Parker - new electronic package

Parker Boats
Jan 3, 2017
COSTA MESA
Name
Hank
Boat
Small raft
How much should i budget for a new electronics package, including radar, autopilot, 1000w transducer with chrip, dual 9 inch screens, touch screen, ect —- including labor.

Would 10k cover an upgrade like this?

Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    Yeah, I'd say you're gonna want to budget closer to $15k.

If you need an installer in OC who'll be great but competitively priced vs. local dealerships with higher overhead, call Loren at 949-370-7188. He might be really busy though.

Reactions: Northeastfshman
    Upvote 0

openclass

Slam
  • May 28, 2009
    Napa
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Parker 2820
    A lot will depend on the level of the electronics you install. A radar alone on a sport boat can range from (Garmin my system) $1,600 Dome radar to $6,000 for an open array. You really need build an entire system on paper. $10,000 for an entire system sounds like it's on the low end. I think at least $15,000 for brand new offshore system with an autopilot. You can save a big money if you or a friend installs it.....not that difficult. Modern marine electronics are almost always plug and play which greatly simplifies component choice.

Upvote 0

Tuna-Sniper

Tuna Sniper
    Oct 26, 2015
    Inland Empire
    Name
    tom
    Boat
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    here is my old invoice from Seaside Marine just for items inside the pilot house not including all equipment for the tower and they did an excellent job on my new Parker. They do all electronics for Parker Dealer in Socal. I paid another 14K for labor including bait tank installation and second station control on the tower.

Attachments

• simrad2.pdf
      424.6 KB · Views: 360
    Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Jurel Hunter

We need to talk about your fishing reports.
  • Mar 11, 2007
    Carlsbad
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    FV Soldandgone
    i'd pick what you really want. for example, if it was me, i'd want to put my money into higher quality chirp sonar w/ hw chirp ducer. definitely a game changer. for a smaller boat, one larger screen that i could split would be enough. i wouldn't care too much about radar, but would want it for rare occasions. 10-12k would be fine and i'd install it myself. but it all depends on your wants/goals and how comfortable you are doing it yourself. don't ask what other think...start pricing it out - semperfifishing has prices listed online.

Upvote 0

Sydngoose

May 2, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Name
    Aaron
    Boat
    Parker 2120 Sport Cabin "Conception"
    I can tell you what I am paying for a very similar set up. I have a new 2021 Parker 2320 with Yamaha 300 and second bulkhead station being built now: I take delivery last week in September. Electronics selected:
    Simrad NSS 9" evo3s flush mounted at dash
    Simrad NSS 9" evo3s 2nd MFD flush mounted at dash
    Cmor card for NE florida
    Navionics card for NE Florida
    Simrad Halo 20+ radar on a seasense aft rake mount and 4 degree wedge plate
    Simrad AP44 medium duty auto pilot system
    Standard Horizon GX6000 ( nema 2k/ AIS) flush mounted next to Fusion head unit
    Standard Horizon GX6000 (2nd one mounted above the captain helm chair forward)
    Digital 529 antenna on Stainless ratchet mount cabin roof
    Digital 529 antenna on Stainless ratchet mount cabin roof
    Airmar SS175M (medium chirp 1KW) thru hull transducer
    All the Nema2k backbone, drop cables, ethernet connectivity unit, all hardware, etc..

with labor and parts: $16, 390 out the door. I am having a Simrad certified installer do the entire installation: I was quoted 24 hours at $125/ hour ( so $3000 of the above figure is labor for installation).

I am also adding a (3) bank lithium battery system with charger and a Minn Kota 87" 112 pound thrust, 36 volt Terova Ipilot GPS spot locking trolling motor : I will be installing this system myself: Cost on those materials is $5,200

Last edited:
    Reactions: marlyn and Julio353
    Upvote 0

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
    Redlands
    Name
    The Grays
    Boat
    2021 Parker 2320
    For our Parker 2320, we got quotes in last 30 days:
    $15,000 Simrad
    $18,000 Furuno
    Furuno will not have the 9 inch screens for a few months, but we think it is worth the wait and extra cost.
    Then add a couple thousand to upgrade battery system.

Upvote 0

knot keely

Aug 9, 2014
    The Bight
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Anderson 22 - Slingshot
    For our Parker 2320, we got quotes in last 30 days:
    $15,000 Simrad
    $18,000 Furuno
    Furuno will not have the 9 inch screens for a few months, but we think it is worth the wait and extra cost.
    Then add a couple thousand to upgrade battery system.

What transducer are you going with? I’m curious if the DFF3D would be enough on its own for our fishery (as long you don’t plan on doing deep drop swords). Gives you a wide cone like a 175HW (actually even wider) but with the added ability to pinpoint structure, and it operates at basically the same frequency.

Upvote 0

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
    Redlands
    Name
    The Grays
    Boat
    2021 Parker 2320
    Here is part of our list:
    1598230801261.png

The part numbers are listed above. The part number 165T-B54 is the DFF3D. It is our understanding the 2nd transducer, part 525STID-MSD, should fill in the gaps. It is only $325 for the extra transducer, well worth it.

Upvote 0

Tuna-Sniper

Tuna Sniper
    Oct 26, 2015
    Inland Empire
    Name
    tom
    Boat
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    ^^^^ you might want to research for a 1KW transducer and not go with fairing block if you trailer your boat and go with mushroom type. You have one shot for a thru-hull tranducer so this is where I would rather spend $$$.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
    Redlands
    Name
    The Grays
    Boat
    2021 Parker 2320
    ^^^^ you might want to research for a 1KW transducer and not go with fairing block if you trailer your boat and go with mushroom type. You have one shot for a thru-hull tranducer so this is where I would rather spend $$$.
    We trailer every week, so what is your recommendation? This is the first boat with nice electronics where we trailer instead of having it in a slip, so any advice is appreciated. We need to keep the DFF3D for the multi-beam, but the 2nd transducer could be something else?

Upvote 0

knot keely

Aug 9, 2014
    The Bight
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Anderson 22 - Slingshot
    Here is part of our list:
    View attachment 1189596
    The part numbers are listed above. The part number 165T-B54 is the DFF3D. It is our understanding the 2nd transducer, part 525STID-MSD, should fill in the gaps. It is only $325 for the extra transducer, well worth it.

Did they say what “holes” they were trying to fill with the second transducer? That’s what I’m interested in. They make DFF3D combo ducers so may not need a second unit. A mushroom type or pocket mount is a better option for a trailer boat.

You might want to call Gil Travis at Semperfifishing.

Upvote 0

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
    Redlands
    Name
    The Grays
    Boat
    2021 Parker 2320
    Did they say what “holes” they were trying to fill with the second transducer? That’s what I’m interested in. They make DFF3D combo ducers so may not need a second unit. A mushroom type or pocket mount is a better option for a trailer boat.

You might want to call Gil Travis at Semperfifishing.
    We want the 2nd transducer because it has fairing block to get better readings at high speeds. So now we have to figure out if that will work since we are trailering. Going to talk to Kevin at West Coast Marine tomorrow when we take the boat in for bait tank. :-)Maybe Vipertom can chime in as well since...

Reactions: Shewillbemine
    Upvote 0

phanatic!

Almost A Member
    Sep 9, 2009
    Fountain Valley, CA
    Name
    Danny
    Boat
    15' & 21' Bayrunner Baja's & 23' Pacific
    I just did mine. Around $20k with labor

1 Simrad NSS9 EVO 3
    1 Simrad NSS12 EVO 3
    Airmar TM275LHW (LOW/HIGH WIDE CHIRP)
    Simrad Halo 24+ Radar
    Simrad RS40 Radio
    Simrad WM-4 Sirius XM
    Simrad 3D Structurescan
    Simrad AP44 Autopilot
    NMEA 2k Backbone

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
    Redlands
    Name
    The Grays
    Boat
    2021 Parker 2320
    I just did mine. Around $20k with labor

1 Simrad NSS9 EVO 3
    1 Simrad NSS12 EVO 3
    Airmar TM275LHW (LOW/HIGH WIDE CHIRP)
    Simrad Halo 24+ Radar
    Simrad RS40 Radio
    Simrad WM-4 Sirius XM
    Simrad 3D Structurescan
    Simrad AP44 Autopilot
    NMEA 2k Backbone
    That will be
    We want the 2nd transducer because it has fairing block to get better readings at high speeds. So now we have to figure out if that will work since we are trailering. Going to talk to Kevin at West Coast Marine tomorrow when we take the boat in for bait tank. :-)Maybe Vipertom can chime in as well since...
    Talked to Kevin, we are going to stick with the fairing style transducer to ensure better readings at higher speeds. We looked at the trailer and since we load it by hand, not by driving it up on the trailer, there is plenty of clearance for the fairing block.

Upvote 0

Tuna-Sniper

Tuna Sniper
    Oct 26, 2015
    Inland Empire
    Name
    tom
    Boat
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    ^^^^ The Grays, make sure it's a 1Kw and chirp transducer ? I don't know what style of fishing you do but I don't go faster then 10K knots when looking for fish anyway since I troll and look at the same time assuming you are in the ZONE and the happy trolling speed is about 7.5 knots. If I don't troll then I depend on a good gyro binoculars(Fraser S250) to look for birds and boils instead of sonar.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0