woodfish330

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
May ALL Sportsmen in San Diego. ... and San Diego County see that it's time to get off your "I don't care" asses.... and find a candidate that will HELP OUR CAUSE in future situations.

We have been let down..... forgitten.... betrayed.... lied to..... Over and over. Will we let this happen again.....After our chance to clear the Swamp in November... GOD I hope not.

Vote....Vote.....Vote my BD Brothers. Let them see our "flexed" muscle this year. Any whiners after November..... probably didn't vote. Just saying. We've risen up to this type of tyranny before in decades gone by..... we can focus on this again.... and find a "FRIEND" to speak our concerns in that public forum.
🇺🇸

Be safe out there.

Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
I’m hearing rumors The boats having to buy permits and it Takes a day or so depending on what time of the week they get the opening, however You know what rumors do so don’t quote me. I’m not so sure it’s gonna be like the starting gates at the horse races.. we will see!!

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope
Gotta say, I do use that for my 60-80 lb live bait stuff. The 30,40,50 is the dub uni. For real.
Just busting your balls.

Reactions: Maing

tunakillerjoe1

Jul 24, 2017
San Diego, Calif
Name
Joseph Gratteau
Boat
Valco Westcoaster
I wonder if airlines, dining establishments, retail stores, or anywhere people may gather have to have such medical insurance? Hopefully the requirements can me overcome and everyone can move on with fishing!

Tyler Luz

Jul 10, 2019
San diego
Name
Tyler luz
Boat
Producer
my question is why the delay? I saw your answer about insurance but they started with San Fran then every few days there after another and another and so on. What’s the deal? Respectfully asking btw. Not angry or pissed. Not a reporter or a snitch! Lol
I'mnot sure but I think there is worry some about the close contact especially for our overnight and multi day trips

Hookup562

Mar 29, 2020
Long Beach
Name
Brandon
Boat
Grady White Gulfstream 232
I don’t see San Diego opening next week. The City Councils and government officials in Diego. Are more concerned about rioting and looting than opening up Sportfishing. That should be numero uno on the agenda starting Monday.

On another note. Santa Monica is going through hell right now as I type this.

Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
I don’t see San Diego opening next week. The City Councils and government officials in Diego. Are more concerned about rioting and looting than opening up Sportfishing. That should be numero uno on the agenda starting Monday.

On another note. Santa Monica is going through hell right now as I type this.
Yeah seattle was on the cusp of goin to shit! Yesterday Saturday was an absolute fuckin mess!!! I heard DT SD was hit hard?? Anyone?

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
I work on the condor. We are looking at June 5th maybe June 1st. Tomorrow is a no go I am sorry to inform you.
I heard almost the same, They vote on Tuesday (6-2) and it would officially open on Thursday June 4th. So technically your right, The overnight boats would leave Thursday and fish Friday, Unless the over night boats left at 12:01 am Thursday and fish Thursday. That's the dope I heard. i hope I'm wrong so the RR can make their June Heat Trip Leving Tuesday.

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
Heard same thing from Joe on the Toronado. The insurances are being a pain in the ass for all boats right now.
Boat prices will probably increase due to additional Insurance requirements or another type of surcharge to pass along.

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
I don’t see how San Diego doesn’t open up. LA County just got green lighted yesterday to conduct Sportfishing business.

Ventura County - Open
Los Angeles County - Open
Orange County - Open

San Diego is last one to open. I would be shocked if the city council says no. If San Diego doesn’t open up? All there anglers will be coming to LA County and Orange County to fish. Jeff on the Thunderbird and Ray on the Toronado will definitely enjoy the extra business. Lets not rule out Jeff on the Freedom out of 22nd Street as well.
The long Range Boats should go pick up and return Their customers from a landing open nearby in Orange County, if San Diego doesn't allow it to open this week, Just a Thought. I wouldn't be Surprised if The Independence doesn't do it, Since they own 22nd Street landing and a percentage of San Pedro Bait co.

Last edited:

Hookup562

Mar 29, 2020
Long Beach
Name
Brandon
Boat
The long Range Boats should go pick up and return Their customers from a landing open nearby in Orange County, if San Diego doesn't allow it to open this week, Just a Thought. I wouldn't be Surprised if The Independence doesn't do it, Since they own 22nd Street landing and a percentage of San Pedro Bait co.
In the last like 72 hours the entire Country is in riot mode and looting mode. It’s not the blame of the city or the county of San Diego. No one saw riots happening for 3-4 days straight. And there’s no telling when it’s going to end. And maybe you’re right Maybe the LR boats goto another landing for pick up and drop offs.

But what I’m telling BD right now? Is that San Diego City Council can give 2 shits about Sportfishing when their citizens are in danger and businesses are being looted and vandalized. I highly doubt Diego opens up this week. Especially when Newsom put a state of emergency order in effect. And called on the national guard.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
So how was the fishing on this trip ?

Hookup562

Mar 29, 2020
Long Beach
Name
Brandon
Boat
Yeah seattle was on the cusp of goin to shit! Yesterday Saturday was an absolute fuckin mess!!! I heard DT SD was hit hard?? Anyone?
Im in Long Beach people fucked up my city pretty bad last night. One of my friends works at a local CVS and they looted em. Stole all the medications and everything else. Xanax, Vicodin etc is now all hitting the streets.

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope

gary rimack

SD sportfishing fleet.2
Yahoo/Inbbox

• gary rimack
    Hello. Please help us get our San Diego Sportfishing fleet to resume operations. They can meet current health and social distancing guidelines and meet responsible outdoor recreation criteria. We have the best fleet in the world here in San Diego and they have an extremely limited calendar window to operate. We need your help. Thank you Gary Rimack
    Fri, May 29 at 2:35 PM

• Wilson, Adam <[email protected]>

Mon, Jun 1 at 2:23 PM

Hi Gary -

Supervisor Jacob remains eager on getting to a point where the restrictions on more recreational uses can be dialed back in a safe and healthy manner. We have already seen some changes implemented and will continue to advance on these efforts. In addition, the County of San Diego continues to advocate to the Governor's office for more local control. We believe we should have the authority to make decisions for re-opening based on our own region's facts, data and results to Covid-19. In the meantime, we are still a bit handcuffed by the Governor's orders before anything can be changed locally.

I will make sure to share your email to our County's top executives and health experts. Hopefully we can be in position to opening up more outdoor activities like commercial sport-fishing in the very near future.

Thanks again for writing us.

Adam Wilson
    Senior Policy Advisor
    County Supervisor Dianne Jacob
    619-531-5522

Last edited:
Reactions: Peg North and Maing

Tuna Dreamer

Jul 14, 2019
San Diego
Name
Jim Berghauser
Boat
Na

• Archive
  • Move
  • Delete
  • Spam

gary rimack

SD sportfishing fleet.2
Yahoo/Inbox

• gary rimack
    Hello. Please help us get our San Diego Sportfishing fleet to resume operations. They can meet current health and social distancing guidelines and meet responsible outdoor recreation criteria. We have the best fleet in the world here in San Diego and they have an extremely limited calendar window to operate. We need your help. Thank you Gary Rimack
    Fri, May 29 at 2:35 PM

• Wilson, Adam <[email protected]>

Mon, Jun 1 at 2:23 PM

Hi Gary -

Supervisor Jacob remains eager on getting to a point where the restrictions on more recreational uses can be dialed back in a safe and healthy manner. We have already seen some changes implemented and will continue to advance on these efforts. In addition, the County of San Diego continues to advocate to the Governor's office for more local control. We believe we should have the authority to make decisions for re-opening based on our own region's facts, data and results to Covid-19. In the meantime, we are still a bit handcuffed by the Governor's orders before anything can be changed locally.

I will make sure to share your email to our County's top executives and health experts. Hopefully we can be in position to opening up more outdoor activities like commercial sport-fishing in the very near future.

Thanks again for writing us.

Adam Wilson
    Senior Policy Advisor
    County Supervisor Dianne Jacob
    619-531-5522
When it’s time to vote again in San Diego I will vote against Jacobs just for this!
What a bunch of rhetoric Crap to defer the decision to someone else. Obviously there is no money or political gain for her to get by helping the San Diego Sportfishing Council.
I am just saying.....Who has the deep pockets?

Last edited:

Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
When it’s time to vote again in San Diego I will vote against Jacobs just for this!
Diane Jacobs once again lacks the political balls to make an executive decision and do the right thing instead of hiding behind a bunch of rhetoric Crap to defer the decision to someone else. Obviously there is no money or political gain for her to get by helping the San Diego Sportfishing Council. But if this was a matter of helping out one of her Union Locals comrades, I bet we’d have been on the water fishing more than a week ago.... I am just saying.....Who has deep pockets?
Yup!!!!!!

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope
Meeting taking place right NOW. lots and lots of support for the fleet and lodging calling in !

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope