Parker 2310 fish box / storage enlargement

A^4

><(((°>
Aug 13, 2017
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Alex
Boat
Parker 1801(sold 2017), Parker 2310(since 2018)
I've seen other people do the same job on here, finished mine this winter. I can't believe how much space this created. I went from essentially a medium cooler storage, that could barely hold 2 fenders, to 3 milk crates length, wider than the crates, separated by stringers, with easily twice as much depth. Stern anchor, 2 other milk crates with tons of crap, gas cans, generator, really versatile storage.

Attachments

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
I had a 1996 2310. It had a giant hold between the seats as well as one on each side under the side seats. Limits of albacore for 4 fit no problem. Made the center a slush and the sides ice.
The step up to helm was much taller than it is now. I don’t know why they changed that.
Your solution should be standard! Nice work.

Reactions: A^4

A^4

><(((°>
Aug 13, 2017
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Alex
Boat
So where is your kill box now?
It's still a kill box if I want, depends on what's going on, a really big one. There's a macerator pump up forward next to the front bilge. Generally I'll be keeping it for storage when I take the family out to Catalina boat camping. Also Doug i have the 2310 with the full transom and motor mounted on the swim platform so theres another fish box that's just a little smaller along the transom. Got a kill bag too, so I'm generally pretty good. I really don't think I'll miss it. Time will tell.

Reactions: sueno

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
Yeah you got me thinking about my generator and Sea keeper for the boat!

bayfisher86

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 6, 2004
Fountain Valley, Ca
Name
Aaron
Boat
Parker 2310WA
So I have the same boat 2007 2310 and this looks awesome but I’m a little lost on what you did after looking at the cut out box? Did you just out the box below the water proof lip and That extra space was there so you put a fresh layer or glass over and painted it? What did you do for a drain? Did you close off the factory drain?

A^4

><(((°>
Aug 13, 2017
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Alex
Boat
So I have the same boat 2007 2310 and this looks awesome but I’m a little lost on what you did after looking at the cut out box? Did you just out the box below the water proof lip and That extra space was there so you put a fresh layer or glass over and painted it? What did you do for a drain? Did you close off the factory drain?
Under that fish box is just empty space. I cut the old box out. Removed the drain the has a scupper out the port side, glassed it over, new gel coat. Tons more space. Did not close off factory drain, bilge still runs all the way though. I had a new floor fabricated to fit at the base of the stringers, an inch or so up from the base i had a guy fiberglass in supports for the floor, install the fabricated floor and sides. Then he glassed it all in. There's still a bilge under it just a lot smaller. I plumbed it forward into the bilge area down in the v berth. Ran a macerator pump since this is now well below the water line. Ran that pump up to a port side thru hull I drilled. Basically I turned a small fish kill box into an at least three times larger kill box that I'll probably only use for storage. The floor of this new box is strong enough to jump up and down on. Make sense? Maybe I'll post more pics.

bayfisher86

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 6, 2004
Fountain Valley, Ca
Name
Aaron
Boat
Parker 2310WA
Thanks for the explanation! That makes a ton more sense now. I was just having a hard time wrapping my mind around it that’s all. That would be awesome if you have more pics!

A^4

><(((°>
Aug 13, 2017
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Alex
Boat
Old scupper circled in red, new thru hull from macerator. Old fish box showing the edge cut going forward around another 18". It goes about 6" towards the stern as well. Macerator going thru side compartment to new thru hull. Guacamole.

Attachments

A^4

><(((°>
Aug 13, 2017
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Alex
Boat
Thanks for the explanation! That makes a ton more sense now. I was just having a hard time wrapping my mind around it that’s all. That would be awesome if you have more pics!
There are some other pictures above and then here is the prefabricated floor part. This was about an inch thick. And there is that drop in the front for a catch basin.

Attachments

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
I got my grinder out this morning! It made easy work of the old kill box! Anybody need an extra kill box? Thanks for the inspiration! My kill bag fits perfectly down there! No time for Fiberglass work! Time to go fishing!

Attachments

Reactions: A^4