Pacific Quest 6/7

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by Shogunsc4, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Shogunsc4

Shogunsc4 Member

Name:
    Sheki
    Boat:
    na
    Decided to hop on the Pacific Quest with my fishing buddy Frank targeting the elusive WSB. Only 10 of us signed in, so we got plenty of room at the rail. Capt. Josh loaded the tank with candy and off we went to Catalina.

Boat: Small, narrow sides but very clean. fishes well with 12 anglers. The RSW kicks ass.

Crew: Excellent. I never even touch my fish or tangles...the crew was always there before you even have a chance.

Captain: Excellent. Fishes long and hard! Always looking to get us on the WSB.

Bunks: Clean and surprisingly wide...very comfortable for a 57 footer.

The ride there was a little bumpy. 5 of us woke up at 12:30am and started to fish hoping for a grey bite. The Dreamer was anchored next to us. Throughout the day, we move from spot to spot looking and fishing hard for the WSB, but the lack of current made fishing very tough. Capt. Josh metered some WSB but none of us were able to get them to bite then he put us on a rock that was loaded with sheephead. We ended up with around 12 sheephead, a handful of calicos, whitefish, and blue perch. Fishing was tough but Josh busted his butt and everybody had a great time. I ended up with 4 sheephead, 1 white fish, 4 calicos, 2 sargos, 6 blue perch. Josh waived all fish processing fees for all passengers due to a slow day of fishing. Great, classy operation. I will be back.

2. spike

spike Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Spike Ivins
    Boat:
    any chance I get
    Sounds like a good trip none the less. Sorry no big scores, but at least a solid effort.

3. mc08066

mc08066 Newbie

Name:
    Jimmy Greene
    Boat:
    kayak
    I have to say that was great of Josh to waive fees. I would of still paid them through a larger tip. Fishing is just that fishing. Sometimes it's great, most times it is not. It sounds like the group still made the most of the situation. Thanks for the write-up when most would have been silent.

4. Tunaslam

Tunaslam I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Cory Visser
    Boat:
    N/A
    Sounds like a classy operation.