Paddy Hopping at the 209

Bassacre

Nov 10, 2010
Oceanside
Name
Mark
Boat
Makaira 18 Ft CC "Killin' Time"
Headed out of Oside this morning with my brother to the 209 to do some paddy hopping and put the wood to some dodos and yellows:2gunsfiring_v1:. Bait reciever guy was half an hour late but its all good, so so batch of dines as per usual but we only lost a couple on our way out as we hedged our bets and got a half instead of a full scoop. Ride out was reasonable with a little chop and breeze. Found a ton of small paddies about 6 miles southwest of the 209 in 69.5 degree water holding a good amount of bait, but none of our target species. Headed south a few miles and came up on a good looking patch of 73 degree water and trolled around only seeing a few scraps of kelp and nothing else. There were a few terns dipping, but nothing under them but small schools of bait. Headed back towards north 209 so we could ride the swell in. Metered some fish under a couple of paddies to the northwest but chum and long soaks didn't bring em up. Wind picked up in short order and it got snotty pretty quick. Choppy and breezy out there today with a heavy marine layer, but the kelps were still spottable from our CC. All in all an awesome day not workin and chillen with my brother out doin what we love. Back at the ramp by noon and cleaned up by 1 :hali_olutta:. Hope someone got em today. Cheers, Mark

blubby07

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 24, 2009
Oceanside Ca
Name
Josh
Boat
21 Parker cc , and 2556 cierra yes its a bayliner (The Dude Man)
Thanks for the report headed out tomorrow!

stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat
skiff
I'm going out tomorrow. Did you stop on any paddies on the way out to the 209.

Bassacre

Nov 10, 2010
Oceanside
Name
Mark
Boat
Makaira 18 Ft CC "Killin' Time"
I'm going out tomorrow. Did you stop on any paddies on the way out to the 209.
We hit 4 on the way out, troll rods were out once we cleared 10 miles from the harbor as most of the reports on BD and fishdope were showing good results around 14 miles. Bait on a few but it seemed as though a good portion of the kelp we saw was from shredded paddies drifting in with the wind. Definitely saw some solid meter marks on a handful a ways out so go looking man! It seemed like the paddies that people were getting them on yesterday had drifted into colder water a little east of where they were so hopefully the fish will find new kelp casas the next couple days. Slay em bro!

Bane1

50T Captain
Mar 20, 2010
Dana Point
Name
Eric
Boat
32' Luhrs 'Mako-Wish'
Same for us today. Only found a few stringers and lots of lettuce from DP, 267, 209, and on the way to the 14 water was down to 66 degrees, so back to the dock. Coming back in, we found shredded paddies all over the place. Like the paddies all got chopped up from the wind and blown in. We need some stable weather for a while.