Tugboat64

150lb tuna club
Sep 8, 2017
La Mirada/Whittier
Name
Logan
Boat
Wanting a bigger boat
Does the Pacifica have bunks or staterooms like the LR fleet?

follow up question, is there any boat running shorter trips (2 days or less) that haa bunks? I know theLR boats do but they are mostly runningtheir 10 dayers

Roadrunner

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 3, 2004
San Diego
Name
John Gleaves
Boat
20 foot, Westcoaster, Roadrunner
The Liberty is a great boat and they have bunks. Some of their trips are 2 day or day and half. would reccommend Liberty over Pacifica in a heartbeat especially after having my fish pout on the deck for 3 hours in the sun while fish were filleted. My fish were not being filleted but still sat in sun - turned some to complete mush and ruined then. Not going back for more of the same

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
The Liberty is a great boat and they have bunks. Some of their trips are 2 day or day and half. would reccommend Liberty over Pacifica in a heartbeat especially after having my fish pout on the deck for 3 hours in the sun while fish were filleted. My fish were not being filleted but still sat in sun - turned some to complete mush and ruined then. Not going back for more of the same
I thought those days with leaving your fish in the sun are over with!

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
So how do they fillet fish on the Liberty?

Reactions: solid72

Roadrunner

Oct 3, 2004
San Diego
Name
John Gleaves
Boat
20 foot, Westcoaster, Roadrunner
Please do check with your local Ca fish and game to confirm regulations.

Commercial sport boats fishing MEx waters are not allowed to fillet.

All trips on Liberty in Mex waters I fished on did not fillet. the nice RSW (refrigerated saltwater) system the fish were put in immediately and kept there till unloading at the landing

This kept my fish very nice just like the longe range boats I go on.

ljg619

Jun 30, 2020
Chula Vista
Name
Leonard Gibson
Boat
SS Minnow
I’ve had fish filleted coming from Mexican waters. One boat left whole skin on where others left skin hanging for identification.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
So, you saw your fish laying on the deck for three hours and said nothing? Why not ask them to put them back in the hold?