Pacman vs Mayweather - who all is watching this?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ?? fisherman, Apr 30, 2015.

1. mainline23

mainline23 Member

Name:
    mark
    Boat:
    -
    Watching for sure....been waiting a long time to see Floyd beat the shit out of manny!!!

2. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    For those planning on watching or hosting the fight and wondering exactly when the main event will approximately take place, here is some info.

Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao finally square off after five years of anticipation Saturday on HBO and Showtime pay-per-view, marking the first time since the 2002 fight between Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson that the two premium cable giants have worked together.

This fight is, of course, a really big deal, and the cost reflects that the promoters and networks think is a true must-see event for most fight and sports fans. At $90 in standard definition and $100 in high definition, it's the single most expensive pay-per-view fight in history. The previous record was $75 for high definition in 2013 to see Mayweather's fight with Canelo Alvarez, which sold 2.2 million pay-per-views, second-best ever, and broke the all-time PPV revenue record. That mark will fall, as will the record of 2.48 million buys for Mayweather vs Oscar De La Hoya in 2007.

There is no online streaming option this time around from Top Rank, Pacquiao's promoters, who have in recent years offered his fights with an innovative online pay-per-view option. This time, since Top Rank is not lead promoter, and there's so much money to be divided, they are not offering this option. Your only way to see the fight on pay-per-view is to order it through your cable or satellite provider.

It is highly suggested by everyone involved in the fight that if you are planning to order, you not do it at the last minute, when ordering systems could jam due to the incredible demand for the fight.

Here are the particulars for the show:

Start Time: 9 p.m. ET

Price: $89.95 (SD) and $99.95 (HD)

Main Event Fight Time: There are two undercard fights, and it's guaranteed that the ring walks for Mayweather-Pacquiao won't start until 11 p.m. There could be some downtime, but they'll have plenty of promotional material sitting around that they can run.

The unknown fisherman:p:

3. rodblder

rodblder I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    none at this time
    Can't believe I'm paying to watch a bunch of tiny dudes with giant gloves duke it out, can't believe i'm gonna say the following, i'd rather be watching womens mma than this..............hope Money gets his ass kicked...............

bring back Bones Jones.................

4. lj.fish

lj.fish Fun Shit Maynard!

Name:
    larry
    Boat:
    Julia Lee
  5. eric harner

eric harner Caliente Tuna

Name:
    Azlandlocked
    Boat:
    RRII, PV, the Big X
    ;)Yup my one of my wife's birthday gifts .....best wife in the world ....thinking she my have done for me.

6. mainline23

mainline23 Member

Name:
    mark
    Boat:
    -
    Hahaha manny had no chance!! TBE DOMINATION!!!

7. Fleet Admiral

Fleet Admiral Lucky Beads

Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    La Mirage
    are you serious dude. mayweather kept running and hugging like a little bich

Ultimate Catch likes this.
  8. Fleet Admiral

Fleet Admiral Lucky Beads

Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    La Mirage
    Bullshit fight

Ultimate Catch likes this.
  9. Carl

Carl Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again

Name:
    Carl
    Boat:
    everyone elses
    Sooo Mayweather won?

10. MR Limpet

MR Limpet it's not what you think

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    O
    i guess you can say that.

11. Carl

Carl Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again

Name:
    Carl
    Boat:
    everyone elses
    Sounds like this big $ fight of the century (dud) was to set up the big $ rematch.
    Boxing remains unchanged.

marlyn and SouthBayKiller like this.
  12. MR Limpet

MR Limpet it's not what you think

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    O
    I doubt it, I have watched pillow fight's that were more exciting.

13. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    Not really. The people who were falsely saying that this would be fixed, were also mostly saying that Manny Pacquiao would get the decision.

It wasn't the fight some had hoped for (a KO from either fighter), but many thought it would go the distance and it did. Being completely fair and honest, I saw nothing wrong with this fight. I wanted Pacquiao to win badly, but I had the fight 9 rounds Mayweather and 3 for Pacquiao. Floyd got it done and just flat out, out boxed Pac.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    PCH likes this.
  14. rza007

rza007 Iron Sheik

Name:
    Fish
    Boat:
    Rip boxing.

matta57 likes this.
  15. Bigfishhateme

Bigfishhateme Semper Fi

Name:
    Sigmund
    Boat:
    "The Sea Monster"
    Can't believe the fight was unanimous decision! Believed it close. Not much fighting , just jabbing , and running. Both fighters at end didn't even have a scratch, bruise , bump. mAyweather just kept running and hugging like mentioned above. Worst fight of the year!

16. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    Yep I watched the fight and it went exactly like I thought that it would, my only surprise is that more real boxing enthusiasts thought it would go any differently. Floyd fought a typical Floyd fight and the only chance Manny would have is if he threw caution in the wind and risk getting knocked out. My money would have be on Floyd but my heart was with Manny.
    Floyd is 2 years older than Manny, so why would he be waiting for Manny to "get old"?
    Floyd's bullshit is a little hard to take sometimes, but he has earned the right to act like he does... and considering the environment and the role models he grew up with, he is actually a class act... note environment and the role models. Manny is a class act period.
    The fight was a little disappointing, but what was really disappointing was to hear Lewis, who I would think would understand, make a comment that Manny was a poor loser because he said he thought he won the fight. That is such bullshit, this guy is a total class act and has never been a poor loser, even in a fight judged as a loss that he clearly won. I am sure when he watches the tape of the fight he will think differently but I can see why he feels that way, especially when he isn't on the outside looking in like we all were.
    There will be no rematch.

Mike thanks for putting the video up, I watched it from start to finish. I have hundreds of fights on tape, and a lot of the great ones, Leonard, Hearns, Haggler. Tyson etc.,, and fortunately the three that I consider to be the best three fights in Boxing ever... Ali and Frasier, all three of them. Two heavy weights fighting at that pace in those conditions for 15 rounds is simply amassing.

17. Buttchaser

Buttchaser Fresh One!

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    None
    I would of paid a few Hundred to watch this fight 5 years ago, I didn't bother to watch it last night,They're both past their prime .

18. BiggestT

BiggestT I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    So who's facing the plight of sucking down another 40 some odd Tecates?

19. walkerman

walkerman I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    n/a
    Yeah, that Mayweather sure is afraid of Pacquio. Funny, for someone who kept running and hugging, Mayweather sure tallied up the points. But then, what do I know about boxing compared to you?
    LMAO

20. PCH

PCH El Nino 2015!!!!!!

Name:
    Paul
    Boat:
    Gregor 20
    Seriously??? Money won 9 maybe 10 of the 12 rounds. Its not a street fight where you measure damage, it was a boxing fight and manny got out boxed all night! Was it a good fight, hell no, but maayweather put a clinic on manny last night. Cant believe you thought it was close.