muledeer07

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 30, 2008
USA
Name
Wade
Boat
None
Since it's a little late but I don't see any other reports for them I'll throw this in. Fished on the queen 8/30 Drew was on fire we had 34 people and you would of never knew it. Hit the pens first off for 24 BF then motored west, hit the first paddy picked up some nice dodo's and a few more bluefin with some rat yellows thrown in. Motored west for a couple of hours and found that magic paddy. Next 3 hours was about as wide open bluefin fishing I've ever seen. Every bait fluoro, mono straight braid it didn't matter, the farther away from the paddy we got the better the bluefin fishing got. We put 250 fish on the boat on that stop then went looking for that paddy again. With the tides that paddy had drifted 3 miles. Took us about 2 hours to find it again. Instant dodo and rat yellows, and yes the bluefin were back. Only fished for about an hour and the skipper called it a day, we had another boat with very few fish waiting. Kudo's to drew for letting that boat in at only 6:00pm. Besides the deckhands would end up cleaning fish til 5:30 in the morning. 34 people 150 bluefin 130 yellowtail and 67 dodo's. Bluefin, dodo's and yellows on the popper. Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

ash

Chief Inspiration Officer
Aug 28, 2007
North San Diego County
Name
Ash
Boat
Still looking
WTG! Thanks for the report, heading out again next week on a 2 day. Hopefully you guys left a few for us.

ycnibrc

Aug 18, 2010
Irvine CA
Name
Anthony
Boat
Hook Up
how was the weather? I heard the whole weekend is windy and bid swell.

lega*sea

Nov 18, 2011
canyon lake
Name
james
Boat
lega*sea 17' Arima sea ranger and SAUERFISH
nice Wade.... good going bud

blubby07

Aug 24, 2009
Oceanside Ca
Name
Josh
Boat
21 Parker cc , and 2556 cierra yes its a bayliner (The Dude Man)
That crew works hard to put you on fish,good cook to! Congrats

muledeer07

Jun 30, 2008
USA
Name
Wade
Boat
None
Weather was beautiful slight swell light breeze absolutely gorgeous. We fished thursday of last week before the blow was expected. Muledeer are coming 26th and fishing ends deer begins for me.

deskjet1120

FISH_N_EAT
Jul 16, 2009
So Cal
Name
Kris
Boat
Eventually
Great Report. It was my first time on the Pacific Queen and I got my first blue fins (1 really nice toad and a few "babies" hehe). I have to agree it didn't feel like 34 people. That was one of my concerns, but the boat was super fishy all around so I thought we had a lot of space even when the bite was hot. I will fish again. Captain and crew were super helpful and wanted to catch fish.
Thanks
Kris

Attachments

TheFerret

Spaceball
Jun 29, 2007
Oxnard, CA
Name
Jaredd
Boat
none
Nicely done. Capt Drew is legit. Super fishy. Plenty of room on the boat even with 30+. Especially if you have people who know how to fish. Mike in the galley is legit too.

sidealer

sidealer
Jun 20, 2007
LA
Name
jon
Boat
no boat
Hey Wade great fishing with ya!

Not much to add to your report... it was a trip to dream about. Capt Drew, the Mikes, Kyle and Alex you guys are a top notch lot. Thanks for making my summer!

might try it make it back out for an overnight Sat the 22nd Let try it again!