Sep 18, 2008
Olympia, Wa USA
Name
Steve Ericsson
Boat
20' Ugly Bayliner
Love me some Surf Scoter!
OFF TOPIC ALERT!!

Me too! The green one is in for repaint and a bow railing, it’s over 20 years old. The wood is bleached out and the owner isn’t refinishing it, tight budget. The one on the right is a new design, windshields lean forward, rub rails are plastic instead of wood - no exterior wood/brightwork to maintain, outboard is on the transom rather than in a doghouse leaving the cockpit open, Gunnel line is straight with no drop, topsides are flat rather than sloped - it’s a great design geared toward fishing/cruising rather than just cruising to reach a broader market. Someone at the Seattle Boat Show liked it, the next one is cut out and stacked on the pallet behind this one, it should be ready to launch this summer sometime. If I only had the money.....

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Name
Steve
Boat
"Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
Good deal. Showed it to the wife, she wasn't excited about the color. i was bummed.
Maybe you could get it tinted locally to the color you want?

epicjohn

Aug 7, 2020
USA
Name
John William
Boat
Apollo
Hi guys, this is my experience with Fiberglass paint;

I work for Epic Doors which manufactures high-performance fiberglass entry doors. We evaluated several paint suppliers including TruCoat 623, Sherwin Williams Polane 2K Acrylic, and Aquasurtech D200.

We were looking for an environmentally friendly, single component water based paint that was super durable, had great adhesion and laid down smooth.

Based upon our evaluation we selected TruCoat 623. It was much more environmentally friendly than Polane 2K and is a single component and TruCoat had better adhesion than D200 and was priced better.

Pau Hana

Fish murderer
Mar 31, 2003
In the beautiful Pacific NW- Seattle, WA
Name
Pete
Boat
Pau Hana
Hi guys, this is my experience with Fiberglass paint;

I work for Epic Doors which manufactures high-performance fiberglass entry doors. We evaluated several paint suppliers including TruCoat 623, Sherwin Williams Polane 2K Acrylic, and Aquasurtech D200.

We were looking for an environmentally friendly, single component water based paint that was super durable, had great adhesion and laid down smooth.

Based upon our evaluation we selected TruCoat 623. It was much more environmentally friendly than Polane 2K and is a single component and TruCoat had better adhesion than D200 and was priced better.
Interesting way to revive a 2 year old post....

What is the impact resistance of this wonder paint?

I used Brightsides 1 part on my boat several years ago with excellent results- much easier to use than Awlgrip, and easily repairable should something happen.

Reactions: Deviant