Not open for further replies.

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
Are surf perch eligible for the jack pot?

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
If you value your life, you shouldn’t fish with this guy.

If this was,as stated by others,the same guy that was on wheel watch on the prowler then it's likely his last time ever being paid crew.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Thankfully, no injuries are reported. You armchair lawyers and judges should probably slow that walk with the negative and accusatory comments. That holier than thou shit doesn’t cut it. For example, “the same guy” Andrew was not at the wheel when the super yacht demolished the Prowler. And, he probably wasn’t driving this morning. Bad for the industry, what’s just as bad is all this bullshit, opinions and speculation.

Upvote 0

Danny

Fish Doper
May 17, 2009
Torrance
Name
Danny
Boat
SS FAT GUY
I have fished with Andrew, he has been solid in the past and I was looking forward to fishing with him again. I can’t imagine why this would happen. I hope he can straighten out his operation and move forward......

This happening after the Prowler incident.
Andrew is done. They will yank his licence for dam sure

Reactions: fish4us
Upvote 0

vegasandre

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
This is Andrew's Boat. He had the Prowler last year that got into that major collision where people died. I guess they did not learn from the past.
Pretty sad ... he is toast.

Upvote 0

Larmo

Strip it. Mend it. Hit it!
Jul 11, 2004
San Diego
www.lawrenceshea.com
Name
Larry
Boat
Your Cabo
There is only one plausible explanation:

It happened again, three years in a row now.

There need to be material changes in how this industry approaches safety on the water.

1. Two crew on watch in the wheelhouse at night.
2. Mandatory AIS in all commercial passenger vessels. And NO KILL SWITCHES.
3. Mandatory use of all collision at sea avoidance systems in the electronics at all times while running, INCLUDING WATCH ALARMS.
4. SUPERVISED drug testing by the vessels of their own crews.

The landings and insurance companies need to require these changes Immediately.

Or they’ll keep paying.

Upvote 0

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
san clemente
Name
Tom
Boat
Sold to the man with $$$
Thankfully, no injuries are reported. You armchair lawyers and judges should probably slow that walk with the negative and accusatory comments. That holier than thou shit doesn’t cut it. For example, “the same guy” Andrew was not at the wheel when the super yacht demolished the Prowler. And, he probably wasn’t driving this morning. Bad for the industry, what’s just as bad is all this bullshit, opinions and speculation.
I hear you Steve. It is my understanding that the captain is ultimately responsible for all activities on his vessel. Maybe I am mistaken?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
This happening after the Prowler incident.
Andrew is done. They will yank his licence for dam sure
Danny, really? I’m surprised at you, thought you had more class than that. So much misinformation and speculation here.

As some of you may be aware, regulations require a captain to take a break from driving duties. Based on the information supplied regarding the time of the incident, Andrew was probably in his bunk.

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
He probably was not at the wheel, but he hired the guy who was both times. The buck stops with him.

Upvote 0

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
san clemente
Name
Tom
Boat
Sold to the man with $$$
Danny, really? I’m surprised at you, thought you had more class than that. So much misinformation and speculation here.

As some of you may be aware, regulations require a captain to take a break from driving duties. Based on the information supplied regarding the time of the incident, Andrew was probably in his bunk.
The captain is ultimately responsible for everybody’s welfare. I don’t know where the captain was and Does it really matter?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hophead

When’s the next trip
Jun 26, 2004
san diego
Name
ryan
Boat
22’ Seaway
Joking aside, this guy is plagued with every captains worst nightmare. I would seriously doubt at grey light, and this close to the entrance to the jetty, that someone was asleep, especially after the last horrific tragedy. My guess, and only a guess, something failed on autopilot and/or throttle (run away diesel). It looks like the captain made a decision to run ashore and miss the jetty. The boat didn’t drift ashore, look at the video. Happy to hear everyone is ok, unlike the captains last incident...

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
shit happens,
so many boats in the past have done this , sometimes the mission bay jetty entrance is deceiving...

so glad it was not worse, and all aboard are fine....

other then in pea soup fog on a day where your radar depth finder and compass all failed is this even slightly excusable ….even in those conditions anchoring up or drifting until a boat with working systems can pilot you in is the prudent solution...

Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
I'm sure all the boats are running hard everyday but that's no excuse , lives were at stake here , this could have turned out a lot worse. Crews need to be rotated so there fresh , lesson learned i hope and they got off light , im sure changes will be made

Upvote 0

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
san clemente
Name
Tom
Boat
Sold to the man with $$$
Joking aside, this guy is plagued with every captains worst nightmare. I would seriously doubt at grey light, and this close to the entrance to the jetty, that someone was asleep, especially after the last horrific tragedy. My guess, and only a guess, something failed on autopilot and/or throttle (run away diesel). It looks like the captain made a decision to run ashore and miss the jetty. The boat didn’t drift ashore, look at the video. Happy to hear everyone is ok, unlike the captains last incident...
I have been told that Boat has been pulled off the beach, the engine started up and they drove it into the bay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts