Not open for further replies.

NextMikeSays

Oct 23, 2017
SoCal
Name
Mike
Boat
No boat
Natural born dipshit. People died this morning. Save your sarcasm this one time.

The unfortunate incident (boat fire) that happened in the Santa Barbara Island yesterday is separate and not related to the incident a few months ago when the Pacifica beached itself in Mission Beach.

Upvote 0

gnehekul

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
The Pacifica is having a great fishing season. No, the boat did not beach itself, it took human error to accomplish that. If the opportunity presents itself in the future, I would gladly jump at the chance to fish with Andrew Viola.
That's awesome you will. Lot of us won't, not after two accidents within less than a dozen trips of each other. Captains gets all the glory and all the burden of their vessel, he has the burden of a dead passenger.

Upvote 0

maurice escobedo

Counselor
Oct 25, 2016
United States
Name
Esteban
Boat
sold
Bring a beach chair. Lol.
I’m just making a joke about it.
Don’t know enough of the operation to have a knowledgeable comment besides being a dick
Sorry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paul Ward

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 17, 2007
Costa Mesa
Name
wooddog
Boat
Boaty
The unfortunate incident (boat fire) that happened in the Santa Barbara Island yesterday is separate and not related to the incident a few months ago when the Pacifica beached itself in Mission Beach.
Thanks buddy. I was corrected earlier . Had that boat fire on my mind when I made a false assumption. Real sad story.

Upvote 0

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
I had a great time with them on a recent overnight, nice boat, great cook, huge bunks and a super fishy crew.
I don't think anyone has too many bad things to say about the boat. I think most would agree Andrew is a very good fisherman. The question for some of us is with his boats track record with him as the head captain do you feel they will bring you back to port safely? There are lots of us who say there are plenty of other boats without an accident record. Good for you that you had a good time.

Upvote 0

gnehekul

Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
Finally! someone who has first hand knowledge of the operation! Thanks for that!
I have video knowledge of a boat on the beach.. a boat with half it's side torn open. Better than first hand knowledge according to the court system. :)

Btw Andrew is fishy always has been since his long range days

Upvote 0

O'side yakker

Almost A Member
Mar 5, 2007
Oceanside, CA
Name
James
Boat
Malibu Kayak
Thinking about jumping on the Pacifica next week out of seaforth, can anybody tell me about the boat layout and crew. I’m not super picky about food or anything like that it’s just a quick 1.5 day. If it’s fishy and there’s some elbow room I’m happy. Thanks.

Guy is looking for boat layout and crew.
So this is the cool stainless bait tank.
20190705_205058.jpg

And this is the bow.
20190705_201418.jpg

Nice wide rails, room to pass.
20190705_201401.jpg

Get out and fish guys!

Reactions: Cubeye and KCiuchta
Upvote 0

fish4us

Jul 21, 2012
Escondido/CA/USA
Name
Susan Sloan
Boat
none
The Pacifica is having a great fishing season. No, the boat did not beach itself, it took human error to accomplish that. If the opportunity presents itself in the future, I would gladly jump at the chance to fish with Andrew Viola.

Richard Neff would undoubtedly have enjoyed an opportunity to fish another day. Yes he had a name and it definitely should be brought up over and over and over again. It was completely avoidable and most view it as manslaughter at the very least.

Upvote 0

fish4us

Jul 21, 2012
Escondido/CA/USA
Name
Susan Sloan
Boat
none
Really? Were you born an asshole or did you take asshole lessons?
The real question is why are you defending a guy that was allegedly down in the galley eating while his second capt. was sleeping and was involved in a collision that cost passenger, Richard Neff, his life THEN gets other members of the fishing fleet to buy him another boat and runs it aground 6 trips later? All this while presumably sober! doesn't doing this sober make it even worse?

Upvote 0

Makscoot

Living and Learning
Jan 24, 2006
Snoqualmie River Country
Name
Scott M
Boat
Hyde Drift
Officers said medics were requested to the area, though no injuries have been reported so far.

The Pacifica did not appear to be damaged, Stropky told NBC 7, as the landing was “not very abrupt.”

The cause of the crash is not known at this time, but Barney confirmed that they are investigating reports that the people involved were asleep or were driving under the influence at the time of the grounding.
https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/lo...-ship-people-found-aboard-sdpd-511944022.html

Upvote 0

Larmo

Strip it. Mend it. Hit it!
Jul 11, 2004
San Diego
www.lawrenceshea.com
Name
Larry
Boat
Your Cabo
A culture has been cultivated in the industry where emasculated men living lives of silent rage have put these young captains on a pedestal. They have become their Tyler Durdens of Fishing Fight Club.

But it’s all based on bullshit, a figment of their imagination.

The real men are not the 20 year old pirates with tattoo make up who in just 12 months of operation have caused two accidents one of which resulted in death and serious injury. It is the Quiet Man who has been at this for decades and captained thousands of trips without any incidents because safety is their first priority. Those ordinary guys do nothing for the emasculated Salty Crew so they’re ignored. Sad.

There is so much to learn about our society that is evident in this spiral.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
A culture has been cultivated in the industry where emasculated men living lives of silent rage have put these young captains on a pedestal. They have become their Tyler Durdens of Fishing Fight Club.

But it’s all based on bullshit, a figment of their imagination.

The real men are not the 20 year old pirates with tattoo make up who in just 12 months of operation have caused two accidents one of which resulted in death and serious injury. It is the Quiet Man who has been at this for decades and captained thousands of trips without any incidents because safety is their first priority. Those ordinary guys do nothing for the emasculated Salty Crew so they’re ignored. Sad.

There is so much to learn about our society that is evident in this spiral.

OLD GUYS RULE!

Upvote 0

Phat Boat

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
I didnt know it was only 6 trips between accidents. Thats crazy

Reactions: fish4us
Upvote 0

fish4us

Jul 21, 2012
Escondido/CA/USA
Name
Susan Sloan
Boat
none
I didnt know it was only 6 trips between accidents. Thats crazy
Yup, Prowler destroyed but more importantly 2 broken backs and the death of Richard Neff on Oct 25 th 2018.
Go fund me raised $44,501 directly for Andrew Viola
First trip of Pacifica was June 14th 2019
Beached on June 28th approximately 6 trips into Andrew's new ride.

Upvote 0

gnehekul

Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
Yup, Prowler destroyed but more importantly 2 broken backs and the death of Richard Neff on Oct 25 th 2018.
Go fund me raised $44,501 directly for Andrew Viola
First trip of Pacifica was June 14th 2019
Beached on June 28th approximately 6 trips into Andrew's new ride.
yea but someone got called an asshole for bringing it up... these guys literally protect these captains no matter what they do

Upvote 0

fish4us

Jul 21, 2012
Escondido/CA/USA
Name
Susan Sloan
Boat
none
yea but someone got called an asshole for bringing it up... these guys literally protect these captains no matter what they do

Yeah there is a fine line between complicit, accessory and withholding and tampering with evidence. Believe me, all 51 likes of that insanity was duly logged filed and noted.

Reactions: antifret
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.