Parking Davies Launch Ramp LB

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
I posted this in the SoCal Inshore/Islands section, but realized I might get feedback quicker in the chit Chat section this time of year.

I'm meeting a Skipper of a 30' boat at Davies Launch ramp in LB this saturday morning @5am to fish Catalina. Dont want to inconvenience him by having to pull the trailer around the block or into smaller lots in the area.

I believe you still cannot park trailerless autos in the Davies parking lot and I dont recall ever seeing one parked there. I checked the LB City websites, couldnt find good info.

I definitely dont trust the Gelsons, In-n-Out, or Whole Foods (used to be the Seaport Marina Hotel) parking lots.

Can you park in the shoping center where Claim Jumper, Trader Joes, and the Movie Theatres are without getting a ticket or towed? Is it too tight to have the Skipper manuver a big truck and a 30' boat through that parking lot. I'm thinking it should be pretty much empty at 4:30am, but that could make our vehicles easy target for towing for a contracted tow company. Those guys dont need anyone to call in on you like a store manager, they just systematically check contracted lots and tow if they find someone slippin.

We have two other guys meeting up and I would feel horrible if I got them ticketed/towed by having the Claim Jumper Plaza Lot be the meeting place.

Any advice or warnings for parking in that area is appreciated.

Thanks fellers!

Y Go Home

Wage Slave
Nov 1, 2005
Name
me
Boat
In the past, I would have folks park in the parking lots along E. Marina Dr. There is the new development across the street. Check the signs because I think after 8pm, your vehicle is subject to being impounded.

I tow a 24' boat and it isn''t difficult to manipulate the parking lot. We did it as recently as 4 months ago(weekday).

Reactions: SaltH20Angler

SaltH20Angler

Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
Why don't you just launch from a different boat ramp?
The main reason is because the boat ho meets where the Skipper says to. : )

We want to get bait from Nachos, it's closest ramp to all of us, and we like the washdown at Davies.

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
I would not park in the shopping center lot (TJs - Claim Jumper etc)

I do see single cars parked at Davies. - as long as your paid up you should be fine.

SaltH20Angler

Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
I would not park in the shopping center lot (TJs - Claim Jumper etc)

I do see single cars parked at Davies. - as long as your paid up you should be fine.
Never had an issue parking my car without a trailer at Davies.
Interesting... This might be the way to go and $12 is worth the piece of mind not to worry. I guess the key here is to stop and look for signs. If no signs prohibiting parking without trailers, then pay and park. At least I would have a fighting chance if I got a ticket.

Thank you @sickcat @fishboy93 @fishkilr @Y Go Home

Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
My buddy always parks at the Marina parking across the street. I just drive by and pick him up on the way to/from the ramp. you could walk if you don’t have too much to carry.

whammy

Hook Up!
Dec 18, 2005
Huntington Beach
Name
Chris
Boat
2200 XL Pathfinder
you will get a ticket at Davies if your car/truck is not attached to a trailer. With that said I parked there a couple months ago with no trailer and got lucky, but have gotten a ticket once. I think the ticket was $60 which again isn't too bad for peace of mind haha

SaltH20Angler

Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
“Parking restricted to vehicles launching watercraft only.”

View attachment 1117285
:appl::appl::appl:

Ok, well I think this seals the deal for me. Thank you for posting the pic @Croaker.Stroker

Big thanks to all of you for weighing in, all responses appreciated.

Now, I just hope to add "catching" to the day's goal of being on the water with some new friends. While it's not very likely, I hope Nacho might have squish that we can put in front of a WSB's nose.

Plannin on bringing a couple of snacks to give to Nacho (or his 1st mate thay day) and a bag of dog treats for his pup. Nacho has always been pretty good to me and only gave me $hit when I deserved it. LOL.

We are going to make some macks near the bait barge and use them to slow troll from spot to spot on the front side of Cat. It would be awesome to see some YT action but I'm thinking the best chance we are going to have is on the yo-yo if we can mark them in a little deeper water (80-120 ft or so).

Wish me luck!! I'll post a report (first one of 2020) to let you know how it went. Thank you again!!

Tight Lines!

SaltH20Angler

Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
you will get a ticket at Davies if your car/truck is not attached to a trailer. With that said I parked there a couple months ago with no trailer and got lucky, but have gotten a ticket once. I think the ticket was $60 which again isn't too bad for peace of mind haha
True...$60 is better that a $150 tow, but Im gonna stay away from parking there. Gonna either park at the Marina or off of Studabaker road.

Damn bro... that looks like a tanker YT in your avitar but hard to tell cuz the photo is small. I havent fished since December so I can barely contain my excitement to fish Saturday.