Parker 2320 prop

Discussion in 'Parker Boats - The Tradition Continues' started by chiefen, Dec 6, 2017.

1. chiefen

chiefen Member

Name:
    jake
    Boat:
    parker 2320sl
    Hey guys need a little advice from some of you. I no there's a few threads about this on this forum but they are all older and want some newer reviews and advice please. I have a 2012 2320 with a yamaha f250 4.2l. The prop im running now is the stock one i believe which is a black painted 3 blade that's stamped with 17t I think. The numbers i get don't really seem right and on a very good day loaded with 4-5 guys i usually get about 1.8-2.0 mpgs at cruising speed 4200rpm at 25knots. I tried running wot the other day in the la port break wall for the first time and loaded i reached max rpm of 5500 at 36 knots. Which i thought was kinda off being the 4.2 f250 should max out right over 6000rpm. Anyways im looking at re-propping and hear good things about the mercury rev4 4 blade props.Now i'm just trying to figure out which would be better for me between the 17p or the 15p rev 4?
    Thanks and appreciate all info

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  2. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Bangarang

Name:
    flyhigh123
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    5500is about right. i have the same exact setup as you.

i max at 5300 rpm.

i do have a new mercury 3 blade 17p i'll be putting on soon and will report back.

i was going to go the rev4 but you do loose a little mpg from what i;'m told. the rev4 will help raise the stern.

i added a permatrm so i thought about skipping the rev4 and going with a 3 blade to get more mpg.

3. PACIFICPUNISHER

PACIFICPUNISHER Biscuit Buster

Name:
    Moondog
    Boat:
    PARKER 2320 "HOTLINE"
    I run the Rev 4 17p and it's an amazing prop on these parkers. I usually fish a total of three with full bait tank and fuel, ice, ect and can hit wot 44mph 6000 rpm and cruise 30mph 4100 rpm 2.5 - 2.8 mpg. Don't waste your money on a permatrim it's not needed when you get the correct prop on your boat.

RideMX4life21 likes this.
  4. PACIFICPUNISHER

Name:
    Moondog
    Boat:
    PARKER 2320 "HOTLINE"
    It's funny how guys go out and spend big money on new boats and add a shit ton of upgrades and weight to their boats and skimp out on the prop. If your running an f250 on a 2320 you should be able to hit close to 5800 - 6k with a med - heavy load.

Glyn likes this.
  5. PACIFICPUNISHER

Name:
    Moondog
    Boat:
    PARKER 2320 "HOTLINE"
    After you get your new rev4 raise your outboard to this position. The rev4 likes to be run high.

20170510_173638.jpg

6. chiefen

chiefen Member

Name:
    jake
    Boat:
    parker 2320sl
    Ohh ok not to sure why you’d lose mpgs though. Hear only the opposite?? Anyways thanks for the info keep us informed on how it goes after using it

7. chiefen

chiefen Member

Name:
    jake
    Boat:
    parker 2320sl
    Ohh nice! Good to hear. But do I have to raise the motor with the rev4 17p? Seems like it may be a process raising it

8. mrfish11

mrfish11 "Ice Melter"

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies
    Permatrim and a rev 4 15p on the same motor you have.....did lots of testing of lots of props. It's the perfect setup!

9. h2ocowboy

h2ocowboy deeper aint always better

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    Parker 2320 "Salty Nutz"
    Powertech OFS4 15.25x15 is what I run when extremely heavy [3 divers, 12 tanks], OFS4 15.25x17 when fishing up to 4 guys. I'm very satisfied with the performance of these props.

10. Fishingguy

Fishingguy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker

Wow, those are the best numbers posted Ive seen.

I run a 225hp with stock 3 blade and have been running pretty horribly as of late. Will be playing with this more.

Thank you for your input.

11. PACIFICPUNISHER

Name:
    Moondog
    Boat:
    PARKER 2320 "HOTLINE"
    Lifting the outboard made huge difference in performance and mpg.

12. chiefen

chiefen Member

Name:
    jake
    Boat:
    parker 2320sl
    That’s what I think I’m kinda leaning towards. Seen your other thread you started a while back about that one saying if you have the newer 4.2l engines the 15 pitch is better. How was the prop by itself without permatrim. You ever run it alone??

13. mrfish11

mrfish11 "Ice Melter"

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    No never alone.....all the guys who run the 2320 around the Pacific NW swear by permatrim and get it installed immediately. Gets the boat up on plane so fast and helps it not run so bow high like everyone complains about.

I really doubt you will be able to find a rev 4 15p...merc stopped making the 15p I understand. I think I had 2 of them located nationwide while i was looking.....lots of places say they have them until you order or call and then you will find out they don't have it....that was my experience at least.

Feel free to contact me with any other questions and I'll try and help the best I can.

A-K likes this.
  14. mrfish11

mrfish11 "Ice Melter"

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    Are these numbers on a newer 250 4.2 L or the older F250? Just curious.

15. chiefen

chiefen Member

Name:
    jake
    Boat:
    parker 2320sl
    Ohh ok makes sense. Damn that sucks! They don’t make em no more!!! Now I guess ima have to go on a where’s Waldo hunt for one or something....thanks for the info!

16. chiefen

chiefen Member

Name:
    jake
    Boat:
    parker 2320sl

Actually did some research and talked to a few prop knowledgeable guys and they recommended the powertech OFS4 16pitch. Any more input on these props on parkers?

17. h2ocowboy

h2ocowboy deeper aint always better

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    Parker 2320 "Salty Nutz"
    Talk to Brian at ValleyProp in Oxnard, He and Gabrielle are very knowledgable and helpful.

Mickdick likes this.
  18. chiefen

chiefen Member

Name:
    jake
    Boat:
    parker 2320sl
    Ok will do thanks

19. vipertom1970

vipertom1970 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    I just got the Rev 4-17P installed yesterday and will test it this Sunday. See the real test data from a guy from Classic Parker forum.

0B9975DE-D064-46E1-8BDD-383A473D010A.jpeg 95C00C5D-DCB5-47A3-8A92-C0B43E83071D.jpeg 91874A3F-09B1-40E8-A58E-791693B6A82B.png

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  20. PACIFICPUNISHER

Name:
    Moondog
    Boat:
    PARKER 2320 "HOTLINE"

Billy if your running the f225 the best prop for you application will be the Mercury Enertia 14p or 15p. I've owned a few 2320's all with different HP (f200,f225 and f250) and spent a shit ton of money and time to have them proped correctly. No doubt that the mercury enertia is the prop for your boat. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. Good luck

P.S don't forget to lift your outboard if you haven't already. It's the cheapest noticeable performance upgrade you can do to your boat. It will increase mpg, cruise speed, wot speed and the boat will ride better.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017