For Sale Parting out Skipjack 28 (1975)

Discussion in 'Fishing Boats For Sale Classified Ads' started by bwano, Apr 2, 2018.

1. bwano

bwano Newbie

Name:
    Firebaugh John
    Boat:
    Ravenswing, '91 Wilson 26' Dive boat, and Dirty Girl 28' Skipjack
    Parting out my partially restored Skipjack 28 Vintage 1975. Going to buy a smaller boat more suited to my needs. If someone wants the boat, trailer, engines outdrives, functional boat, will take 7k, but trailer might sell quickly. The Hull still has some blisters, that I hadn't gotten to fixing. I already resolved blisters on the transom and topsides down to the bottom.

Trailer sold in 2018

Pair matching SBC 400 V8 engines with low hours, recent Pertronix ignition, wires, coils. $1500 each; still in boat. both RH rotation set up for 280 outdrives. Engines have the cast Aluminum Valve covers, and Rochester quadrajets. Engines still in boat, and can run them for interested party. Cannot do a sea trial, the trailer is no longer under boat. $1500 each

Pair matching 280 single Screw outdrives with NEW propellers including Transom shields and Y pipes. . One was new in box, so it is worth considerable more than asking price. The other was completely refurbished by Kozwell in Costa Mesa for $2800, including new clutch cones. Neither outdrive has more than 20 hours on it. The new outdrive, complete with Transom shields $2000, the rebuilt outdrive, $1500 or take $3000 for the pair.

I'm up in Humboldt County Arcata GOPR0038 copy 3.JPG 10330477_10204635357551900_6143912563568793233_n.jpg GOPR0133.JPG IMG_4496.JPG 965768_6611d6b8ccf6dde91ed698acac26ec54 copy.jpg GOPR0038 copy 3.JPG 10330477_10204635357551900_6143912563568793233_n.jpg GOPR0133.JPG IMG_4496.JPG 965768_6611d6b8ccf6dde91ed698acac26ec54 copy.jpg IMG_1127 copy.JPG

John 510-220-1356 IMG_8636.jpg IMG_8633.jpg IMG_8639.jpg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. alc plumbing

alc plumbing Newbie

Name:
    Alex
    Boat:
    Hook n book
    Do you have any pics of inside and fuel burn I'm interested in possibly buying the whole thing

3. dwr@c

[email protected] Member

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    28 Farallon HOOKED
    7k for everything sounds like a great buy !

4. murderNmako

murderNmako Capitan

Name:
    Bryan
    Boat:
    24 skipjack
  5. bwano

bwano Newbie

Name:
    Firebaugh John
    Boat:
    I don't know what fuel burn is. I just put a new , dual Floscan on it, but didn't run the boat afterwards. I assume it is 1 mpg. The interior is the typical 28 in nice to fair condition. I have already removed a lot of things, such as Electronics, Stereo, Pacific Bait Tank, Radar and Arch, life raft. . The SS stove is like new, Galley Fridge still works, Galley water system in head and Galley work perfect. Anchor winch still on. I hadn't really expected any So Cal guys to be interested in the Whole boat, more the trailer. As there are many 28 Skipjacks that are unsold for long periods of time in Cali.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61c.jpg IMG_5155.JPG IMG_4921.jpg IMG_5155.JPG UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_97d.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6c0.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7d1.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

repo805 likes this.
  6. polfishski

polfishski Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Tom
    Boat:
    20 SkipJack (Tail Chaser)
    I followed your build of the pilot house and transom repair. Sad to see you sell I still haven’t got around to installing the transom housing I bought from you. Boat looks great good luck with the sale.

7. bwano

bwano Newbie

Name:
    Firebaugh John
    Boat:
    Oh yeah. Heartbreaking, actually. Selling my Arima 17 also, but getting a '91 Wilson 26, to move the goods over to. The 28 would have been something to use locally, down in San Diego, but up here, I need something longer than the Arima 17, and shorter than the 28. I drive from Arcata to Fort Bragg, 150 miles for most of my diving and fishing. The 28 would have sat on Craig's for a year before finding a buyer.

8. alc plumbing

alc plumbing Newbie

Name:
    Alex
    Boat:
    Hook n book
    My wife wants to know does it have a shower and how hard would it be to get back on the trailer

9. alc plumbing

alc plumbing Newbie

Name:
    Alex
    Boat:
    Hook n book
    Also curious would you take 5k for trailer and hull no motors or outdrives I have a diesel I was going to repower my seaway with

10. bwano

bwano Newbie

Name:
    Firebaugh John
    Boat:
    PM me, I can put her back on the Trailer in a matter of hours, but would not do with out sale first, 6k, for boat and trailer would work. I can remove both engines in a weekend. There is no shower or toilet in the head, but no reason you couldn't plumb one. The original toilet was a self contained Porta Potty with a Formaldehyde 5 gallon tank. It was an absolute nightmare, and long gone. They were using such abominations on Airlines, back in the 70's. It was originally plumbed to the deck topside clean out cap. The only holding waste tank, was as I said, in the porta potty. So there is no holding tank, but plenty of space under the bunk for one.
    The head is clean and nice inside and the original Teak door has been restored, like new. The hot/cold water and overboard grey water drain all work in the head. There is a 30 gallon fresh water holding tank in the engine room, for the pressurized Galley water system.

For 6k, would leave the Pro Fish anchor winch on boat and HD Hydraulic steering was over 2k. If you have a diesel, I would like to keep the new Floscan. it is for Gasoline. I could trade the Floscan for a Racor (like new) 500MA fuel filter with the clear bowl, as it is actually meant for Diesel.

There are blisters on the bottom, and I can't tell you how many; because the original black bottom paint is still on the bottom. They should not be a structural problem, but it would take a lot of work to jack up the boat off the trailer, sand blast or use a Gel Coat peeler, or RO sander to remove all the bottom paint, fix the blisters and put a barrier coat back on. A boat with outdrives should never have been left in the water for years, as this one was. This is why I hadn't gotten to the blisters on the bottom. As a trailer boat, it was not critical, and I hadn't really gotten use out of the boat, yet. I have been under employed for the last 4 years, and or using my Arima 17, principally. Just haven't had the resources or need to focus on the Skipjack.

11. InDeepShip

InDeepShip Ah ship

Name:
    Adam
    Boat:
    In my Dream's
    how much for the winch?

12. alc plumbing

alc plumbing Newbie

Name:
    Alex
    Boat:
    Hook n book
  13. bwano

bwano Newbie

Name:
    Firebaugh John
    Boat:
    Boat still for sale

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  14. InDeepShip

InDeepShip Ah ship

Name:
    Adam
    Boat:
    In my Dream's
    Id rather see this boat stay together then be parted out. Good luck with the sale. Shes a sweet boat

Windy Bay likes this.
  15. gunahound

gunahound Member

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    twisted anchor
    is the boat and trailer sold

16. bwano

bwano Newbie

Name:
    Firebaugh John
    Boat:
    The boat and trailer is still for sale. I will let the whole boat, trailer engines, etc outdrives, Pro Fish anchor winch, go for $6500. She is still a complete, working boat.

I did remove the water heater, and patched the hole where the 2" thru hull transducer was, with the original plug, epoxy resin and a fiberglass patch over the plug, in the inside.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  17. skillett

skillett Newbie

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25' Skipjack Sportsman
    I'm interested in the windlass, ground tackle and the bow sprit...

18. bandit

bandit Bandit

Name:
    Don
    Boat:
    25 ft. Skippy/ Flybridge
    How much for the pilot house complete....... Don

19. bwano

bwano Newbie

Name:
    Firebaugh John
    Boat:
    Complete boat still for sale. If the Trailer sells, then I am going to start parting out the Pilothouse, anchor winch, engines outdrives, etc. Want to keep boat complete, for a few more weeks to try to get whole boat sold.
    I really need the concrete pad, to put my next boat on.
    510-220-1356.

20. bandit

bandit Bandit

Name:
    Don
    Boat:
    25 ft. Skippy/ Flybridge
    I would be interested in 1 of the fresh water systems for one of the motors. Complete..... Don