Pacific Queen 5/29

Phishy Phil

Jun 15, 2019
SoCal
Name
Phil
Boat
Vagbond
Looks like the board is going to send a letter to the governor requesting local control of a list of businesses including sport fishing. The board is in favor of re-opening.

Reactions: Rimack

carnage007

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 9, 2004
Encino
Name
nick
Boat
to poor
sounded like they are looking for immediate opening of specific activities (includes sportfishing) with continued local control to close if specific triggers are tripped. Just not sure if the Gov now has to review and approve and does that kick the can further down the street.

Phishy Phil

Jun 15, 2019
SoCal
Name
Phil
Boat
Vagbond
The board's impression and conclusion is that they require the governors approval to open Stage 3 activities, according to the discussion I heard a little earlier.

Laukia

boss
Nov 30, 2004
Carpinteria
Name
Dave R
Boat
28' Carolina Classic
"The board's impression and conclusion is that they require the governors approval to open Stage 3 activities, according to the discussion I heard a little earlier."

and the SD Health Dept. approval on the individual business protocols...........I think.

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope

Tuna Dreamer

Jul 14, 2019
San Diego
Name
Jim Berghauser
Boat
Na

Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
Wow! How can the Board not get it? Being on an overnight boat with my own bedding, practicing social distancing has got to be safer than being in a Walmart Or Target... just saying.
My thought is, and I have been proven wrong before! I don’t know!!! WTF!!!!!
they have to put together a proposal to send to the governor to get approval to open a business that is classified As a stage three buisness. And they are in stage 3. Then wait a week, then decide on the 9th if they are good to go. And that’s not for sure either. San Diego is who helped put into place the policies for every other sport boat to open up.And they are still getting The red light. WTF!!!!

Reactions: Tuna Dreamer

Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
Board of Supervisors Meeting....scroll to bottom of page and find 6/2 video...fast forward to 1hr 35min crack a beer or three light a smoke and listen. https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/.../board-meeting-video.htm
So I did that and maybe I’m not on the right video but went to the agenda for today and then to 1hr 35min. And they talked about some small businesses opening up. High speed cribbed a bit more and didn’t hear anything about sport fishing. Is there something I missed maybe???

Tuna Dreamer

Jul 14, 2019
San Diego
Name
Jim Berghauser
Boat
Na
So I did that and maybe I’m not on the right video but went to the agenda for today and then to 1hr 35min. And they talked about some small businesses opening up. High speed cribbed a bit more and didn’t hear anything about sport fishing. Is there something I missed maybe???
You have to get to the 1:57:00 mark and listen through a series of 2 minute callers. Gets “good” around the 2:02:00 mark until about 2:49:00 when the calls end.

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope
My thought is, and I have been proven wrong before! I don’t know!!! WTF!!!!!
they have to put together a proposal to send to the governor to get approval to open a business that is classified As a stage three buisness. And they are in stage 3. Then wait a week, then decide on the 9th if they are good to go. And that’s not for sure either. San Diego is who helped put into place the policies for every other sport boat to open up.And they are still getting The red light. WTF!!!!
Im sure Newsom has it already.

Tuna Dreamer

Jul 14, 2019
San Diego
Name
Jim Berghauser
Boat
Na
You guys down there ,blow up your
Tv stations with phone calls about,
The shut down, they show up for big tuna,
Wouldn’t hurt any,
I just left a message for channel 8,
It’s time to get serious.
Just did the same with News 8 and KUSI. Sent e-mails and left phone messages asking for their support getting the Governor’s attention. Why are we the only city left not open when our landings were the ones who put together the action plan the other counties copied to reopen?

Maybe we ought to start a rumor of a 1000 fishermen planning on having a peaceful protest sit-in at the PL landing parking lot this Friday after work. (Too soon? sorry)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rimack and jer dog

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope
Yep !