Parker 2120 wanted

Discussion in 'Fishing Boats For Sale Classified Ads' started by walkersoccer, Jul 27, 2015.

1. walkersoccer

walkersoccer Member

Name:
    roy
    Boat:
    parker 2120 yam 150 hpdi
    Would be awesome if it it was my garage. It will stay on the side of my house. I will post pics when I get it all dialed in.

2. mc08066

mc08066 Newbie

Name:
    Jimmy Greene
    Boat:
    kayak
    Nice looking boat. Happy you where able to get her to your new home. Please pm me the
    shippers info and cost. thanks

Daniel143 likes this.
  3. Daniel143

Daniel143 Newbie

Name:
    Daniel Galla
    Boat:
    Kencraft Challenger 206
    Can you PM me the shippers info and cost too thanks

4. Can't Parker

Can't Parker Me

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    2530 Parker
    Try "U Ship". Its a little hassle to register but worth it. The shipping guys bid against each other. You can save thousands.

Good luck
    Doug on Can't Parker

5. jim isbell

jim isbell Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Jim Isbell
    Boat:
    19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
    Did you see the one posted here a few weeks back, called "Best in class parker"?, it may be priced a bit higher than you want, the guy said something about wanting between 30 and 37.

6. walkersoccer

walkersoccer Member

Name:
    roy
    Boat:
    parker 2120 yam 150 hpdi
    That looks like a nice boat and I spoke with the owner. Seems like a real nice guy. Out of my price range. I bought one from the east coast and it is now here. Working on trailer nightmares but almost done and hoping to get it out next week.

7. Capt. Yakes

Capt. Yakes Newbie

Name:
    Keith
    Boat:
    21' Parker sport cabin Makowish
    Congrats, you will love your 2120 just make sure your trim tabs are in good working order as they are critical to a good ride especially with a lot of gear. I have "Lenco" electric which if you have the older models may need an up grade to the control box that is under the console. Very capable small boat. Have fished mine many times at 50 plus miles here on the east coast. Some things to check is the caulk under the rub rail forward of the pilot house as if it is worn out you may get some water seeping into the cabin. Not a big issue but while you have her on the trailer something to check. Also check forward thru hull bilge fitting and seal for wear that should be near the water line on the starboard side. This can be replaced with a bronze by going through the storage box forward of the helm/under cushions. Installation of antennas may or may not have a good seal on the PH roof so check as well as mine became compromised and caused a soft spot that I needed to deal with. Moisture working in caused some delamination, just depends on how and where they are mounted. Bottom line is go over all caulked areas. Have spent considerable time looking over mine let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to help.

8. pjbigdog

pjbigdog Member

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    Hey Roy, If you don't mind me asking, what are the details and what did you pay???

9. walkersoccer

walkersoccer Member

Name:
    roy
    Boat:
    parker 2120 yam 150 hpdi

Thanks for all the info. I finally got the trailer rebuilt and back together. Taking it out in a few hours to get familiar and make sure all is well. Friend of mine that has a Parker is going with me. I will post the results.. Can't wait to get the bt so I can start fishing..

10. angelinasdad

angelinasdad Captain

Name:
    Anthony
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    The tuna are eating the chunk bait...don't wait for the bait tank...use a 5 gallon bucket chum chunks then put one on the hook. Go for it.

11. BenTerrible

BenTerrible Member

Name:
    Ben
    Boat:
    AGITATOR
    I recommend Randy Wood at Bluewater Bait Systems. Had my bait tank built while the boat was on the way over. You can't buy a better tank!

Let us know how the first trip went!

-BT

12. DC61

DC61 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Paul L.
    Boat:
    33’ Blackfin
    I too used U-ship for transporting my 2530 from Maine to Dana Point. My shipper (Paul) was awesome. I have since helped three friends buy 25' Parkers from back east. Many good points brought up by previous posters. Survey is KEY. DO NOT buy without one. Also, a surveyor can hook up the motors (Yamaha) to the computer and tell the history of the motors. Well worth the $.
    I flew out to Maine to sea trial the boat. I told the broker I was not flying out to kick the tires. We agreed on a price pending survey and sea trial. I don't think I "saved" too much money by buying out of state, but I did get exactly the boat I wanted. I wanted the extended cabin, not the regular Parker. THey are pretty rare and expensive when you do find them.
    After all is said and done I would do it again in a second! PM me if you have any questions.....

13. BenTerrible

BenTerrible Member

Name:
    Ben
    Boat:
    AGITATOR
    Bingo! That is what it is all about, finding EXACTLY what boat you want, not necessarily saving big bucks. I hunted for the older 2520 DVSC with a closed transom/transom bracket/twin outboards. The DVSC was the model prior to the XLD. The DVSC has the most deck space of all the 2520's. I love it, we can set up our hockey net at the transom and have a slap shot regatta in between hook ups.

14. walkersoccer

walkersoccer Member

Name:
    roy
    Boat:
    parker 2120 yam 150 hpdi
    So yesterday afternoon I picked up a few buddies that have parkers and we launched my new to me 2120 out of Oxnard. The idea was to just run it a few miles and get me familiar with the boat and electronics. Well, one of them made a phone call and the next thing we are heading down the coast. We hook up with one of their buddies who has an extra small bt on his boat and a few macs, oh and some hooks ( we hadn't planned to fish). Well, within 15 min I'm on a yt, gaffed and in the boat. First blood!

Boat ran like a top and everything worked. We had to bail after that fish and run home..3 hrs, 40 miles and one yt!

Nice to have God friends. Stoked on my boat

15. walkersoccer

walkersoccer Member

Name:
    roy
    Boat:
    parker 2120 yam 150 hpdi
  16. walkersoccer

walkersoccer Member

Name:
    roy
    Boat:
    parker 2120 yam 150 hpdi
    Btw. Randy is making my tank. Should be done tomorrow....

17. BenTerrible

BenTerrible Member

Name:
    Ben
    Boat:
    AGITATOR
    You will be very happy with that tank!

20150826_185230.jpg

20150826_185247.jpg

18. stangclassic66

stangclassic66 USCG Master

Name:
    Capt. Erik
    Boat:
    25' Parker
    Wow nice job Ben! You got any pics of the sled?! :D

19. walkersoccer

walkersoccer Member

Name:
    roy
    Boat:
    parker 2120 yam 150 hpdi
    That looks great. What size boat and.tank is that ?

20. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    Beautiful boat....... congrats!

Did you ditch those rollers for bunks on your trailer...... please say yes. :D

Enjoy the new boat!!

The unknown fisherman:p: