Panga's in Popotla? .......

castone001

Jun 3, 2013
Murrieta
Name
Chris Stone
Boat
Dos Viejos
Staying in Calafia for two weeks starting tomorrow and was hoping someone had some updated info on hopping on a panga for a day of rock fishing or whatever.......perhaps out of Popotla or somewhere in the vicinity?

Upvote 0

drumford

gotta go babe!
Sep 20, 2010
C.M. CA
Name
Dondo
Boat
Cory's Rig
1- Go farther south to Santo Thomas and take the dirt road to the beach to Punta Santo Thomas.
There is an urchin diver fleet of 12-20 pangas. 5hours of fishing for $40. No bait, drinks, ice,
etc. Stop in town and stock up.

2- Make the run to San Quentin and hop on one of those sweet Parkers there!:hali_olutta:

Upvote 0

stucktip

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 3, 2011
OG Spring Valley, currently- North Park, San Diego
Name
Gabe
Boat
Whatever
or go to popotla and ask around. do it the day before you want to fish.

x2. Thats what I do. Most no speaka mucho Ingles but they all speaka $$$ so give them $20 to make sure they show and say you'll pay the rest after the trip (usually $0-$50). Most boats don't have any of anything so bring your own gear, food, drinks, etc...They do know where the fish are and are really friendly and helpful. I've always had a good time going out of Popotla

Upvote 0

castone001

Jun 3, 2013
Murrieta
Name
Chris Stone
Boat
Dos Viejos
Awesome thanks for all the advice! I'll post up with the results :) any issue bringing fish back across the border? ........ eternally hopeful lol.

Upvote 0

stucktip

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 3, 2011
OG Spring Valley, currently- North Park, San Diego
Name
Gabe
Boat
Whatever
Awesome thanks for all the advice! I'll post up with the results :) any issue bringing fish back across the border? ........ eternally hopeful lol.
I've never had any issues with fish but don't bring any flowers with greenery or fruit/vegetables. They will take you to secondary to inspect for pests. You won't get in trouble but it's a pain in the ass and a waste of time.

Upvote 0

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
There's been a number of posts here on Popotla that say its a great one-day trip. Think there was a recomendation on parking as well. Spend just a little bit more here on "search" for previous info. Place sounds fun, just have never stopped. I usually head to Ensenada or Punta Banda. X2 on going the day before.

Upvote 0

Sober

Almost A Member
Sep 24, 2006
Arizona
Name
Steve
Boat
Hobie Outback
I fished with a "Capt Juan" down there a few years ago-he sure know what he was doing. Put us on a bunch of nice reds. All bottom fishing as far as I know. absolutely bring your own gear.
Enjoy
Steve

Upvote 0

apple harbor

PINCHE GUERO
Mar 18, 2007
SEAL BEACH,BAJA MALIBU MEX
Name
anthony motshagen
Boat
26skipjack liki tiki
nobody fishes for $50 dollars any more gas is more expensive in mex then U.S. if you go to ensenada or santo tomas in gas alone your screwed,I got a good hook up in popotla call charley 011 521 661 110 0325 from calafia 661 110 0325

Upvote 0

apple harbor

PINCHE GUERO
Mar 18, 2007
Name
anthony motshagen
Boat
26skipjack liki tiki
Bring squid and sardines,You can buy in rosarito if you don't have,,,,lead heads with plastics and a chunk of squid work well but the'll hit on chunk bait,12 oz sinkers too, tell charley I refered you to him,my name is Tony,If you need sinkers I am here 661 121 1478 or [email protected] I have hooks line sinkers poles,well be leaving back to the states,2nd january, he'll put you on fish.

Attachments

• DSCN1435_136.jpg
    DSCN1435_136.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN1433_134.jpg
    DSCN1433_134.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 46
Upvote 0

drumford

gotta go babe!
Sep 20, 2010
C.M. CA
Name
Dondo
Boat
Cory's Rig
nobody fishes for $50 dollars any more gas is more expensive in mex then U.S. if you go to ensenada or santo tomas in gas alone your screwed,I got a good hook up in popotla call charley 011 521 661 110 0325 from calafia 661 110 0325

Actually they do Amigo. We hop on with the divers and ride out with 'em and while the 2 divers are in the water the 2nd. boat
pulls away and we fish for about 4hrs. while they take turns diving. Can you say sashimi and uni w/ lime, salt and Pacifico's?
Yes it's harder to get to, but it's truly old school baja fish camping...

Upvote 0

apple harbor

PINCHE GUERO
Mar 18, 2007
Name
anthony motshagen
Boat
26skipjack liki tiki
If I pop up two more times sorry for some reason when I post this site it fucks with me only this site,,,,,any way just trying to help I can clue you in on what you need appleharbor @netzero.com I am in MEX.

Upvote 0

apple harbor

PINCHE GUERO
Mar 18, 2007
Name
anthony motshagen
Boat
26skipjack liki tiki
I guess it's who you know we drive through there all the time and deliver tackle ,starting at santo tomas,take the ranch roads south all the way to san quintin do business with the locals, I get on boats with mexicans I know ,but the rates I see them charge is what it is, next time I'll tell people to hit up the divers first.

Upvote 0