been biting my nails waiting for the mail man to bring something besides bills. Passport got dropped in my box 10 min ago. Mahi tournament in loredo starting Sunday.. Was thinking of driving down Saturday morning after I get off the Aztec Friday night. ILL post a report from both trips next week.. work will have to wait!

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Out of curiousity was it a new passport or a renewal?How long did you wait?
    I just sent mine and my wifes in for renewal by mail today and the postmaster told me to expect it sometime early next year!LOL.
    I guess since you have to include your passport with the renewal paperwork i wont be fishing out of anywhere that requires a passport this year.

Upvote 0

slcbcsmx19

Sep 20, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Erick Thacker
    Boat
    Big
    I just sent mine and my wifes in for renewal by mail today and the postmaster told me to expect it sometime early next year!LOL.
    I guess since you have to include your passport with the renewal paperwork i wont be fishing out of anywhere that requires a passport this year.
    I've heard if you call the landings they can provide a request to expedite your passport, just say your going on a trip into mexican waters and you can get it within a couple days. I've never done it, but have heard it a couple times from different sources while on overnight trips.

Upvote 0

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    She said even if you do the expedited thing for 60 bucks more its at least 16-18 weeks right now due to covid.She said you can do it in person a few places but expect LONG lines,Also said alot of scammers are charging people for expedited service but its the same as sending it in expedited yourself.
    Not sure about any of this,just repeating what the postmaster told me.

D
    Dbado1
    Mine took 5 weeks expedited. That was in April.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
  • Mar 2, 2010
    SoCal
    Name
    Rocket Dog
    Boat
    passenger again
    Hope this is true,
    I've heard if you call the landings they can provide a request to expedite your passport, just say your going on a trip into mexican waters and you can get it within a couple days. I've never done it, but have heard it a couple times from different sources while on overnight trips.

Upvote 0

Paul Ward

Jul 17, 2007
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    wooddog
    Boat
    Boaty
    It was a renewal application sent 5 weeks ago. I hear the wait is getting longer and longer. I feel lucky I'm able to fly down . Long drive down there. 800 miles. Longer drive back home all burt out.

Kman

Apr 7, 2003
    So Cal
    Name
    Kurt
    Boat
    Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
    It was on the news last week—passport renewals requested now might happen in November.

Upvote 0

short-range

Independence
    Jan 3, 2010
    Thousand Oaks
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Independence
    I just renewed both my card and paper passport took 6 weeks.
    You can also check passportstatus.state.gov and sign up for email updates.

Upvote 0

short-range

Independence
    Jan 3, 2010
    Thousand Oaks
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Independence
    She said even if you do the expedited thing for 60 bucks more its at least 16-18 weeks right now due to covid.She said you can do it in person a few places but expect LONG lines,Also said alot of scammers are charging people for expedited service but its the same as sending it in expedited yourself.
    Not sure about any of this,just repeating what the postmaster told me.
    I paid to expedite took 6 weeks I got mine on Monday

Reactions: marlyn and Cubeye
    Upvote 0

gtsukada

Apr 3, 2007
    Mission Viejo
    Name
    . . .
    Boat
    none
    Went in for renewal today, was told to expect up to 18 weeks. 12 weeks if you want to pay extra and expedite the request. Let's hope it takes less, as mentioned in the post above.

Upvote 0

dploc

Jul 14, 2007
    dp
    Name
    chris
    Boat
    Amberjack
    Mine expired and 3 months ago I got new ones for my whole fam of 5 along with 2 cards for adults in 5-6 weeks. Hassle free. Go online and you can make reservations at local post office. Very easy.

Reactions: Cubeye
    Upvote 0

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    Just showed on the news this morning hundreds of people lined up at the state dept in los angeles for passports.

2NAKLR

Almost A Member
    Feb 28, 2006
    SC
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    21' Parker - "Kingpin"
    Just got my renewed passport yesterday. Sent in late April, acknowledged receipt by US Dept State May 7th. Followed status on https://passportstatus.state.gov/. Got an update stating approved, Passport arrived next day and Card arrived today.

Reactions: Cubeye
    Upvote 0

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    I mailed ours friday and they received them monday the 26th,Ill try to remember to update this when i receive them.We did not do the $60 expedite,just went normal so we'll see how we do!

Upvote 0

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    OK i saw they cashed my checks yesterday after they received them monday the 26th so 14 days from receiving them,ill report back when we get an email or receive the passports but not too bad so far!

Upvote 0

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    Lining up is for the birds! Or those who can't plan ahead.
    It was my fault it expired I just wasnt paying attention but luckily i could still just renew by sending the forms with the passports and new pictures.
    1628633161800.png

Upvote 0

Mikeg45

Jun 23, 2016
    Lakeside
    Name
    Mike Gonzales
    Boat
    Parker 18CC
    The wife and I sent in our passports to get renewed in May and it took 12 weeks just like the website says. But we got them. Oh yeah we did not expedite.
    Funny thing our friends who have never had a passport ever applied and got them in 3 weeks! BS!!!

Upvote 0