PARKING AT THE LANDINGS?

fyermn

Sep 2, 2005
Utah
Name
Dan
Boat
LONG RANGE fishing
I am driving down from Utah in late June for a 7 day trip. What is the parking like at the San Diego big three landings? Are spots available, or are they mostly full? I will be arriving at LATE night or Very early morning the day of the trip. With all the 1-3 day trips going on, is parking a real problem? What is the cost per day for parking? Just looking for some answers.

Upvote 0

bdubs73

Feb 7, 2008
San Diego
Name
Brian
Boat
none
I believe parking is $8 per day. At that arrival time, you may find it challenging to find a spot within the front lots. The overflow lot across Harbor Drive may be your best bet.

Upvote 0

wtrbrdm

1143 Miles From The Landing
Apr 5, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Name
Ben
Boat
Excel
You can always park at the Ramada across the street.....about $10 per day and you don't need to be staying there. Some good spots in camera view...if that's a concern. If you smile, you can also have them tag a lockable case (I use a small Pelican) and hold it in their "coat check" room. I pull everything out of my truck (dashcam, registration, change, chargers, etc), have them store it and then leave the glovebox, console, etc open. That way if someone peeks in, they'll see that there's nothing in the truck to steal.

Upvote 0

matt fe2o3

Dec 23, 2020
San Leandro
Name
Matt
Boat
BT 101
Howdy, just an FYI - we stayed at the Best Western across from Fisherman's Landing. They let you park for 7 days free with a night's stay. You get a tag for your dashboard. Hotel was fine.

HOWEVER. I parked under deck - by the back entrance to the lobby. The concrete ceiling leached a nasty slurry - about 2" around and trail..... Just by chance it ended up on my windshield - have no idea how to get it off.

If the car had been a foot further up it would have ruined the paint on the roof of the car and it's a fairly new car..... So lesson learned is to park upstairs, outside at the property. I got lucky. Still have to figure out how to remove the stuff from the glass. 1st world problems. LOL.

Upvote 0

Crowman

Almost A Member
Mar 3, 2017
Northern California
Name
Crowman
Boat
YES
Howdy, just an FYI - we stayed at the Best Western across from Fisherman's Landing. They let you park for 7 days free with a night's stay. You get a tag for your dashboard. Hotel was fine.

HOWEVER. I parked under deck - by the back entrance to the lobby. The concrete ceiling leached a nasty slurry - about 2" around and trail..... Just by chance it ended up on my windshield - have no idea how to get it off.

If the car had been a foot further up it would have ruined the paint on the roof of the car and it's a fairly new car..... So lesson learned is to park upstairs, outside at the property. I got lucky. Still have to figure out how to remove the stuff from the glass. 1st world problems. LOL.
If its on the window take a razor knife that's made for scraping and it'll take it off with no damage to the window.

Reactions: matt fe2o3
Upvote 0

IronMikeAC

Aug 2, 2013
torrance, ca
Name
Mike
Boat
Vagabond
I am driving down from Utah in late June for a 7 day trip. What is the parking like at the San Diego big three landings? Are spots available, or are they mostly full? I will be arriving at LATE night or Very early morning the day of the trip. With all the 1-3 day trips going on, is parking a real problem? What is the cost per day for parking? Just looking for some answers.
As someone said park at the Ramada. $15 per day and not so obvious your fishing for a few days.NEVER park at extended parking. Bad shit happens there.

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
It's a given that parking at any of the landings during fishing season is a pain in the ass.There really isn't a good time to find a spot.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Almost A Member
Jul 30, 2020
Yucca Valley
Name
Shane Reil
Boat
Next year hopefully
Buy plastic razor blades they are made to remove stickers and stuff from paint they dont scratch like a razor blade will. A razor blade will also scratch your window

Upvote 0