Pacific Voyager 1.5 day

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by zlopo, Oct 2, 2012.

1. zlopo

zlopo Newbie

Name:
    Zach
    Boat:
    Boat ho/cattle
    Epic doesn't even begin to describe the day we had. Had a great group of guys put together by Doug at San Diego brewing company these guys didn't just come to drink beer (which thanks to Doug was a keg of sdbrewings red). Started off with a blind jig strike for a skippy and a short strike on the next troll rotation. Around 9 we found the magic one and it was 3 hours of solid YF in the 15-30 lb range. Had a few big bull dorado up to 30 lbs and. A couple larger BFT mixed in that went around 40 lbs and one large grade albie pushing 40lbs. After the bite slowed we motored over to a second paddy about 100 yards off the bow and this one was even better action than the first. 20+lb YFT and a few more big dorado. After about an hour on this one and finishing everyones limits we called it a day and started heading home. Seas were up a bit but nothing worse than your average trip after fat Albert though. I've never seen a bite as hot as today's. Didn't matter what size line you were on as long as you had a lively bait. A few guys stepped up to their 60lb rigs and were bit just as much as I was with my 20lb rig(total blast bringing in a 30lb YF on the lighter stuff)
    All in all an absolutely amazing day on a great boat with a truly talented crew. And despite waking up with a hangover from hell(too much of that tasty red from sdbrewing) and getting sick I still managed to limit out and give some fish to a few guys that were having
    trouble bringing them in.
    The ride in was relatively smooth but was topped off with a delicious dinner of roast beef mashed potatoes and buttered veggies and finished with ice cream sundaes.
    Can't wait for next years trip on this boat(maybe a little less beer next year though)

Just a portion of the kill. The rest is in the refrigerated hold

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  2. bajadog

bajadog Running around knees bent

Name:
    Name
    Boat:
    Yours
    Sounds like one hell of a trip! Too much :hali_olutta: sucks. Especially if you don't tank down a bunch of water before hitting the rack.

:appl:Congrats.

Any idea where you were (paddies)?

3. Mrmartin

Mrmartin Newbie

Name:
    Martin
    Boat:
    None
    Awesome!

4. boomboom213

boomboom213 Newbie

Name:
    hpppyo
    Boat:
    whatever
    Your report gots me pumped for my trip this friday

5. Vermonster

Vermonster Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    I'm a Ho'.....
    Wow, great trip! Congrats! :cheers:

6. zlopo

zlopo Newbie

Name:
    Zach
    Boat:
    Boat ho/cattle
    I was going to bring the handheld but forgot it by the front door so I'm not 100% sure. The cap said we were going to be between 70&90 miles from San Diego. I couldn't tell you where we actually ended up though

7. Doda2na

Doda2na Newbie

Name:
    JIM HAVILAND
    Boat:
    none
    You simply can't go wrong with that boat and crew.

8. zlopo

zlopo Newbie

Name:
    Zach
    Boat:
    Boat ho/cattle
    They did an amazing job. I believe they were the best crew I've fished with. And the galley chef cooked up some damn good food for that trip home. I didn't eat the entire day but heard great things about the burgers and Philly steak sandwiches

9. OIF VET

OIF VET Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    nope
    Pac V my favorite boat. Always a good time with that boat.

10. zlopo

zlopo Newbie

Name:
    Zach
    Boat:
    Boat ho/cattle
    I'm gonna email around and see if I can't get some more pics. I was too busy catching to go get my phone for pics besides that partial kill pic.

Oh and on a side note the bait was beautiful to say the least. 5-8 inches and extremely lively even a few macs in the mix and a pompano that I got a rat yellow on

11. jscrib

jscrib Whale Cock

Name:
    j
    Boat:
    VS
    Great boat, great crew and a great trip. :hali_olutta::hali_olutta::hali_olutta:

j

12. zlopo

zlopo Newbie

Name:
    Zach
    Boat:
    Boat ho/cattle
    Some quality meat and tasty main courses

Attached Files: