Jig Stick

GO AZTECS!
Apr 21, 2008
La Costa
Name
Ken
Boat
Cabo 216...Sold
I talked to Frank L on a long range trip a few years back about the parking situation. He said he’s had a desire for quite some time to build up and create more parking at the landings but the costal commission will never allow it. Sounds like there’s zero chance at this point of an attractive parking solution.

Cubeye

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
Parked in front of fishermans landing for a 16 day trip. The ticket on my window when iI got back indicated a 3 day limit on curb parking. The fine was less then the parking fee in the lot. Just lucky I didn't get towed.
So you parked on the street and not in the parking lot?

Or you parked in the lot in the 30 minute zone?

Just recently got this partial message from the AA. I'm sure the other boats have the same service:
PARKING
"Parking will most likely be at a premium. If you are not able to find parking, we have parking passes which make it legal for you to park in the Westy’s lot on Harbor Drive (the overflow lot)"

Last edited:

bullyo

Aug 5, 2005
San Marcos
Name
Anthony
Boat
None
Got back from an 8 day Tuesday and just visited the landings again this morning. Parking on these two days was not an issue as I saw 20+ empty spots

Reactions: stank

stank

May 16, 2005
Norco, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
None
Got back from an 8 day Tuesday and just visited the landings again this morning. Parking on these two days was not an issue as I saw 20+ empty spots
Good news that, thanks!

DonnieD

Shit...where's the beer
May 27, 2015
SD
Name
Donnie D
Boat
FINBOMB
I always get a spot on Dickens street on other side of Vagabond. Then no need to deal with the lot assholes (not the workers). Prevents door dings and scratches too!!
Also Westy's is free I think for 72 hour limit between Best Western and Holiday Inn

Reactions: Cubeye

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
I always get a spot on Dickens street on other side of Vagabond. Then no need to deal with the lot assholes (not the workers). Prevents door dings and scratches too!!
Also Westy's is free I think for 72 hour limit between Best Western and Holiday Inn
Yeah. I just got another one on the back door of my van. Asshole must have lost control of his cart and smashed the right door in. I couldn't even unlock the door. Finally had to open the front side door, crawl to the back, and pound the bent out from the inside. Then I could open the back door, but the dent is still there.

I looked for a note on my windshield, but the asshole didn't leave one.

Maybe next time I'll park on the uphill side of the parking lot.

Reactions: RichG and DonnieD

sdrepairman

Jul 2, 2012
san diego
Name
nick
Boat
n/a
It’s really random with the parking but currently the lot is full
I did get lucky with front row parking though
2285B311-06B7-4955-BDBC-76CFEBDA7DD4.jpeg

Reactions: jer dog

bbuck

Dec 20, 2005
On the Water
Name
Buck
Boat
sunk
So you parked on the street and not in the parking lot?

Or you parked in the lot in the 30 minute zone?

Just recently got this partial message from the AA. I'm sure the other boats have the same service:
PARKING
"Parking will most likely be at a premium. If you are not able to find parking, we have parking passes which make it legal for you to park in the Westy’s lot on Harbor Drive (the overflow lot)"
Sorry I wasn't clear. I parked in the street in front of fisherman's Landing. There were no signs. Found out later there is a three day limit everywhere in the harbor area. As I remember the fine was about $30. which was less then half of what the lot would have charged at that time. Would have been a different story if I'd been towed.

Reactions: Cubeye

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
Sorry I wasn't clear. I parked in the street in front of fisherman's Landing. There were no signs. Found out later there is a three day limit everywhere in the harbor area. As I remember the fine was about $30. which was less then half of what the lot would have charged at that time. Would have been a different story if I'd been towed.
There is actually a 3 day limit throughout the county, it's not only there. Parking rule enforcement starts on the 1st again.