Pacific Queen, 8/9

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by kdrouet, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black-is-Back

Black-is-Back Wishin i was Fishin

Name:
    Hey you
    Boat:
    245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
    No but ill bet you could go there tomorrow and watch a 100+ boats doing the circle jerk looking for those fish...

bloodytuna, seabash and yellowfish26 like this.
  2. kyle schlunegger

kyle schlunegger Newbie

Name:
    kyle
    Boat:
    yes
    Not trying to be be disrespectful fishkilr, I just dont get it. My boat name is Fishing Game. I go out there now and then. If anyone sees me on a paddy, I share. Come on over and throw some bait. If you hear me on the radio (72) I will give you numbers. Just ask. I hope that when I have a bad day, someone will throw me a bone as well. We can get more fish if we work together.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    sneeb, larry dickson, lougio and 4 others like this.
  3. yellowfish26

yellowfish26 Totally Nude 24/7

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    26ft Seaswirl. The Big Chorizo
    Yes apparently you have missed something. The original poster went on a sport boat, copied down the coordinates to where they fished and posted them on the Internet. Was not his place to do that. If he was on his own boat, found his own fish and felt like he wanted to be a hero and post up his numbers then good on him, share away. But what he did is stealing. If the skipper of the Pacific Queen came on here and posted the numbers then that would have been ok but that's not what happened. Guaranteed that now the numbers have made their way onto a free message board there will be 500 different dipshits driving over that spot tomorrow. Think the fish will stay long after that? It'll be a shit show for sure. And the OP had no right to fuck it up for the guys that tried like hell to put him on a fish

SeaHogDelux and Blackfish like this.
  4. bparker1225

bparker1225 Ocean Addiction

Name:
    Bill Parker
    Boat:
    21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
    So with your quote the numbers he posted are still posted!
    You have 76 posts and you're already ranking the top 5 stupidest posts on Bd?
    I would suggest that is a bit pretentious at the least?.

Rimack, 998R, Tuna Master and 6 others like this.
  5. KnotyBuoyz

KnotyBuoyz Not so newbie anymore

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Wondering if the original post had simply said went fishing at the following numbers and not mentioned a boat name, would people still be bitching about putting out those numbers? I think not.

If those numbers were put up on fish dope, would people be bitching? Doubt it.

If the sport boat captains felt the location in which they fished was that sacred, then they would likely require the passengers to sign a confidentiality agreement.

Top secret email scandal part 2? Probably not worth the name calling fellas.:D

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  6. kevina

kevina I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    kev
    Boat:
    25' aqua sport
    I 100% agree. Also tell the captain of the queen, that you gave the #'s out to your buddy and the following day he slayed them. Let me guess, The #'s you made public for everyone, They probably in the general area the following day and when the queen showed up,,, They told them to go find your own fish, we were here first.

yellowfish26 likes this.
  7. freegaff2

freegaff2 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Craig Simcox
    Boat:
    none
    sportboat goes out every day knowing there are a certain # of private boats that are going to follow him around, cut through his chum line, and try to beat him to kelps that he can spot from afar, but not outrace a small boat to. It is the game with the fish local the last couple of years. BUT, giving the numbers just stacks the deck even worse...it might be legal, but it is absolutely unethical...it is stealing the skippers work product...HE found those fish(which is why you bought a ticket on his boat), and you giving the numbers to look cool on a website sucks. A long time ago, I used to take bookings for that boat for Big Ed. You sir, would never get another reservation. Nobody needs money that badly...

seabash, Baja Belk and yellowfish26 like this.
  8. yellowfish26

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    No biggie but the top 5 things I'VE seen. 76 posts have nothing to do with how many I've read...

Foad likes this.
  9. kyle schlunegger

kyle schlunegger Newbie

Name:
    kyle
    Boat:
    yes
    Thats how im seeing this KnotyBuoyz. Its like the frat boys are upset that someone came to "their" party. Lets share and get some fish. I still think its funny that people think the fish will be in the same spot tomorrow. They were at the 209 Sunday, and I went to the 209 all FN day today and they were not there.........they swim around. Lets face it, it is illegal for a private boater to get closer than 100 yards from a commercial boat. I know because when I was much younger I got boarded by the coast guard for doing so. It is not illegal for the sport boat to pull up right next to us private guys. They have that advantage.

lougio likes this.
  10. yellowfish26

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    Wouldn't have b itched because he would have at least alluded to the fact he found the fish himself instead of admitting he stole the numbers from a sportie

11. fishkilr

fishkilr on the water

Name:
    alby
    Boat:
    Indian/Aahi/Inseine
    If you guys aren't sure whether it's cool or not and don't wanna listen to the Internet then next time you are on any sportboat just simply ask the skipper or the second and it will be made very clear...

12. KnotyBuoyz

KnotyBuoyz Not so newbie anymore

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    If I were fishing tomorrow I would not go anywhere near those numbers, for fear of being classified as one of the "500 different dipshits driving over that spot".

However, if you guys going can manage to take those numbers slightly to port or stbd, then you are probably ok as technically you didn't go there. Don't be "that dipstick guy":D

13. fishkilr

fishkilr on the water

Name:
    alby
    Boat:
    Indian/Aahi/Inseine
    Ronny Kovach who wasn't that bad a guy and has since passed (rip)crushed his reputation among the sport fleet by doing a Magellan commercial that showed him with a gps on a sport boat and was blackballed by the fleet..

kevina likes this.
  14. ZX6ROCKET

ZX6ROCKET Newbie

Name:
    T-Bear
    Boat:
    Hahaha
    It's not like there is a couch and plasma tv at the bottom of the ocean at these coordinates, tomorrow they will likely be a few to hundreds of miles away.....

lol, some people get sooooo worked up.

15. Blackfish

Blackfish Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Name:
    Rotus
    Boat:
    50' Hatteras and 24' cuddy
    seabash, titos334 and gunnyslinger like this.
  16. fishkilr

fishkilr on the water

Name:
    alby
    Boat:
    Indian/Aahi/Inseine
    Guys that fish everyday use every bit of info to get on and stay on the fish...
    The best info is the most recent and the best skippers can put together a pattern because they have to leave the fish and find em again... They don't necessarily run back to the same #s but use it as a vital piece of info to figure out that pattern ...
    Fishing for a living is fishing at the highest level so just like anything at the highest level the amount of variables is hard to comprehend for guys that are not doin it...
    Puttin out those #s for a boat that has been killin it like the pq could put a lot of hammerheads on their ass making life a lot tougher on em...

17. yellowfish26

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    Both the sporties and private boat folks that have been consistently getting the bigger BFT over the last 10 days or so have been getting them in that general area. Not anymore. In any case it's the principal of it and you shouldnt need to have that explained to you

Blackfish likes this.
  18. Blackfish

Blackfish Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Name:
    Rotus
    Boat:
    50' Hatteras and 24' cuddy

19. Azarkon

Azarkon I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    N/A
    I can guarantee you that open party boats fully expect their spots to be shared as soon as they take a group there. Simply too many people on social networking websites, Fishdope, etc. who'd share as soon as they got off the boat where to go. In fact, I see reports all the time on this site from people who follow the party boat fleet and then share the location in their "own" report.

I can also guarantee you that if a spot is actually secret, the open party boats would never take you to it. Those are for special charters, friends, and sponsors.

20. rza007

rza007 Iron Sheik

Name:
    Fish
    Boat:
    When a bozo leaks out someone else's #s to other bozos.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.